Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing in Action - where are they, Mattel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wintermelon
    replied
    no longer will be missing in action 2015???

a) Lewis Hamilton Crew Chief
    b) Red Honda Shu Todoroki Fan

http://i2.wp.com/screencaps.us/201/1...4451.jpg?w=200

It is something like the red honda on left but holding a japan flag

Leave a comment:

• meg0n00by
    replied
    There are unreleased MINI ADVENTURES Cars Packs: Dinoco 5-Pack: Mia and Tia:

And the Highway 66 4-Pack (Boost, Wingo, DJ and Snot Rod are already released in separate two packs.

The unreleased models in the Lightning McQueen display at the Peterson Automobile Museum are Bernie Caliper and Daredevil McQueen with Flames. Tokyo Mater with Ransburg finish has his spoiler removed for displaying purposes.
    Last edited by meg0n00by; 12-11-2014, 01:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fillmore1234
    replied
    ^ Well that's a few months too late! Would have been nice if a new Tokyo Mater Toon would get released in the line. I'd love to see Tansou or Sanban.

However, it's still nice that Ito San finally made a reappearance. I'll be looking out for him but will probably buy no more than one.

Leave a comment:

• cuseoscar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cuseoscar
    replied
    Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
    Cool. Toons galore. Looking forward to 2015. Where did case C with Ito San go though?
    Someone in Cali posted that he found him today. Pics were included.

Leave a comment:

• meg0n00by
    replied
    Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    How can you be certain meg0n00by?? Did you see or read it somewhere?
    I read it somewhere on World of Cars: database of cars produced by Mattel Disney Pixar Cars.

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    How can you be certain meg0n00by?? Did you see or read it somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Raginpage
    replied
    Cool. Toons galore. Looking forward to 2015. Where did case C with Ito San go though?

Leave a comment:

• meg0n00by
    replied
    Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
    Did you write the last sentence? If I'm reading this right Kabuto w flames will actually be released?
    Unfortunately, this never happened.
    Last edited by meg0n00by; 01-30-2015, 12:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Raginpage
    replied
    Did you write the last sentence? If I'm reading this right Kabuto w flames will actually be released?

Leave a comment:

• meg0n00by
    replied
    From the 2009 Collectors Guide:

Kori Turbowitz is released as a single in 2015.

Timothy Twostroke was released as a single in 2014.

High 'n' Low Ramone (Hydraulic Ramone) was released as a Cars 2 single.

From the 2010 Collectors Guide:

Kabuto with Flames was listed as a eBay item, but it was sold out and it never actually happened to be released again.
    Last edited by meg0n00by; 01-30-2015, 12:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I have a couple of those items... but as a long time collector I'd like to see more.

The N2O Cola and Easy Idle Team Crew sets (3 pittys and crew chief) were actually listed for sale on the Target website for several weeks but were not available for shipping... I used to think (hope) that there were thousands of each boxed team crew set in a warehouse somewhere but when Target canceled the product line no other retailer picked it up... the 4th Easy Idle pitty, along with the Easy Idle cab led me to think that we'd see an Easy Idle Hauler/Pitty/Racer set next, but sadly that never happened either.

Hindsight is 20-20... I wish Mattel would NOT have done a direct cutover from Cars to Cars2... I think the Cars2 toys could have been more successful if Mattel had continued with Cars distribution... so many of my friends and trading partners from 2007 to 2011 gave up on collecting because Mattel didn't finish Cars product lines that they started... Does Mattel wish they could do it over? I doubt it... they seem to be concerned with the "now" as opposed long-term future... they don't care about collectors, only the money in our wallets... if I won't spend $100 on Cars then there are 10 people who will spend $10 each... Mattel still has their $100.

And a reminder to all... please be sure to have permission when posting photos that are not yours... and give credit to sources.

Leave a comment:

• djjd21
    replied
    the launcher has had a release,there is only 2 variations of it,one with Francesco and one with lightning McQueen.

Leave a comment:

• iopl3887
    replied
    Originally posted by meg0n00by View Post
    Brent Mustangberger with Headset (Lights & Sounds) was confirmed along with Security Guard Finn McMissile (from the Character Encyclopedia) but they were never released.
    Vladimir Trunkov with Boot was initially featured on a Mattel Cars 2 Website, but was released as a normal version instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4313[/ATTACH]

This N2O Cola Cab was never released along with Gasprin and Easy Idle.

These pictures features the Easy Idle pitties with Crew Chief and the N2O Cola pitties before it was going to be released into Pit Crews, but was never released.

These pictures shows Metallic Mini and Lenticular Luigi Ferrari Fan

This is some sort of launcher, but this design is confusing!

That's all I can find!
    That launcher I believe is Cac's.

Leave a comment:

• meg0n00by
    replied
    Brent Mustangberger with Headset (Lights & Sounds) was confirmed along with Security Guard Finn McMissile (from the Character Encyclopedia) but they were never released.
    Vladimir Trunkov with Boot was initially featured on a Mattel Cars 2 Website, but was released as a normal version instead.

Vladimir.png

This N2O Cola Cab was never released along with Gasprin and Easy Idle.

These pictures features the Easy Idle pitties with Crew Chief and the N2O Cola pitties before it was going to be released into Pit Crews, but was never released.

These pictures shows Metallic Mini and Lenticular Luigi Ferrari Fan

This is some sort of launcher, but this design is confusing!

That's all I can find!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X