Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nov 30, 2016: Check Walmart stores for a new sidekick and red Christmas bins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 30, 2016: Check Walmart stores for a new sidekick and red Christmas bins!

We finally have reports of new Cars being found in sidekicks at Walmart stores... Found by carsincali in California and Sweet-Wheels Dunn in Texas... J Low Lee, MA Brakedrumm, Jason Hubkap, Towga Gremlin, and Alex Machino.

Here are pictures from Sweet-Wheels Dunn:

Do I cancel my bowling league for tonight to make an out-of-town Cars hunt?

Thank you for the heads up and the pictures, Sweet-Wheels Dunn!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Thank you For posting my finds..

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet-Wheels Dunn View Post
      Thank you For posting my finds..
      Thank you for letting us know about the sidekick... I know that more of our members have found the sidekick since we got the word out... I'm hoping to find it in a store sometime soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

only 1 of 6 walmarts checked had the sidekick so far

Comment

I'm 0 for 3 thus far...

Comment

I'm 0 for 4... None at 3 Dayton Walmart stores on Thursday night... none at the local Walmart the last 2 days... was considering heading to the Cincinnati area tonight but decided not to... fortunately I have a couple of friends from out of town who are looking for me and have had some success.

Comment

12/5/16: Red Christmas Bins found at Walmart today

Found in red Christmas bins at a California Walmart today:

I also have an unconfirmed report of them being found at a Central Indiana Walmart store as well - waiting on a picture.

I'm looking forward to Faux Wheel Drive and Wilmar Flattz from the case(s) shown in the above picture.

Comment

Found zilch at the four local stores this morning.

Comment

Here's a bin - photo sent by Scavenger:

Two bins for Cars is better than 0 bins for Cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    Here's a bin - photo sent by Scavenger:

Two bins for Cars is better than 0 bins for Cars.
                    the bin in my Walmart like that had all 9 compartments full of legos

Comment

Our Walmart had one bin with just the Lego the other day... tonight when I stopped there were 6 bins... and in 2 compartments of one bin I found:

I also bought one each of Petro Cartalina, Sputter Stop, Fiber Fuel, and Retread (without the download snipe).

No sign of the sidekick yet... keep on looking - we are still 17 shopping days away from Christmas.

Comment

I'm on my fourth wasted trip. Starting to remember why I used to pay $15 for a $4 Car.

Comment

Look what Micky (aka Jay Mac) found at a Walmart in red bins near her yesterday... Cars from Case R!

Here's Ralph Carlow:

PT Flea and Alloy Hemberger:

Cardbacks of left to right, Ralph Carlow, Alloy Hemberger, and PT Flea:

And it turns out that the Ghostlight Ramone is different from the old version... here's a picture showing the Walmart 8 version on top and the new version from case S on the bottom:

I'll open up a new Ghostlight Ramone to get better photos.

So based on the number of people finding bins and sidekicks, I decided to make a quick run to Dayton last night... I found Cars bins at 1 store out of 4 and bought a few Cars... I did find bins (not sure if any Cars) in another store still in the lawn and garden area behind a locked gate and decided I wasn't going to climb over it to look (trespassing did not sound like a good idea)... I did find Deluxe at 2 of 4 stores... and I stopped by our local Walmart on the way back to get more Ghostlight Ramone since I didn't see any at the one Dayton store that had them.

So the floodgates have opened up - new Cars are coming... still not sure about the distribution but then as long time collectors know, I've been saying that for years... all I can say is keep on looking... and if you doubt if they'll show up at your store, you may have to make a road trip (or 2) or count on others.

Comment

Went to 1 Walmart in southwest Ohio yesterday on our way to IKEA... the Case S Cars bins had been picked over... I found part of a sidekick and got these:

I don't think I'm going to find J Low Lee in a store... but at least I've now found the other 4 new Cars from that case in stores... now to find case R and more new Cars... it never ends, does it.

Comment

Working...
                            X