Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cars 3 Road to the Races: May 22, 2017: Cincinnati Ohio report

Here's a follow up to a post from March 2017 at this thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-city-near-you!

I went to the May 22, 2017 Cars 3 Road to the Races event in Cincinnati, Ohio today... I had a great time... I'm really glad I made a reservation that allowed me to go straight in - otherwise I'd have been waiting 2 to 3 hours to get in and I forgot to wear (or take) a hat.... Here are my pictures from the event along with a few from Cars shopping before or after the event as well as a few photos from the Cars 2 event on April 1, 2011.

The lines were long:

I love the rims on Cruz Ramirez:

It is the Road to the Races:

The sneak peek of the movie was in this trailer:

The Lightning Berry Smoothie was really good:

You could make Cars from the posters:

Jackson Storm was cool... and not just because I was in the picture:

One of the workers said these life size Cars were worth $1 million each - I have no way to verify that.

I liked Dinoco Cruz:

and my buddy Lightning McQueen:

At the Cars 2 event in 2011 they took our pictures using their cameras... this year photos were taken using our choice of cell phone or camera... one picture taking device per group... and I might have been the only one without a child or grandchild with me.

More of my pictures:

Now I know why there was a Coppertone Cars 3 display at Walgreens and maybe other stores... Coppertone helped sponsor this:

Jackson Storm is cool... Did I already mention that?

And I like Dinoco Cruz Ramirez a lot:

I have no artistic talent so I didn't do the street art:

Another view of the theater trailer:

Nice Cars in the display case:

The good news is I found an end cap at 1 of 3 Target stores... the bad news is it only had case A singles - I wanted to find case M.

1 of 6 Meijer stores had 15 of the Meijer exclusive Pop! Vinyl Primer McQueen!

I found Todd at 4 of 6 Walgreens stores:

along with Caramel M&Ms:

I wore my Cars 10th Anniversary shirt for the first time:

Clutch Foster was a Meijer find... got the other 3 at the only Toys R US I stopped at:

Todd-terrific finds from 4 of 6 Walgreens stores:

I had a great time... the sneak peek from the movie was excellent... I can't wait to go see Cars 3!

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom
Working...
X