Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCD 2nd Anniversary Celebration & Contests - Enter for a chance to win!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD 2nd Anniversary Celebration & Contests - Enter for a chance to win!

It was 2 years ago today, April 28, 2011, that PixarCarsDiecast.com was founded... Starting today, and continuing through May 31, we'll be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary... We'll have different contests with different ways for chances to win... We have some great prizes and will have more that we will be announcing.

2 years ago, we were waiting for the official release of Cars2 merchandise (Family Dollar stores in the US had released singles cases A and B early to take advantage of the Easter toy buying)... I remember taking off work on May 16, 2011 and going to stores starting at 11 pm, hoping that I could buy a few Cars at midnight... we've seen Cars2 items on the 2011 Porta Corsa cardback... we've seen a few Cars2 items (2 packs) on a Tokyo Skyline cardback... we've seen the launch of a 2013 cardback with singles, 2 packs, Deluxe and some toys featuring re-releases of items from Cars and Cars Toons... We've seen Micro Drifters and Hydro Cars that "race" on water... We've seen the Radiator Springs Classic series at Toys R US, including the re-release of the Flo's V8 Cafe playset... We've seen store exclusives and we've seen other Cars that were only released in a few countries... Kmart continued to hold Cars Collector Events featuring exclusive Cars - some were well received, and some were not... We've seen a great Australian Cars event at Target stores in Australia featuring Super Chase Frosty... some cities in the US and a few most recently in the UK have seen events with life-size Mater and McQueen (and also Finn in the US)...

In other words, there have been many Cars, Cars2, and Cars Toon items released in the last 2 years... with the release of the 2013 products, the line seems to be going much stronger than it was in 2012 due to the over-saturation of early Cars2 items... Hopefully 2013 and the future will continue to be great for Cars, and everyone will be able to find the Cars they are looking for at retail...

For a chance to win, post a picture of one of your favorite Cars items you purchased or received in a trade during the last 2 years... it might be a single, deluxe, movie moments, playset, or custom... it may be carded or loose... Along with your picture, include a brief description of where you got it (trade with a friend, purchase at store or on eBay... etc...)

We'll award prizes via a random drawing.

Here are photos of some of the prizes I currently have - I expect to receive and/or announce more prizes in the next couple of weeks...

From KK&PP_Cars, Harumi, Franca, and a Tolga Trunkov/Tubbs Pacer 2 pack:

(Thank you, KK&PP_Cars)

From GotFrank, a custom Fillmore's Tent:

(Thank you, GotFrank)

From a friend of PCD, a Super Chase Frosty:

(Thank you, our PCD friend)

From OzzieMum, some goodies from a gift bag and a Frosty t-shirt:

(Note - this a screen capture photo and not attachments that you can click to enlarge)

From cac1959, Ghostbusters Ecto-1 from the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment series:

A Target Exclusive Mama Bernoulli Race Day Fan 4 pack:

There will be other opportunities for chances to win (signing up for Spotlight On and submitting your interview questions, etc...)

Thank you to all who have donated prizes... thank you to all for supporting PixarCarsDiecast.com... here's to a great 3rd year!

And if anyone else would like to donate a prize, please send me a PM or e-mail... I'd like to be able to award Dustin Mellows on the 2013 cardback as a prize... I looked for it this weekend but didn't find it.

P.S. - All PCD members in good standing who have posted an introduction in the New Members forum and/or a minimum of 10 posts are eligible to win except for cac1959... this includes moderators and site administrators... any and all shipping costs are the responsibility of the prize winners.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here's my contest entry:

I received the new Deluxe Taia Decotura and Taco Truck Mater from a friend in Asia... I still hope that we'll see them in the US and other countries some time.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Wow! Hard to believe it has been 2 years already. I'll have to take a picture of the very first trade I made with a member on this site. I actually still have one of them on card.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Happy 2nd Anniversary PCD!!

For me, my Contest Enrtry would have to be seven weeks ago tomorrow, when I was the FIRST in the nation to find Case F. It was the first time Cars 2 hunting felt like the good ol' Cars 1 days!

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/28d...9db66137_r.jpg

Comment

Hi all,

This is my entry....RDMS is my favourite diecast and I was lucky enough to grab him from a friend on PCD that was in the unfortunate position of having to sell his collection. Dumbleweed if you still read this forum, I can assure you he went to a good home!!

Prince Wheeliam is another of my favourite diecasts and again managed to snag him from a friend in France by way of a regular PCD member, Decepticog in Canada.

Thanks to all those members that have helped me out with trades and purchases and what a great thing it is to see the forum still going strong after two years!!

Comment

I'm in...in the very faint hope I'll snag Tubbs/Tolga or Francesco's Mama.

Wooden Mack (runs on standard wood train tracks) just because of the look of unconditional love on my son's face when he opened it on his birthday.

image.jpg
            Last edited by Enzo; 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

collection 10.jpg
              One of my favorites is Acer with torch from the UK cause it was not released in the US with a number on it.
              Last edited by Clearysdad19; 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

By far my favorite Car. Got it from a local collector who was selling.

Comment

Contest Entry

CONTEST ENTRY

This diecast is very special to us, we are huge fans of the show Deadliest Catch & I remember the excitement of finding this on eBay & purchasing it for my step-dad for Fathers Day. The look on his face was priceless, you could tell it meant alot to him & it was one of the best gifts anyone had ever gotten him. My parents have travelled to Dutch Harbour every year for the past 6 years right before King Crab season & the year we got this diecast, my husband & I travelled with them so we were able to get it signed by the crew! My parents have become great friends with Captain Sig & the other Captains. This piece sits proudly on display & brings back amazing memories of our adventure from Australia all the way to Dutch Harbor, Alaska (a damn long way! Lol).

image.jpg

Comment

CONTEST ENTRY
                    I got these three for a great deal on ebay back in January 2012. It's definitely one of my best purchases in the past two years, because I know for sure I wouldn't have these in my collection if it wasn't for that!

Comment

Wooooooooow, I really like that fillmore tent!!!!!!!!

Here's my entry: I got him from a selling collector in Antwerp, Belgium.

I never thought I would find one...

image.jpg

Comment

Here's my entry...my first trade with cac1959 included a few cars, but watching my boy's face with these and boost...priceless!!

Comment

My favorite... a custom made for my family through the generosity of Custom Toy Revolution and the thoughtfulness of Chris.
                          DSCF6241_zps41e02710.jpg

Comment

So here we go for my fav I bought within the last two years. Again Custom Toy Revolution: a custom Red Ransburgh McQueen

SDC10556.jpg

Comment

Great entries of favorite Cars so far... please keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X