One piece versus two piece Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One piece versus two piece Cars

Many of the original release Cars2 Cars were 2 piece body - there was a separate "mouth" piece made of plastic that allowed Mattel to easily change the facial expression of a Car to create a variant... early examples of Lightning McQueen come to mind.

3 Lightning McQueen Cars2 Cars:

Here's a Lightning McQueen with Travel Wheels:

Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels (#3) was later released as a one piece version:

The Ka-Ciao Lightning McQueen is a one piece body:

Most of the Kmart 8 racers are one piece bodies:
    Carla Veloso:

Francesco:

Shu:

Lightning McQueen:

Jeff Gorvette:

Raoul Caroule is a 2 piece body; it's the only Kmart 8 racer not a one piece body:

The regular Jeff Gorvette is now out as a one piece body - some of the Radiator Springs Race 7 packs feature a two piece Jeff and some feature a one piece Jeff... Some of the new Jeff Gorvette singles feature a one piece body:

Here's the one piece Jeff single with the two piece version in the Radiator Springs Race 7 pack:

Here's a two piece Jeff Gorvette from an early Target 4 pack:

Hopefully we'll see more Cars coming out with the one piece body - they are better made, in my opinion.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

not sure if it's my eyes or not,but have you noticed there is a slight colour difference to the new one piece jeff as opposed to the previous versions.
    the one i purchased yesterday certainly seems a little different to the other packaged ones i have.it looks like the colour is not as deep as the original.
    i tried taking some photos but it's really difficult to see in the pics.i'm going to take some more in a bit under better lighting conditions to see if i can highlight the difference.
    i seen it right away when i opened the case and was looking at the back of the car,but it may be just me.

Comment

Here are some photos of Jeff Gorvette - I went ahead and opened the one piece single, hoping I can find another one to keep carded...

The Jeff on the display stand bottom is a backdoor version I got 2 months before Cars2 items were released...

I definitely see some differences in this photo:

And this one too...

I have the launcher to take photos of as well, but for now, I'm off for a pint...

And no, it's not what you're thinking... I'm going to the blood center to donate a pint of blood; my doctor has given me permission to donate again... If you're eligible to give blood, I encourage you to do so.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

well done to you
        i also give blood as from when i found out i have quite a rare blood group.

Comment

While I agree the one piecers are better made all these variants are just ticking me off these days. While getting a Miguel that's all one piece would be nice I'd rather have a whole new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
            While I agree the one piecers are better made all these variants are just ticking me off these days. While getting a Miguel that's all one piece would be nice I'd rather have a whole new car.
            here here...

Comment

Carla Veloso is now out with a one piece body... time to start paying attention to the World Grand Prix racers...

Comment

Something makes me both want and not want to re-collect all the Racers with 1 Piece. It would look a heck of a lot nicer but I'm still thinking about it. I did buy the 1 piece McQueen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                  Something makes me both want and not want to re-collect all the Racers with 1 Piece. It would look a heck of a lot nicer but I'm still thinking about it. I did buy the 1 piece McQueen though.
                  I know what you mean, Fillmore1234... I bought McQueen first time I saw it... it looks better, in my opinion... and I needed to buy a new Car - was going through withdrawal without new Cars to buy.

I expect I'll buy the one piece versions for the display cases... and use the two piece versions for play.

And in case anyone was wondering, the two piece Jeff Gorvette racer weighs 1.4 ounces... the one piece Jeff Gorvette racer weighs 1.5 ounces... there's a little more metal in the one piece version... haven't weighed the McQueen yet.

Comment

Fillmore1234, there is a say! you gotta catch em all ! I will collect all the one piece racers. I got a feeling, finn mcmissle and holley might get one piece. I hope they won't end up pumping 5-6 finn mcmissle again in the future case assortment.

Comment

I do say teh one piece look much better. I do have a question about this. Is there a definite way of telling the difference in packaging from a unibody to a 2 piece body? At the stores I'm sure it's easy enough to tell apart just by looking at it, but if I'm buying from ebay, the pictures won't always show me very much.

For example..this Lewis hamilton
                      http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-Pixar-...ht_1263wt_1113

pretty cheap (and also a kmart with rubber tires for the same price). Can anyone tell if its 1piece or 2piece?

My other question comes in the shape of packaging difference. Online on ebay, the front always shows the number and the name (24 Lewis Hamilton). The ones I have been buying just have the number, and teh name is on the back of the card. Difference between editions?

Transformers for Trade
                      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                        I do say teh one piece look much better. I do have a question about this. Is there a definite way of telling the difference in packaging from a unibody to a 2 piece body? At the stores I'm sure it's easy enough to tell apart just by looking at it, but if I'm buying from ebay, the pictures won't always show me very much.

For example..this Lewis hamilton
                        http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-Pixar-...ht_1263wt_1113

pretty cheap (and also a kmart with rubber tires for the same price). Can anyone tell if its 1piece or 2piece?

My other question comes in the shape of packaging difference. Online on ebay, the front always shows the number and the name (24 Lewis Hamilton). The ones I have been buying just have the number, and teh name is on the back of the card. Difference between editions?
                        Based on your questions and seeing that the card is cut (as opposed to the straight edge), that Lewis is a 2 piece...

A card that has only a number on the name tag is an International carded Car... US carded Cars have both the name and number on the front on the name tag.

Other than Kmart 8 Raoul Caroule, the Kmart 8 Silver Series Racers are one piece...

I'll try to take more photos one of these days.

Hope that helps.

Comment

the unibody cars are unique to the new style packaging with the straight cut cards, except for lightning mcqueen with racing wheels #3 which is available in both styles of packaging,from a picture,dependent on the resolution of the camera and angle of the shot i suppose it would be easy to spot jeff and carla ,but lewis is going to be hard to distinguish.

as for the packaging variations,all in all i can think of 11 different cardstyles so far.

1.US 1st wave cars - name on front of card 15/16 error on cardback,angled cut edges on cardback
                          2.US 1st wave cars - name on front of card 16/16 corrected cardback,angled cut edges on cardback
                          3.US 1st wave Clipstrip card - name on front of card,no "j" hook,angled cut edges on cardback
                          4.US 2nd wave singles - name on front of card - random character pictures on rear,angled cut edges on cardback.
                          5.US 3rd wave singles - name on front of card - random character pictures on rear,straight cut edges on cardback
                          6.US 2nd wave clipstrip card - name on front of card,no "j" hook,straight cut edges on cardback
                          7.International 1st wave - Picture on front of card,angled cut edges on cardback,7 languages
                          8.International 2nd wave - Picture on front of card,straight edged cardback,7 languages
                          9.international Canadian 1st wave - picture on front,angled edge cardback,4 languages
                          10.international canadian 2nd wave - picture on front,straight cut cardback,4 languages
                          11.US checklane short card - name on front,smaller height card
                          Last edited by djjd21; 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM. Reason: added checklane shortcard

Comment

Working...
                          X