Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston Cup Pit Crew Chiefs

Piston Cup Pit Crew Chiefs

Hi all, I am building an imaginary Piston Cup Oval Race Track for my Grandson Jonah- "Crankshaft County Raceway". A main feature is going to be the Pits area, so we are currently trawling eBay for Pity's, Chiefs and accessories for the layout. We are not desperate to find brand new pristine examples as when Jonah gets hold of them I think there will be several large race wrecks that will no doubt incur chipping and denting.

The real point of my post is to try and find out what Piston Cup crew Chiefs are actually available to the toy user (note I differentiate between collector and user as whatever we buy will be well used). So far we have purchased/won the following characters.

Dinoco Pit Chief - Blue Pickup with headset
    htB No 86 Pit Chief - Green Pickup with headset
    RPM Pit Chief - Yellow saloon car with headset
    LM's Pit Chief - Blue Hudson Hornet with headset

Can anyone tell me what other Piston Cup crew Chiefs are available please. There seems to be several more available inthe USA fairly cheaply but the postage to the UK is usually around 3 times what we would pay for the actual car, lets hope the UK gets a quick good trade deal with the USA soon!

Regarding Pity's, we have the following -

4 x Dinoco Blue with Toolbox
    5 x htB with 2 Green x Toolboxes
    1 x Rusteze 95 Red with 2 x Toolbox
    4 x Leak Less Yellow with 2 x Toolbox
    2 x Octane Gain Orange with Toolbox
    4 x Guido's
    1 x Tank Cote Pink
    1 x Black and White striped Pity?

I have no idea what the B&W Pity is or what he does!

I think I am going to have to consider obtaining some more RPM Crew Chiefs and repainting them in other team colours, they appear to be very cheap and easily available on eBay from China at the moment.

By the way where do all these Chinese unboxed Cars Toys come from. Are they Fakes/Knock Offs or factory rejects? I have noticed that most of them do not run very well. Are they stolen from the factory dumpsters I wonder.

I'm very sorry if all these questions are a little boring or have been covered years ago, I am a little late to the party I'm afraid and the cars merchandise just doesn't get the web coverage over here in the UK as it does in the States.

Thanks for reading.

Ian

Hello & welcome over here also. ;-)

Comment

I have an extra RPM Chief and custom Fiberfuel Chief if you want.

Comment

Faux Wheel Drive,

Thanks for the offer, I have a few RPM Chiefs on the way from China, 1 for keeps and a couple to convert to Shiny Wax and Octane Gain when they arrive.

However, I would be interested in the Fiberfuel Chief. Is it loose? As the toys are for my Grandson to play with on the Raceway I am building so they don't need to be on the cards and in pristine condition! We have a few doubles of un-carded Fin McMissile and Mater. We have a Mater with a red tray and a couple of wine glasses on it if that is of any use to you. Sorry I am a bit new at the trading thing!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Here is a picture. I'm sorry but I have the cars you offered. I I'll take $17 USD via PayPal + shipping.IMG_4307.jpg

Comment

Welcome, Rickskid! It's always nice to have new collectors join us.

You've gotten a pretty good start on your collection - and it's good to see that you're going to let your grandson play with them... they are toys - some of us do forget that at times.

Some of the crew chiefs and pittys have had limited release as part of 3 packs and 4 packs that haven't been sold since 2010 - before Cars 2... having said that, here's a lit of the officially released Piston Cup Crew chiefs:

HTB Crew Chief - part of a Target team crew set 4 pack with 3 pittys... Pickup truck
            Dinoco Crew Chief - part of a Target team crew set 4 pack with 3 pittys... pickup truck
            Octane Gaine Crew Chief - part of a Target team crew set 4 pack with 3 pittys... SUV
            Leakless Crew Chief - was part of both a 3 pack and the Target team crew set 4 pack... Car.
            Nitroade Crew Chief - part of a Target team crew set 4 pack with 3 pittys... pickup truck
            No Stall Crew Chief - part of a 3 pack with racer and pitty... was also a single... Car
            RPM Crew Chief - part of a 3 pack with racer and pitty... was also part of a 2 pack... Car
            Bumper Save Crew Chief - part of a Target team crew set 4 pack with 3 pittys... looks a bit like an El Camino.
            Shiny Wax Crew Chief - part of a 3 pack with racer and pitty... was also an Easter egg several year ago... Car.
            Spare Mint Crew Chief - part of a 3 pack with racer and pitty... was also an Easter egg several year ago... Car.

Your Doc Hudson with headset is the closest thing to a McQueen crew chief - there was also a pitty named "My Name is Not Chuck"

Unfortunately due to case assortments Target canceled the Team Crew Chief series... there were Easy Idle and N2O Cola sets listed on the Target website in the US but they were never for sale... I was able to get an Easy Idle Crew Chief from a friend from Asia but never got N2O Cola... the loose team sets were around $100 each plus shipping on eBay and I couldn't pull the trigger on them... hopefully we'll see them one day... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks for the offer FWD but I now have around 6 RPM Crew Chiefs on the way from China so I reckon I'll have a go at some simple repaints myself, it's just the decals I'm not too sure about.

cac1959 thanks for all the gen on the Crew Chiefs and Pitys, I have a Spare Mint Boxed set coming which I won on eBay for around $15 which I didn't think was too bad but apparently the set does not include a toolbox!

IMG_4549.jpg

Here is a piccie of my progress so far on the Crew Chief's Pit Boxes.

Here's was of the layout as it currently stands.

IMG_4546.jpg

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Sorry for the tilted images, i haven't figured out how to rotate them in a post yet.

Comment

Ok no worries I can't wait to see the crew chiefs you make!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rickskid View Post
                      Sorry for the tilted images, i haven't figured out how to rotate them in a post yet.
                      I have a Chief Shiny Wax if you need.

Comment

Your set up is looking good, Rickskid! Somewhere I have one of the Cars 2 Charge Ups race sets (from Target) - I know where the Cars are and some of the track pieces... they evidently weren't put in the same box when we moved almost 3 years ago.

I hate to open my unopened track set until I get my Cars room organized (it's going to be months if not years) and give up on finding the rest of the Charge Ups track.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Adding to Pit Crews

Look what just arrived, an eBay purchase for UKP 15.70. Which I didn't think was too bad except the seller charged me double what what the postage actually cost.

A2.jpg

It's tempting to leave this RaceOrama set in it's box as it looks so good but they are for playing with on little Man's layout so he can open the box when he arrives next week.

The Race Way track is coming along nicely now not a lot more to do to it.

I.jpg

Really sorry about the layout of these photos, it seems the uploader on this site loves to load everything upside down or on its side and I can't find an image rotate tool!

Cheers

Ian
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X