Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Trip Cars have been found at Walmart (7/7/16)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip Cars have been found at Walmart (7/7/16)

Thanks to Paul Richard for letting us know about the Road Trip Cars that he found at a California Walmart today... he posted on the PCD Facebook group page earlier today.

We'd seen pictures of loose Cars with trailers... and a few loose Cars without trailers... as mentioned in the thread:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...66-Cars-5-5-16

Thanks to David Vincent, we'd seen a carded Ramone with trailer:

But there are also singles without trailers.

Will there be differences between the McQueen sold as a single versus the McQueen sold in the 2 pack with the trailer?

According to Paul, Sallly, Ramone, and Flo are short packed... more Mater, McQueen, Fillmore, and Sarge in the case.

Good luck looking for these... and hopefully they show up in other countries at Walmart and the equivalent store.

I'm not sure if I'll buy both the singles and the ones with the trailers... You don't believe me? I don't believe me either.

Let us know when you find them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

these look pretty good

Comment

SAAAAWEEEEEEEEEET!!! I go on Vacation next week ... might be a good time to find them!! lol

Comment

I cannot WAIT to find these!!! I absolutely LOVE Flo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i hope the cars are the same . or will all cars have trailers to them or not.???

Comment

They all have trailer hitches. Releasing as singles first is just a money grab IMO. If you must "collect them all", play it safe. Keep 'em carded and keep your receipts.

Additionally, despite Mattel's track record. And my years of collecting Cars. I'm flabbergasted that they couldn't even muster up a comic book. Or something to support this sub-line. I agree they look really nice. But what, why, who...

Comment

We've seen pictures showing McQueen, Mater, and Ramone with trailers... and I agree with you, GotFrank - a Toon or a comic book to support the Road Trip line would have been a great marketing tool... otherwise it's why do I need to buy another McQueen... Mater... Ramone... Flo... Sarge... Fillmore... Sally... etc.

Update: the Road Trip singles have also been found in Missouri, Florida, and Arizona... no sign of them in Tennessee, Kentucky, or Indiana at the few stores I checked this past week.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

July 12, 2016 update: The Road Trip singles have been found at many more stores... a friend found them in Indianapolis... they've been found in Texas, California, Massachusetts and more... so if you haven't found them in the US yet they should show up fairly soon... most stores got in a sidekick but a few stores have put them on the pegs with the rest of the Cars.

Comment

I found singles at 4 Indiana stores yesterday and have used the Brickseek app to find them at stores in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee as well... I've used the Item ID code for the Car and Trailer packs to locate them in southern Kentucky and Tennessee as well.

Here's the info on using Brickseek to locate the Road Trip Cars:
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-at-Walmart

I'll add pictures later.

Comment

According to Brickseek, several Walmart stores in southwest Ohio had the Road Trip trailer sets in stock... I planned my route and headed east... First store had just the Ramone and McQueen sets... The next 5 didn't have them... I was able to get employees to check via UPC at 2 of the 5 stores... Not in stock... I headed back home and stopped at what would have been my first store had I gone south first... Found a fully stocked sidekick and got the Mater sets I needed... Ended up buying myself 2 Mater, 1 Ramone, and 1 McQueen sets - McQueen is going to be the pegwarmer.

Store 7:

Back of Mater set:

Back of McQueen and Ramone sets:

Store 1 finds:

Hot Wheels Ford Performance set - found at 1 Walmart - I left them yesterday:

170 mile road trip... I did not stop at any Target, Meijer, or TRU stores... I could have... but only stopped at Walmart stores... had I gone to the last store first I would have saved 2 hours of driving and would have driven 80 miles less.

Comment

Working...
                    X