Mini Racers Checklist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam,
    I wonder if it would be worthwhile to mention the Advent Calendars as a source for the Mini Racers as well...( I show photos of 3 that feature Mattel Metal Mini Racers). If leaked photos at Take5ADay come to fruition, we will have 5 new mini racers released with this 2020 Advent Calendar. This is a Mini-Racer Checklist, so I wouldn't bother with all of the other Advent Calendar stuff that didn't actually feature mini-racers, just the 3 that do.

Other than that, there really are not that many metal mini-racer playsets....
    There are the 3 Launchers for LMQ, Storm & Cruz. Then there were the race tracks: Crank & Crash Derby, Rollin' Raceway, and Rust-Eze Spinning Raceway.
    There was a Thomasville spiral race track shown on the Internet, but I've never seen it anywhere. Don't think it ever went into production.

Comment

Originally posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
      Sam,
      I wonder if it would be worthwhile to mention the Advent Calendars as a source for the Mini Racers as well...( I show photos of 3 that feature Mattel Metal Mini Racers). If leaked photos at Take5ADay come to fruition, we will have 5 new mini racers released with this 2020 Advent Calendar. This is a Mini-Racer Checklist, so I wouldn't bother with all of the other Advent Calendar stuff that didn't actually feature mini-racers, just the 3 that do.

Other than that, there really are not that many metal mini-racer playsets....
      There are the 3 Launchers for LMQ, Storm & Cruz. Then there were the race tracks: Crank & Crash Derby, Rollin' Raceway, and Rust-Eze Spinning Raceway.
      There was a Thomasville spiral race track shown on the Internet, but I've never seen it anywhere. Don't think it ever went into production.
      I don't know if I'll ever add that to the list.

Comment

Hope we see a blindbox case E (Series 5) soon. Lots of spy shots for Mini-racers, but they aren't appearing...
        Chase RaceAlot, George NewWin, LMQ CrusinRaceCar, SaludosAmigos Ramone,...

RoadTrip Ramone and Steve Slick LaPage are starting to show up in Canada at Toys-R-Us as special 10-packs. (I know.. alot of duplicates to own to obtain those 2 cars).

We might be in for a #PixarCarsMiniRacers drought this summer here in the USA.
        Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 04-20-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

We just got word of the latest Mini Racers Blind Box Case E! (purple boxes).
          Was hoping to see some of the above mentioned cars.... However, there were some awesome surprises:

I've been on a personal campaign to get a Junior Moon Mini-Racer made...... and well read below.

Drum Roll for the 6 cars not previously released anywhere:

HeyDay Junior Moon. (has his #11 on it)
          Artist Ramone (cars 2 Green geometric version...)
          Rex Revler Gask-Its StockCar
          Buck Bearingly ViewZeen StockCar
          J.D. McPillar TowCap NexGen
          Metallic Miss Fritter (similar to previously released Golden Miss Fritter)

There are a few others that were almost impossible to find before as they were part of big multi-packs:

HJHollis N2OCola NexGen (previously only a limited release 15pack)
          Strip 'The King' Weathers (he was so hard to find early on... now he's everywhere... so much so that I'm going to do crew chief and bad wreck versions).

Nice to include Brucke Miller RPM StockCar, Rick Yardley Vitroline StockCar, Sheldon Shifter SputterStop NexGen, Harvey RodCap Easy Idle NexGen.

And wait for it:
          ZERO Maters, ZERO Sheriffs, ZERO JacksonStorms

Of course, now we need a Mini Racers Blind Box F for the still missing in action cars. Unless they show up in 3-packs and 10-packs of sorts..

So, I've never ordered an entire case before...... but I just did... can't wait to receive these guys.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 05-20-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you for adding the details of case E, FischAutoTechGarten! It's a good case - I've split the last 2 cases with a friend from Europe... to split case E properly we're going to have to order and additional Gold Miss Fritter so both of us get one.

And last night, I went to Kroger looking for Zinc tablets and something I could grill for dinner... no Zinc... found 2 ribeye steaks on sale... and I saw, for the first time ever, a case of Series 2 mini racers in the blue boxes... no new mini racers in that case so I did not buy any.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Updated,
              So, I already have the original Golden Miss Fritter with the proper Gold pipes; I can't get too excited about this Metallic Fritter Variant with recycled gray pipes from the Muddy Fritter, body form Golden Miss Fritter, and different wheels. This one seems like a compromise.... Remember they had a normal Yellow Miss Fritter (not Gold, not Muddy) with silver/black wheels (not gold, not brown) that was part of an Amazon 10-pack that got cancelled. (I know I had it on back order forever). That's one I would have liked to have seen offered.

SilverLMQNonMuddyFritter10Pack.png

Confirmed... this new one is called Metallic Miss Fritter. It will be interesting when I have them both in hand, I could see some folks combining muddy miss fritter and this new metallic miss fritter and making a plain yellow miss fritter with silver/black wheels and silver pipes..

I have a tracking number on my package and it will probably arrive on Monday. When it does.. I will update this exact post with a picture of all 3 of them together..

Miss Fritters.jpg
              Regarding my case... yeah, I'll sell the duplicates off really cheap...

(I might keep a spare Junior Moon... toying with the idea of making an Eli Turnpike as it's the same Ford... but maybe now that Mattel has this mold, they could make an Eli Turnpike as it would just be other tires and a repaint .. Of course I always thought the same with River Scott.. that with a dremel kit and a solder gun you could make some convincing FloydMorgans, DukeCoultiers and cleaned up RiverScott cars. Modding mini-racers... yeah...I don't need yet another hobby... LOL).
              Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 05-20-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Updated:
                For reference.. Muddy Miss Fritter is stamped M09 on the bottom.... original Golden Miss Fritter is stamped M29 on the bottom... This new one is stamped N11... but so is Junior Moon, so I don't guess that means anything... Maybe it's a form of serial number for lot/production.
                Sure it is. Most Mattel products use that nomenclature nowadays. First letter is the year, and the other two numbers, indicate year's week, In the above code, N11 is 2020, week 11 (that is about mid of March). M bases are from 2019, L is 2018, etc.

Regarding my case... yeah, I'll sell the duplicates off really cheap...
                As eBay has blocked international sales to many countries (due USPS issues), can you let me know which ones do you have available to see if we can work somehing out ?

Thanks in advance and happy collecting!

Comment

Welcome, rrudophu2! Thank you for contacting me via Facebook so I could update your PCD website status so you could post.

And the A indicates the factory in Thailand - several years ago they had 2: A1 and A2.

China factories were EA, EAA, EAB, etc.

The Vietnam factory is identified by the letters SD

In China and Vietnam, the production codes start with a 3 digit number which corresponds to the day of the year followed by a single digit for the year (no real way to tell between 2008 and 2018) followed by the factory code... I'm probably going to order a case of the Series 5 (case E) minis come payday Friday... I'll be ordering an additional Gold Miss Fritter to split with a friend in Europe... and due to USPS international shipping delays, the next package I send to a friend in the UK will go DHL or FedEx and not USPS.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Chris.
                    About the codes, I think you are refering to Case Codes and not Base Codes.

Last week I got a D case (or Series 1 or Wave A) and the case code was the one in the picture, but base codes are M46 thru M48.

20200513_135019.jpg 20200513_173205.jpg 20200513_173243.jpg 20200513_173306.jpg

Hope it helps.

Last edited by rrudolphu2; 05-13-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• I've had the 2018 and 2019 Advent Calendars sitting around full of 10 cars I already have... I opened them up. Kept the non-car goodies (flags, toolboxes, etc) and pulled the cars to sell on Ebay.

I had a look at Danny Swervez from my 2019 Advent Calendar and he is a bit different. Same molds, same country of origin... but definitely different. I'm posting a photo of Multipack Danny Swervez, Advent Calandar Danny Swervez, and Metallic Danny Swervez to show you all. I don't get excited over variants, but this is somewhat significant.

Multipack Danny Swervez on the left, Advant Calendar Danny Swervez in the center, and Metallic Danny Swervez on the right. I think the second picture really illustrates the differences.... Again the metallic car is just there for additonal comparison...

DannySwervezVariation.jpg DannySwervezVariations2.jpg

Comment

• Updated 05/18/2020 with Series 5 boxes

Comment

• Received the Cozy Cone and Willy's Butte Racer Series 3-Packs that featured Radiator Springs LMQ and ˇSaludos Amigos! Ramone. Opened up right away.. I never save packaging, so this is a rare shot.

Comment

• Great additions and photos, FischAutoTechGarten! Thank you for sharing - Get Me Collectibles got in the new 3 packs and more of case E mini racers - I ordered a case of each yesterday as well as an additional Metallic Miss Fritter - more to add to the package for my friend in Germany... Looking forward to them arriving hopefully next week.

Thank you for updating the checklist again, SamB2003! I appreciate your efforts.

I've been quiet the last week or so - PC problems at home... working on getting a new system up and running and figuring out how to copy over the data that I need.

Comment

• I had someone with whom to split the BlindBox Case E (Series 5), but they didn't have the means at the moment. Hence, I'm trying to move them on Ebay. It's work. You compete only on price as others have their merchandise listed a week before you have received yours. Feels weird listing cars right beside Eli, whom I enjoy purchasing from very much! Might just close some of the individual listings and combine a few remaining new releases as a package deal..

I will not buy a whole case again, unless I'm definitely sure that I'm going to be able to split it with someone. It's allot of money to spend when you really only need 6 of the 36 cars. However, when those 10-packs with Steve Slick Lapage and RoadTrip Ramone arrive, It will be hard to resist buying them, even though I will only need 2 of the 20 cars they contain. Why do we do this to ourselves! Jaja!

Yeah, Sam's list is great! I love this thread!
                              Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 05-30-2020, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Thought I had every mini-racer except the Available in Canda Steve Slick Lapage and RoadTrip Ramone. However, I've spotted spy shots and reveals of a few more... which brings us to 12 new upcoming Mini-Racers or 14 that I need. I will show 9 in this post and the others will follow (I'm limited to 5 fotos per posts).:

5 new Ice Racers from Advent Calendar 2020, LMQ, DinocoCruz, HJHollis, JacksonStorm and Mater
                                4 recently shown together cars. Brian Sparks Leak Less, Franceso Bernoulli Cars2 WGP, Flip Dover Intersection NextGen, JimReverick Carbon Cyber NexGen

Comment

Working...
                                X