X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cac1959
    started a topic Production Codes of Mattel Cars

Production Codes of Mattel Cars

Here's a thread containing production dates of the various promo Cars...

Faux Wheel Drive:

Sidewall Shine:

N2O Cola:

Gask-Its:

Blu-ray McQueen:

These are the dates of the ones that I have that are opened... I have more of the N2O Cola and Sidewall Shine promo Cars but they are in sealed baggies in the TRU display cases with solid black bottoms.

If you have any promo Cars with other dates, please post in this thread and I'll update the list.

Many thanks.

• Sapfir
    replied
    Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Mattel don't use some letters as they are similar to some numbers or other letters.

I = 1 (one)
    O = 0 (zero)

Although Q can look like O, it is reserved for special cases. There was a special assortment a couple of years ago, which had 'Q'.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Mattel don't use some letters as they are similar to some numbers or other letters.

I = 1 (one)
    O = 0 (zero)

Although Q can look like O, it is reserved for special cases. There was a special assortment a couple of years ago, which had 'Q'.

Leave a comment:

• Sapfir
    replied
    OK. But why 2021 is "P', not "Q", if 2022 is "R"? How to understand which year which letter corresponds to?

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    You are correct.

R = 2022 (P = 2021 etc).
    40 = the week of production (of packing as shown on the card). The actual week the car production is shown on the bottom of the car.
    A = I'm guessing the factory or production line?

E.g. Racing Centre Cruz Ramirez (Metallic Gold) shows R40A on the card and R38A stamped on the bottom.

Hot Wheels singles, although they are manufactured in Malaysia, have similar codes (without the 'A' suffix).

Leave a comment:

• Sapfir
    replied
    Hello to all!
    Who knows how read Mattel production codes on the cars from Thailand factory? In my opinion the letter - is code of the year. But what letter indicate what year? The digital number - is the number of week, right?

Leave a comment:

• BertieRichards
    replied
    Thanks for contributing the thread which contains production dates of the various promo Cars. It's impeccable!

Leave a comment:

• djjd21
    replied
    Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    I have dissected a few Dexters from the 2013 series and they all have plastic eyes/mouth/bed as well...pretty sure they all do
    If I'm not mistaken there is a difference between the final lap dexter and the current version,something tells me the smile is different,but I'm not 100% sure

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Originally posted by iopl3887 View Post
    What is the code for Final Lap Dexter??? I think I got one in my 2014 package cause the eyes / mouth / bed of the truck are plastic.
    I have dissected a few Dexters from the 2013 series and they all have plastic eyes/mouth/bed as well...pretty sure they all do

Leave a comment:

• ksammut
    replied
    Mine says: 2649 EAB.

Leave a comment:

• iopl3887
    replied
    What is the code for Final Lap Dexter??? I think I got one in my 2014 package cause the eyes / mouth / bed of the truck are plastic.

Leave a comment:

• weebo
    replied
    cool thank you

Leave a comment:

• djjd21
    replied
    The first 3 numbers represent the day in which they were made,the last number represents the year.

So if the number reads 1308EA,it was made on the 130 th day of 2008.

Sometimes the numbers can confirm if the car is authentic or not,like the speedway of the south set cars or the promo cars which were only made on certain dates.

Leave a comment:

• weebo
    replied
    can someone explain the numbers to me, do they mean some are rarer than others or something?

Leave a comment:

• wintermelon
    replied
    The Silver Promo McQueen for Europe

0792 EAA - Car Based
    0862 EAA - Card

Leave a comment:

Working...
X