Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Tom
    replied
    I did have the only known carded Muggsy Liftsome for a few months this summer, until everyone else got theirs.
    Rarest legit car is probably the Petrov Oilski 3-Car gift set from Kohl's. I have never seen or heard of another.
    Rarest back-door/customs are chrome plated Kabuto with flames, gold-chrome plated The King, chrome plated LMQ, Motorama LMQ and unpainted Gasprin body probably.

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Didnt JMDL give one of these away not too long ago in a contest??

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
    Never heard of this one - please explain more. Was this an international release and how many were produced?
    Pretty sure they were factory samples. These are made to show the finished product to department heads. A prototype is much rougher. Usually without decals, and any plastic is a raw plastic color, green or pink or blue. But I think the Trunk Fresh in question was an early sample. As for numbers, It's only a guess but I say a sample run isn't more than 20 Cars. Enough to cover quality loss and get one to each executive who needs to green light the run. First time I saw this Car was 2010 in Las Vegas. pitstop had one in his vast prototype & sample collection.

Leave a comment:

• tachomint101
    replied
    This has never been released. I picked it up from UK ebay a couple of years ago. It does have a stamp EA2777 underneath. I don't know much about it to be honest so I could not give any facts on its origin or how many were made. I can only guess its a prototype or pre-run on the SOTS before it was changed to the standard yellow hood version.

Leave a comment:

• PopeMobile
    replied
    Originally posted by tachomint101 View Post
    Probably my black hood Trunk Fresh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3791[/ATTACH]
    Never heard of this one - please explain more. Was this an international release and how many were produced?

Leave a comment:

• RBCars77
    replied
    My rarest cars are probably the Surfin' John Lassetire, all Deluxes that were unlimited, Luigi and Guido w/ Paint Tools, Story Tellers, and the all 9 Super Chases.

Last edited by RBCars77; 02-17-2014, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e.davies1
    replied
    I don't know much more about that, but the prototype set I got has the yellow on the hood.

Leave a comment:

• tachomint101
    replied
    As far as I am aware it was in a pre-run of the SOTS but they changed it before the main sets came out but I am not sure. Perhaps someone else might be able to shed some light on it?

Leave a comment:

• djjd21
    replied
    Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
    Is that an error or something?
    if I'm not mistaken it's a prototype made on the same day as the cars from speedway of the south set.

Leave a comment:

• carscrazy
    replied

Is that an error or something?

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied
    cheers carslover, trade you for a couple of francesco's!!
    lol lol

Leave a comment:

• tachomint101
    replied
    Cheers Carslover, trade you for a couple of Francesco's!!

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied

nice that is a hard car to find

Leave a comment:

• tachomint101
    replied

SAM_7739.jpg