Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridemakerz NLA?

Hi All!

It's my first post so excuse just jumping in like this, I'm an avid modeller and collector and have just got into Cars thanks to my son, who seems to have them both on repeat endlessly.......

Anyway, when in London last week I saw the Ridemakerz products in the Disney store and spent a fortune getting a decent selection but as we'd travelled up on the train I couldn't get too much, having never seen it before I asked the guy there how common the bits are and he said I could get it in any Disney Store or Toys R Us.

When I got home I tried to order some more bits (specifically the matte black Mater "Stealth" body) but the Disney Store online shop has none, the Toys R Us online shop only has the full kits of Lightning and Finn and no accessories, I've tried my local branch of both stores but they've never even heard of the Ridemakerz line.

I've tried Amazon and eBay but still no luck!

Are they giving up on Ridemakerz?

I'd really love to get even just this body:
    0003_MaterStealth525309.jpg

Any and all help appreciated.

Alex

Hi Alex.
    I found this problem too.
    TRU only keep the basic sets and no accessories as separates.
    Probably the same with Disney Store UK
    It's mainly an american thing with whole stores dedicated to Ridemakerz.
    There is another thread on here with more info.
    Here>
    http://www.disneycars.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=3057
    I have seen parts on ebay but in the US.
    There will be others on this site who can help i'm sure.
    Last edited by pirelliboy; 02-04-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hello Alex,

Welcome to the board...

Toys R US stores in the US (as well as the US website) have a few accessories of the basic Ridemakerz items... I've not seen the Stealth Mater there... If I remember right, the more advanced Ridemakerz (some may have lights and sounds technology) are sold at another store... it might have been the Disney Store... the Disney Store nearest me is in Indianapolis - with the Super Bowl this weekend I'm not about to head anywhere near Indy... I don't remember seeing any Ridemakerz at the Indy Disney Store when I went back in December.

You might check out the Ridemakerz.com website... I see a photo of the Stealth Mater there and it looks like they have some other Cars as well.

Update: I found that there are 4 RideMarkerz stores in the US... Anaheim (California), Branson (Missouri), Lake Buena Vista (Florida), and Myrtle Beach (South Carolina)... none of them are close to me... there's an outside chance I'll go to California this summer to visit my parents and go to Disney Land and the new Cars Land which is set to open this summer.
      Last edited by cac1959; 02-04-2012, 12:33 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't decide what to do so rang Disney UK this morning to clarify. It turns out that only a few of the Disney Stores in the UK (the larger stores, which apparently you can identify by the glitter tiled flooring!) stock any of the Ridemakerz range, and these are the Lightning McQueen Cars RustEeze Livery, and the Francesco kits, both of which are £37

The Oxford Street, London store (where I got mine) has the only Ridemakerz accessories and it's currently selling that off cheap (which ties in with the prices I paid last week) and once the stock is gone then Disney UK won't be buying any more. The store won't do "mail order" nor can they reserve stock (I won't be going to London for a few weeks) and Disney UK won't sell any stock it holds direct either.

Toys R Us also confirmed they only have the Lightning/Francesco kits, although they are slightly cheaper than Disney at £24 each.

So it seems I'm going to be stuck trawling eBay US for bits people are selling

It's a real shame as I didn't buy all the bits I wanted simply because I couldn't carry them all and now I feel I've rather lost out

Alex

Comment

Working...
        X