Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We gonna get this 'Secret Santa' up and running?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We gonna get this 'Secret Santa' up and running?????

I know I kinda came up with the idea of a 'Secret Santa' for us on the boards.

Mods - anything in the pipeline?

I dont mind organising but obviously the whole thing will run on trust.

Just thought id ask now as gives a little time to get items poste out.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be cool.

Post away................

ok i,m in

Comment

Sounds good, I'm In!

Comment

Well that makes three of us!

Once the Mods give me the nod or take it off my hands i/they will get some info out!

Comment

Yeah, I'll do it.

We do one at the station only its called s*** Santa!!! Always good for a laugh.

Comment

DW - Happy for you to organise (as I don't have the time at the minute - work is manic!)

Comment

I'm in!! However, I've never mailed to the US before!!

Comment

I'm in too... we do need to come up with some general guidelines though...

There are currency conversion factors, I use this website for determining currency value:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

right now 1 pound (GBP) is equal to $1.59 in US dollars... 1 Euro converts to $1.35 in US dollars... 1 GBP converts to 1.17 Euros...

Do we set up various guidelines/levels? Such as 2 pack, Deluxe, Single? There are a few items which are unique to the US (Kmart racers, crew chief 2 packs, Walmart 2 packs)... there are a few items that are or have been available in the UK but not other countries such as Deluxe Brian Park Motors, Chuck Choke Cables, and Stu Bop...

With some of my frequent international trading partners we go retail to retail in figuring out money... with others, it's trade (single for single, deluxe for deluxe, 2 singles for 1 deluxe, 3 singles per hauler)... we need to determine the gift guidelines ahead of time so no one's feelings get hurt.

Do we want to keep it open to strictly Cars and Cars2 items diecast items? I have about 8 non-Cars diecasts but am not interested in anything but Cars; my wife says I can only collect one collectible series...

My intent is not to be a Scrooge about this... I enjoy Christmas and the holiday season a lot... at a previous job, we did a Secret Santa with a $20 to $25 limit... people participating listed what they collected... at the time, Garfield comic books were my biggest "habit"... I received 2 Garfield comic books that were autographed by Jim Davis, the author... I thought that was really cool... I had the books, but the autograph was a great feature (I do have Garfield comic books 51 and 52 on my birthday and Christmas lists).

Perhaps we need to determine currency limits and make lists of what people would like that fits in that currency range... and whether you want to participate only with people from your country or on an international basis... international shipping costs are a lot higher than domestic shipping costs... some people may not want to pay the premium for international shipping.

I can get some of the Christmas items and do have an extra of the 2010 Target Mater Saves Christmas boxed set and an extra Reindeer Mater single... see the article at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...like-Christmas

For international shipping, there may be delays at this time of year... I've had packages from the UK to the US take over 35 days to arrive that were posted in early December - I know this has caused problems for some of us in the past with people who didn't understand... we may want to specify a faster shipping service - I know I've received packages from UK friends in the past (Rippers, MrBrownstone) and paid the extra for faster shipping at certain times of the year.

Think about it, and post your thoughts in this forum... we need to reach consensus in the next 10 days...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm in. My extras listed for the last couple of months have not changed. They are still sitting in a box. My needs have not changed either. Still missing the same cars. Maybe this will work better if we post a list of what we in the US can get that the UK guys need and vice versa?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Wow this sounds like its getting technical.

all i was thinking was lets make this fun - we all collect cars for ourselves and for our kids, some people collect just diecast, others posters, other playsets etc etc.

I was just thinking something along the lines of minimum spend of $10-12, can be anything to do with cars as the end of the day, its a gift, a surprise, a present from one friend to another.

to be honest, all my needs/wants are quite hard to find and so are a lot of other peoples, therefore i think it would be a good idea to see if people do have a wants list but chances are you may not be able to help with them due to the cost / availability so how about just sending a fun package of cars related stuff, I know $10-12 wont go very far but suppose other people have a little more extra $$$ to spare so i suppose its 'be as kind as you like'

I already have a rough idea of stuff im gonna put in a package and i dont even know who im gonna get 'out of the hat'!!!

just putting my opinion across,

basically, minimum spend of $10-12, send name and address to one person to collate details by a certain cut off date (i dont mind collating and pickin names out of a hat), then after names chosen, you get emailed / pm'd the name and address of the person you are buying for - then sit and wait for your fun cars package - simple as!

Again, just my opinion and ideas, obviously Mods are more superior than little old me lol!

Comment

think we should keep it simple, yanks send to yanks, pommes and paddys send to pommes and paddys, then theres no flaffin about wif currencies and christmas international postage

Comment

I'm in, what's going on with this as everyone has different ideas?

Comment

Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be... as dumbleweed came up with the original idea, I defer to his views on price ($10 to $12 range)... the only thing I suggest is that as people sign up they specify the country or countries they will ship to... some people may prefer, as boogity mentioned, to ship strictly within their own country... others might be open to shipping anywhere.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

In like Flynn.

Comment

Working...
                              X