New 5 pack found at Toys R US on 7/17/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 5 pack found at Toys R US on 7/17/16

Found by BigMOCats at Toys R US in the St Louis Missouri area yesterday, July 17, 2016 and posted on the PCD Facebook Group page... The Radiator Springs Cleanup 5 pack:

(New photo from Scavenger)

According to the back we see 2 new Cars... Paint Job Ramone looks like Green Ramone with a paint gun... and Guido with Paint Supplies appears to have the same supplies as Lenticular Guido from the Chase Guido and Luigi with paint supplies from the lenticular Chase Car single... It's been awhile since we've seen Tar McQueen... Sally and Luigi look pretty much like we usually see them.

Here's the UPC:

Note the production code of 1346 EAA imprinted above the UPC.

Thanks for the heads up, BigMOCats... and thanks for permission to use your photos on the PCD website.

I know me... I will probably buy this 5 pack... and I think those of you in other countries (Australia, Canada, and the UK and others) will see this one in stores.

Some people are not happy that a lenticular Chase Car has been re-released as a fixed eye Car... but I never saw the Chase Car single in the US... and I'd just as soon see all lenticular only Cars re-released as fixed eye Cars.

It's also been found in Georgia and Texas.

Will you buy it?

Good luck hunting... had I checked my phone while on my Cars hunt yesterday I would have checked a couple of TRU stores... I drove within a mile of 2 but didn't stop.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

will I buy it, no I will not

Comment

I say no also. I think Mattel have missed a real opportunity to release some different cars within this box set. Like Lizzie with the radio set, this set is jut too weak to spend my cash on. Sorry but need to try harder Mattel.

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
        I think Mattel have missed a real opportunity to release some different cars within this box set.
        Like Squeegee Luigi.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          Like Squeegee Luigi.

Couldn't see squeegee Luigi in the main picture as the angle doesn't show the squeegee so well. Yes Luigi is well done and quite cool. The box set would still need to be on clearance for me tho.

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            Couldn't see squeegee Luigi in the main picture as the angle doesn't show the squeegee so well. Yes Luigi is well done and quite cool. The box set would still need to be on clearance for me tho.

I'm inclined to agree with Vandance on this one. That said, when these type of box sets go on sale, months later (already much later than the rest of the world) they are quite beat up in stores!

At the moment in the UK, we are so far behind everyone else!

The last singles case was first seen nearly four months ago. We've had no 2016 deluxe so far, double packs only at Hamleys. There have been no 2016 Toons.

Comment

Just to clarify, Squeegee Luigi is a custom. I was saying Mattel could have made one for this set.

To add insult to injury, Tar McQueen was in the last 5-pack. Tractor Stampede with only one barely new Car. And several minor variants.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiator-Stam.../dp/B013V93OSG
              Last edited by GotFrank; 07-19-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                Just to clarify, Squeegee Luigi is a custom. I was saying Mattel could have made one for this set.
                Should have known...great work as usual Frank!

Comment

Great custom squeegee, GotFrank! It's too bad that Mattel didn't include it.

And I can see them releasing an updated set with a Luigi squeegee as the only new item (a la Lizzie's radio in the Target 11 pack).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Courtesy of Scavenger, here are some more pictures of the 5 pack:

Ramone:

Guido and Luigi:

Guido looks much better with fixed eyes, in my opinion.

Ramone's gun, Luigi, Guido, and part of Tar McQueen:

Thank you for the photos, Scavenger!

This 5 pack has been found today in Southern California and Arizona.

Comment

I found this at an Indianapolis TRU this morning... I fully expected to buy it... I planned on buying it... But I didn't... I'll be going back through Indy in a few hours and may stop again... Not sure I'll buy it... GOMATERGO and Scavenger seem to think waiting for a 20% off coupon might be a good idea.

Comment

i got it from tru, can belive i got it...haha

Comment

I've seen this new 5 pack at 4 different Toys R US stores on 4 different occasions... most recently this morning... I look at it, but that's as far as I've been able to go with it so far... It doesn't seem like that long ago that I "had" to buy any new Cars diecast.

Comment

Working...
                          X