What are Your Favorite Childhood Toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Your Favorite Childhood Toys

We were watching the Adam Sandler movie "Bedtime Stories" last night on The Disney Channel, and his nephew had the Evel Knievel action figure that rides the motorcycle. It reminded me of some of my other favorite childhood toys (It tried to list these chronologically from about 1972 to 1980):

• Playskool Blocks

• Fisher-Price Little People (Garage, House, Merry-Go-Round, etc.)
    • Fisher-Price Viewmaster
    • Fisher-Price Record Player
    • Lincoln Logs
    • Tinker Toys
    • Kenner Girder & Panel skyscraper construction sets
    • Topps Baseball Cards
    • Evel Knievel action figure with motorcycle and ramps
    • Smash-Up Derby
    • Atari Stunt Cycle
    • Atari 2600
    • Intellivisiom
    • Apple ][+ computer

What were some of yours?

nice! time to reminisce on my childhood lol

GI Joe
    Ninja Turtles
    Micro Machines
    NES
    Intellivision

That's mostly what I can think of off the top of my head lol.

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

^ I loved Micro Machines. And still do! Also, GI Joe.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Star Wars figures
        G.I. Joe
        Transformers
        MASK

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

hornby train set
          corgi and matchbox cars
          subutteo

never got a scalextric till I became a big lad and was able to buy it myself!

Comment

Great topic, John in Missouri...

I had:

Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars (not very many)
            Dice - did dice baseball seasons and dice track meets.

We did have Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys as well.

Once I got to college, I got an Atari 2600 and then an Atari 800 computer.

I tell myself that my Cars collection is making up for lost time for a lost childhood.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Great topic, John in Missouri...

I had:

Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars (not very many)
              Dice - did dice baseball seasons and dice track meets.

We did have Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys as well.

Once I got to college, I got an Atari 2600 and then an Atari 800 computer.

I tell myself that my Cars collection is making up for lost time for a lost childhood.
              I guess my excuse for collecting cars is that I never grew up lol

Comment

We had this great set of wooden building blocks that came from these monks that made toys somewhere outside of Pittsburgh. Those things made roads and houses for everything from little people to star wars to G.I. Joe and beyond. I think that my niece and nephews have them now. They're over 35 years old.

Comment

LOL
                  Lots of familiar stuff so far.

I started (mid-1970's) with Hotwheels then on to Star Wars. I could have retired off of all the stuff I had there alone (I'm the youngest child...)
                  Just an off-the-cuff list: Millennium Falcon, X-wing, Slave 1, Vader's TIE Fighter, AT-AT, AT-ST, Hoth base, DeathStar playset, Post cereal mail-aways, Yoda's house, Ewok village. Then after that it was GI Joe. Had the Joe F14, Cobra A10 Warthog, Zartan, Dreadnoks & their airboat, the Joe base... Then G1 Transformers: Soundwave, Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Skyfire... Then on to electronics & computers. Had a Pong box, Atari 2600, Colleco-vision, Commodore 16, Commodore 64. Spent many an hour playing Wasteland on an Apple ][e. Also used my cousin's Atari computer (600 or 800 1980 was a while ago). And stereo equipment, car audio. Now DVDs & toy Cars mostly.

Oh crud, forgot the Fisher Price Little People & Weebles when I was lil' lil'. I have a vintage Little People A-frame house like the one I had when I was two or three.
                  Last edited by GotFrank; 04-15-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

being a 90s kid, anything Power rangers. I loved them! Loved different series, Mighty Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, Time Force, Wild force, loved all the megazords!
                    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

One thing that I spent a lot of time playing with that no one mentioned yet was those plastic multi-colored dominos that I would set up on the floor at the bottom of the stairs, gather the family and knock 'em down!

Other top toys that stand out in my memory:
                      Capsela
                      Crossbows & Catapults
                      Electronic Detective
                      Transformers Omega Supreme
                      VerdiBird Helicopter
                      Handheld Electronic Football game with the little red dashes
                      3D Viewmaster
                      Merlin
                      (I could probably list stuff all night)

Comment

guess I could add Masters of the Universe toys in there as well. I would have listed transformers as well, but I definitely did not have many of those as a kid...maybe 3 of them? and even then, they were hand me down from my older brothers and most of the pieces were missing LOL

I really liked drawing as a kid and enjoyed those spirographs....or whatever they are called

Transformers for Trade
                        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

My bear bluey it was a blue bear he kept the monsters away

Comment

I'm a nerd, I had a lot of the toys mentioned afore, but I also had a chemistry set , a microscope, and a telescope. I also found great pleasure in making paper airplanes, making paper citys to play with in my window sill, taking my moms old scarfs and making parachutes, trying to make a Ho scale train diorama (fail...), and making quicksand in a jar (surprisingly successful, but not replicated).
                            May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

tyco slot cars, still have them after 30 years.
                              transformers, sold them for a pretty penny.
                              hot wheels
                              some star wars
                              Most valuable possession as a kid: my Mongoose Bike.
                              ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

Working...
                              X