Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing in Action - where are they, Mattel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meg0n00by
    replied
    http://holadaisy.com/cars2playsets.html

This sites shows the concept art of Quick Changers Crabby from Cars 2 in which he was launched in Fall 2012. This shows the diagram of 1:55 Finn McMissile hiding inside the secret compartment. There is another concept art about the Andy Gearsdale playset where Mater would be launched inside the truck. It was confirmed to be a Toys "R" Us exclusive for the Action Agents lineup, but it was unreleased.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
    Can't forget about Sgt. Highgear. He was supposed to be released back in 2012 as well but thanks to Mattel's great distribution that year it never happened.

Andy Gearsdale was supposed to be a Cars 2 Deluxe release btw. The Australian Mattel Cars 2 website showed both of them along with odd Singles releases that never happened like the old version WGP Security Van and Yokoza.
    Between the DS Highgear and the Mattel version in civvies (Maurice Wheelks), at least there's very decent options there. There's nothing even remotely close to Andy.

Leave a comment:

• Fillmore1234
    replied
    Can't forget about Sgt. Highgear. He was supposed to be released back in 2012 as well but thanks to Mattel's great distribution that year it never happened.

Andy Gearsdale was supposed to be a Cars 2 Deluxe release btw. The Australian Mattel Cars 2 website showed both of them along with odd Singles releases that never happened like the old version WGP Security Van and Yokoza.

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    Lovemini has the factory sample of him, so he was close to production at one time. But there are several examples of samples that made it out the backdoor. And never made it to retail.

Leave a comment:

• J Las
    replied
    That character look really cool, Enzo!

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    Another to add to the MIA list...

I know Corp Kim was released (not that we saw the Toons over here but..) but whatever the hell happened to Andy Gearsdale???

Leave a comment:

• lavictdoukarai
    replied
    wow...great topic! wow, what's this Timothy! As i am a newbie collector, i ve missed all cars 1 diecast...and my knowledge on cars 1 is....very limited...close to zero! Thanks chris!
    I need this collector guide! :P

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    Nice run down Chris!
    By the way when they get to a single release of Kori Turbowitz. Make sure to put mirrors on her this time like she's shown in that pic. So far no release of Kori has side\wing mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• CarsDiecast08
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your moderfied Mater, Junior...

Timothy Twostroke as released at retail in the Target 9 pack and the 2014 single is different than the one shown in the first post.
    the one in the picture never looked like Timothy anyways then what came out.. whether they scrapped it or are holding it until they figure out maybe another "character" to call him, who knows

Leave a comment:

• CarsDiecast08
    replied
    knowing this only ticks me off over Mattel more. They have a lot to finish up on (the haulers, pitties, crew chiefs) and seem to have a lot more to start with! I enjoy collecting but not afraid to say I despise Mattel with a passion over how they handle the cars production

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing your moderfied Mater, Junior...

Timothy Twostroke as released at retail in the Target 9 pack and the 2014 single is different than the one shown in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• Junior
    replied
    im in the middle of making a custom Modefied mater - good fun - will post the results if you promise not to laugh lol

Leave a comment:

• Clearysdad19
    replied
    I would like to add some of these to my collection

Leave a comment:

• sunnetchan
    replied
    Wow Chris, you are really an expert!! I would love to see these missing cars released too.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Thanks for the comments, friends... I'd heard that Mattel might start releasing Cars, Cars2, and Cars Toon items under the "Cars" label as well, bobbyjack... but if I remember right it was supposed to happen before Christmas 2011...

The Mater with Cone Teeth was Deluxe Car #22 on the hi-res poster on the www.carstoys.co.uk website... I'm trying to remember if that same online poster was also released as a printed poster... I have saved a .PDF copy of the poster.

I don't recall seeing a prototype of Moderfied Mater - there are only a few Cars from the Tokyo Mater Tall Tale that have not been released... I think we're more likely to see the Mater Cars than some of the others.

And I'm not sure why I posted this here instead of in the Articles section of the board...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X