Faux Wheel Drive (Johnny Blamer) - First carded release with plastic tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux Wheel Drive (Johnny Blamer) - First carded release with plastic tires

We now have the first carded release of Faux Wheel Drive with plastic tires... called Johnny Blamer, Faux Wheel Drive is part of the 2017 Piston Cup series... 5/11.

FWD_120516.JPG

Here's a better photo, courtesy of Scavenger:

Faux Wheel Drive with plastic tires was previously released as part of the Speedway of the South set and as a UK mail-in promo that came in a baggy... it never was released as a carded item... not in a boxed set, not as a launcher or Lightyear launcher... I traded for 21 Faux Wheel Drive UK promo Cars when it first came out and bought several more a few years later when they appeared on eBay.

The back of the 2017 FWD single also shows Lightning McQueen, Vinyl Toupee, No Stall, Fiber Fuel, Sputter Stop, and N2O Cola.

Faux Wheel Drive was released as part of the Kmart 5 Cars Collector event with rubber tires as both a single and as part of a 3 pack with Gask-Its and Lightning McQueen.

I'll definitely buy a carded Faux Wheel Drive for my carded Piston Cup racer collection... will you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

in a word no

Comment

I am going to buy one because I intend to have one of each Piston Cup racer carded... while some I may currently have carded more than once (launcher, single on different cardbacks, 2 pack, 4 pack), I don't have Faux Wheel Drive carded as it hasn't been released yet.

I also have decided that I need to downsize my collection and am going to start the daunting task of going through boxes and totes to determine what I am going to sell and what I am going to keep.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

chris , I cant see you downsizing, its too big a job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          chris , I cant see you downsizing, its too big a job!!!
          It is going to be a huge undertaking, boogity... but it's got to be done... I have boxes with Cars I don't need and am not going to display.

Comment

In the next week or so I am going to count the number of cars items I have, wether it be Mattel, Disney, Knock off, Comics, Books, Ornaments, Posters, Junk etc
            I dont think i,m going to like what I find, especially when I see what ive probably spent in the last 10 years
            Watch this space

Comment

They need to release gaskits!

Comment

Originally posted by DraculaMater123 View Post
                They need to release gaskits!
                Gask-Its was released as a Lightyear Launcher with plastic tires several years ago... I only found a handful of them and don't have any left.

Gask-Its is scheduled to be released as a Movie Moments single in the next wave - as it has been listed loose on eBay through sellers from China I think we will see it fairly soon.

Comment

Working...
                X