RARE and Hard to Find Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
    Wouldn't the original boxes and Neon Tuners be rare? The new box is different.
    That's the thing, where do you draw the line, different packaging, variations, unibody, etc. Some of the desert back variations could be on there as well since they are hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
      That's the thing, where do you draw the line, different packaging, variations, unibody, etc. Some of the desert back variations could be on there as well since they are hard to find.
      I try to take a lot of factors into accounts including number of items produced, demand, and value for that item but you are right there is a gray area here and some items are really rare based on one's own opinion on where that line should be.

Comment

hi,there Im just asking were,did u get the speedway of the south set as im looking to by the set but im in the Uk many thanks king.

Comment

Originally posted by king View Post
          hi,there Im just asking were,did u get the speedway of the south set as im looking to by the set but im in the Uk many thanks king.
          Yes I have one - got it on ebay about 18 months ago. Have to research it thoroughly though and get lots of photos of that Apple Car to ensure it is legit.

Comment

Just removed Kyandee from the rarity list due to her re-release this month

Comment

Dragon Lightning McQueen without Oil Stains was also rereleased, so that one should probably be taken off the list.

Comment

You are correct - I just went ahead and updated the list. Thx!

Comment

Not sure if this was already mentined, but it is interesting to me that many of the medium rare cars almost always go for much higher prices on eBay than some of the extreamly rare ones...
                  Last edited by Ferris; 03-10-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                    Not sure if this was already mentined, but it is interesting tp me that many of the medium rare cars almost always go for much higher prices on eBay than some of the extreamly rare ones...
                    I've noticed that too, and come to the thought of maybe people think since they're so rare and unexpected to find or get cheap they don't even bother trying to get them so they go for the medium rarer ones instead, therefore leading to a bidding price raising frenzy.. but thats just my thought.
                    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Not much on the rarity front lately folks. Although I am keeping an eye on super chase Carateka and super chase Ciao Francesco - both have been out for awhile now and not showing up on ebay so i'm wondering if production was low on them or if the cases just haven't been put out by retailers yet. Could see those liquidated to online sellers and show up in larger quantities later on so I'm holding off.

Comment

Could anyone tell me how to identify a popemobile on international card back as opposed to US card back - I'm assuming on the deluxes its more than simply the picture or text (as the singles are differentiated?).

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                          Could anyone tell me how to identify a popemobile on international card back as opposed to US card back - I'm assuming on the deluxes its more than simply the picture or text (as the singles are differentiated?).
                          here is a picture of my international card popemobile

Comment

Thanks carslover, so it is just the picture on the front as opposed to having the text as well, same as the singles. I'm guessing then that the US cardback is not rare at all?

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                              Thanks carslover, so it is just the picture on the front as opposed to having the text as well, same as the singles. I'm guessing then that the US cardback is not rare at all?
                              nope the US card is very common

Comment

You might consider removing these:

Medium Rare:

Frank the Combine (I know, same as Chuck Choke Cables; different version, different cardback)
                                Cartney Brakin' (Pegwarmer here..)
                                Cruz Besuro (just released on 2015 card)
                                Ivan

Exclusives:

Okuni
                                Shigeko
                                Kit Revster
                                Chauncy Fares

Mini was removed because of the release on 2015 card, but that's a different Mini.
                                The original seems still medium rare to me..
                                Bruce Boxman may be added to the Exclusives list

These are just suggestions, the way I see it ....
                                Cars Addict

Comment

Working...
                                X