Your biggest disappointment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your biggest disappointment?

We all talk about our favourite cars and which ones we'd most like to have, but we don't really ever talk about our disappointments...

So, out of all the Mattel cars (lets try to restrict this a bit), which one are you most disappointed with and why???

So that's the Haulers, 1:55, Mega Size, Cars, Cars 2, Toons, etc...

I'll go first...

Dispite my son loving Jay Limo and the car looking pretty much like the character from the movie, this was the first car I picked up and questioned whether or not it was a diecast!!! The car is so light and flimsy....

For the price tag I can't see where the money was spent, especially when compared to well built cars such as Fillmore and Sarge who are much heavier...

Comment

1 not buying the playsets casa del tyres, curio shop, ramones, (dont think flos was out in the uk) when they first came out, thought they were a bit expensive at the time and didnt go for them, managed to pick up ramones when woolworths was closing
      there was a dioarma glass cabinet cars display in woolworths, unfortunately it got chucked before I could get to it, I think this was actually the one that got away/biggest disappointment as I was too slow off the mark and should have got it

2 not buying lizzie when she first came out, actually I know this will go against the grain, but I wasnt really fussed on her at the time and still not really bothered by not having her

Comment

Thanks boogity - you've actually answer one of my future planned discussion of "what is your biggest cars regret"

The question I'm asking here is when you've seen / bought any of the Mattel cars products, which one are you most disappointed with and why...

Comment

Rescue squad chopper that came with some cars..said on disney website makes sounds (makes one sound). The sliding door/button is too stiff for a 3 year old to operate so have to help them shoot the car out. also the cars arent as well built eg maters mirrors didnt last five minutes.
          Overall its a good set but could of been more child friendly. We bought it in the sale so was worth the price we paid (under Ł20 i think we got it for)

Have to be honest and say that most the cars stuff has been very good quility. Although the cars 2 diecasts seem more plasticy so bit dissapointing they cost more then the originals.

Comment

I'd say on several occasions I purchased Cars on eBay and then found them cheaper in stores...

As far as a store purchase, I was disappointed with the Target exclusive Charge Ups racers and race track that I purchased on May 16... the Cars are light... my grandson and I got the McQueen and Francesco charged and put them on the track for a race... after 2 laps, Francesco spun and reversed direction... there was a head-on collision... and Francesco doesn't work anymore... The only way to get Francesco is with the track set - $59.99 plus tax.

You charge one Car and put it on the track... by the time you charge another Car, the first one has run out of gas... I bought a second charger... but we don't race... too much work... I'll probably use the race track as a display... the Kmart rubber tire racers hold their position quite nicely; the plastic tire racers drop to the inside of the track.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

youre right mr b, jay limo , what a letdown, had been looking forward to it coming out for ages and when it did it was so small and insignificant, I was expecting the car to be quite large, (I suppose the real mr limo must be a wee guy)
              never bought it

Comment

McQueen Alive was our biggest dissapointment. The one we opened on Christmas didn't work at all. The one we exchanged it for worked, but getting it to go into the third mode is very difficult. Because of that, my kids got bored with it pretty fast. Don't think we have even played with it since about January.
                Last edited by bobbyjack; 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I bought a McQueen Alive almost 2 months ago but haven't opened it yet...

I'd saw my biggest disappointment though is Mattel starting product lines and not finishing them:

Haulers
                  Team Crew sets (crew chief and 3 pittys)
                  Piston Cup racer Launchers (not a huge issue for me now that I have the customs)
                  Team sets with hauler, racer, and pitty (this was the only way to get Bumper Save hauler)
                  Mini Piston Cup racers
                  Mini Piston Cup haulers
                  unreleased Radiator Springs Playsets - the first 4 (Flo's V8 Cafe, Curio Shop, Casa Della Tires, Ramone's) were great - what happened to the Cozy Cone, Doc's, the Courthouse (etc.)...

Deluxe Cars that were not released on a wide-scale basis...

General Cars2 distribution

Sigh...

I think I need to be concentrating on the good Cars that I do have and not be dwelling on what I don't have.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My first 3 Cars 2 cars come to mind- McQueen, Finn, and Francesco. They were just so cheap and plastickey, and knowing that this would be par for the course with upcoming releases was just heartbreaking.

Comment

Although Ive brought nearly all the cars 2 line comparing them to the original Cars they just dont look as good, for instance the original cars Ramone (any variation) had the door lines and overall looked a better quality of diecast, the radiator springs ramone just looks like it was knocked up from an old mould that hadnt been finished, shame on you Mattel, if things are only getting worse god knows what the future cars line will look like. Lets hope the Kmart day cars are not just metal with a shiny coating just to save on cost lol

Comment

I agree, Jay Limo is a loser.

Octain Gain Semi. Come on! It wasn't even in the movie, and you make 1000 for every store?

Comment

Wow, erm probably cant think of a single disappointment but would probably say my main one is the 'plasticy easy to break' cars from cars 2, this is the reason I am just not that into them!

Comment

Working...
                          X