The Cars dry spell may be ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cars dry spell may be ending

I drove through Indianapolis today on my way to a conference in southern Indiana... I stopped at Walmart, Target, Toys R Us and Kmart stores... nothing new... I stopped at a Justice store and 2 TJ Maxx stores because friends had found new Cars at those stores... nothing worthwhile...

I stopped at a Kohl's store and found the singles case with Shu and Miguel...

Miguel Camino single:

Shu Todoriki single:

I stopped at another Kohl's store and found more of the singles and something that I didn't know was coming... new launchers!

Francesco Bernoulli:

Raoul Caroule:

Here's the back of the Raoul Caroule cardback:

I think the new case is 2 Francesco, 2 Miguel, 1 Raoul, and 1 Lewis - those were the 6 new launchers - the rest were the same 4 from May...

And I found these at a Big Lots store... with more from sodabear on the way:

I'll add better photos when I can use my camera.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Well tomorrow is the last day of September, I think. Just like August, I only found one new car in the stores: Metallic Nigel Gearsley. The good thing is because of some wonderful trading partners out there, I was able to aquire the Pope, the Popemobile, and Carlo Maserati. October is already looking to be good with 7 rubber tire cars. Too bad these are all cars we already have with plastic tires. Hopefully we will get another metallic WGP car from Toys R Us too. If Mattel was smart, they will put some more new cars out near the end of October and beginning of November to capitalize on the DVD release of Cars 2.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Nice scores B-Jack. I thought about splitting a case of those Megas, but to me one of the best things about Cars collecting is that moment, after however many fruitless trips, that you find something new on the peg--and I didn't want to sacrifice that moment to get the cars a little early. Not to mention that you couldn't pay me to take another Sub Finn aboard.

Comment

i love the miguel diecast.

Comment

Miguel is both my sons' favorite car right now.

Comment

Awesome finds Chris

Comment

Thanks, Paul, and others...

I thought I'd add a little bit... as a few of you have mentioned, it's been slim pickings in stores the last 3 months... I too have had to rely on friends (lovemini, lovely, sodabear, cvc1968) for new Cars that they found in stores or through other contacts... Here's a summary of what I've found in stores the last 3 months...

Kmart: Collector Event 6 on June 25... since then, 1 Deluxe Pinion Tanaka (after getting 2 from Belgium and 2 from Canada) and a few Carla/Crew Chief and McQueen/Fillmore 2 packs - I had to go 50 to 120 miles away from home to find the crew chief 2 packs as the local one is loaded with Tomber and Zen Master Pitty 2 packs... The Pit Crew Mater exclusive single is a pegwarmer and at a price of $7.99 it's going to stay that way.

Toys R Us: Metallic Paint Jeff Gorvette and Nigel Gearsley... I could have bought the 10 pack but didn't... I did get 1 Miguel Camino launcher for cvc1968... I did get a few Miles Axelrod and Petrov Trunkov singles in early June.

Target: I bought the only Lewis Hamilton and Miguel Camino launchers that I found - one time only... I could have bought the new 7 pack with Frank Clutchenson at 2 stores but did not.

Meijer: I bought the 1:55 pullback Raoul Caroule because it was there and I needed my new Car fix.

Walmart: I saw but did not buy the Max Schnell single yesterday at 2 of 6 stores... I bought a few of the exclusive 2 packs and a Stephenson the Spy Train... I did get a few Miles Axelrod and Petrov Trunkov singles in June... some of the Walmart stores now are no longer carrying the launchers.

Kohl's: Before finding the Miguel and Shu singles and the Francesco and Raoul launchers in Indianapolis on Thursday, I hadn't bought any Cars merchandise from any Kohl's since early May (Kohl's put Cars2 merchandise out early).

Family Dollar: they put the singles out 4 weeks early, in time for Easter... they've not had Cars since...

I hope we'll see more new stock in stores in mid to late October as the movie comes out on November 1... and the Kmart Collector Event is 3 weeks from today, October 22.

I actually bought the new Transformers Blu-ray/DVD combo pack today; we'll watch it later today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
              X