Recent Finds: December 2012 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
    Wow, its a different world over there where you are, there are 4 shops in my town (Ayr - if you like golf its sandwiched right in between Turnberry and Troon) who regularly stock them but its mainly all the usual suspects (mater, finn, lightning, francesco) although one shop i was in today suddenly had 30 rod torques ( i hadnt seen him in scotland until a month ago) i need to travel an hour to Glasgow to access some more stores. Annoyingly Iv been in the US once - New York 2009 - but i didnt start collecting Cars til Bens first birthday in 2010 - I now kick myself thinking i was probably stood a few feet away from dozens of stores selling cars which would have cost a couple of dollars but id have to pay about £20 on ebay for now. lol

Yes that would be great if you could look out for a wally for me, thanks!
    If I sometimes think that collecting Cars in the London and South East area is a bit dead, it makes me feel great sympathy for people like yourself who have to travel many miles (at great expence and time) in the hope of seeing something worth buying.

On the prices, as much as we moan in the UK, singles being about £4.99 GBP (7.99 USD) and Deluxe / Movie Moments being £8.99 (14.38 USD), spare a thought for those on mainland Europe. Their singles are about EURO 8.50 and Deluxe / Movie Moments EURO 15.50. That equates to singles £7.00 / 11.20 USD and Deluxe / Movie Moments £12.99 GBP / 20.75 USD. That's outrageous!

I was in Ayr back in July on my way to Stranraer (football). I didn't find any cars there, but I did find a couple of Final Lap style lenticulars in WH Smith (Kilmarnock)!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
      If I sometimes think that collecting Cars in the London and South East area is a bit dead, it makes me feel great sympathy for people like yourself who have to travel many miles (at great expence and time) in the hope of seeing something worth buying.

On the prices, as much as we moan in the UK, singles being about £4.99 GBP (7.99 USD) and Deluxe / Movie Moments being £8.99 (14.38 USD), spare a thought for those on mainland Europe. Their singles are about EURO 8.50 and Deluxe / Movie Moments EURO 15.50. That equates to singles £7.00 / 11.20 USD and Deluxe / Movie Moments £12.99 GBP / 20.75 USD. That's outrageous!

I was in Ayr back in July on my way to Stranraer (football). I didn't find any cars there, but I did find a couple of Final Lap style lenticulars in WH Smith (Kilmarnock)!
      Yea its pretty barren here, i have to rely on ebay a lot, paying the £5 or so per car doesnt bother me so much, its when you go to ebay and they are sellin cars which are 4 or 5 times the price (not even for cars which are rare like rip or fabrizio etc) - Sorry if this is off topic but of all the places to go and watch football - why Stranraer?

Comment

• I received a text message with pictures from indykjt today... he found new Cars merchandise in Meijer... I posted photos of the Hydro Wheels in the main forum... He also found additional new merchandise... first, here's the new Francesco Bernoulli Micro Drifters launcher:

I know some of you really like the Micro Drifters... it just seems a little strange to me that Meijer put the Micro Drifters Speedway at 90% off last week (and I missed it due to the weather).

He also found this:

Looks like a new version of the Lights and Sounds 1:21 scale plastic Car... I had a Mater in this series in the Cars2 series - I gave it to my grandson for his birthday... if you've got small children, this might be a good item for you.

Thank you for the heads up, indykjt!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Yea its pretty barren here, i have to rely on ebay a lot, paying the £5 or so per car doesnt bother me so much, its when you go to ebay and they are sellin cars which are 4 or 5 times the price (not even for cars which are rare like rip or fabrizio etc) - Sorry if this is off topic but of all the places to go and watch football - why Stranraer?
          Football is one of my passions. When I'm not following West Ham United all over the place, I try and get in a new ground here and there. The Scottish Football League start at the end of July, so I took advantage and went to matches at Stranraer and Alloa Athletic this summer; only five grounds to do now in Scotland (SPL / SFL)!

I also love railways (and railway journeys). I hadn't done the line south of Ayr, so it was a good opportunity to complete that line (and do the extention to Alloa too)! I got quite a few Wetherspoon and O'Neill's pubs 'ticked off' too!

I went to Ayr United back in 1997.

There's a lady in my town who 'knows' quite a few people in stores. You have to be quick or lucky to get in before her. It doesn't take her very long to get the good stuff onto eBay! I'd much rather give Hamleys £8 for a rare Chase car, there and then rather than be ripped off on eBay, knowing that the item could get lost or damaged in the post!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            Football is one of my passions. When I'm not following West Ham United all over the place, I try and get in a new ground here and there. The Scottish Football League start at the end of July, so I took advantage and went to matches at Stranraer and Alloa Athletic this summer; only five grounds to do now in Scotland (SPL / SFL)!

I also love railways (and railway journeys). I hadn't done the line south of Ayr, so it was a good opportunity to complete that line (and do the extention to Alloa too)! I got quite a few Wetherspoon and O'Neill's pubs 'ticked off' too!

I went to Ayr United back in 1997.

There's a lady in my town who 'knows' quite a few people in stores. You have to be quick or lucky to get in before her. It doesn't take her very long to get the good stuff onto eBay! I'd much rather give Hamleys £8 for a rare Chase car, there and then rather than be ripped off on eBay, knowing that the item could get lost or damaged in the post!
            On the football front (Rangers fan myself), My older brother lives in Ramsgate, he is a die hard west ham fan too, not sure how much he goes these days but hes been a big fan for as long as iv known him, even has tattoos etc. Which grounds have you still to visit up here?, you have been to more than i have (about half).

Comment

On the football front (Rangers fan myself), My older brother lives in Ramsgate, he is a die hard west ham fan too, not sure how much he goes these days but hes been a big fan for as long as iv known him, even has tattoos etc. Which grounds have you still to visit up here?, you have been to more than i have (about half).
              I've actually been to nearly 50 different grounds in Scotland. I have seen West Ham United play at six grounds in Pre-season games, but I like to go back and tick the ground off properly with a competitive game.

The only ones I need in the SPL/SFL are Ross County, St. Mirren (NEW), Falkirk (NEW), Montrose and Elgin City.

I did the old Meadowbank Thistle and old grounds at Airdrie, Falkirk and St. Mirren.

I've done a few Scottish Juniors too. Maryhill, Pollock and Arthurlie. I've been to loads for photos; Troon, Girvan, Neilston Juniors, Johnstone Burgh and most of the Glasgow area West Superleague grounds.

Comment

• nifty nigel, i,m impressed I didnt think any of you southern softies had heard of stranraer never mind been there!
                havnt been there for a while, came back birkenhead/belfast last time, someone told me the railway line will be closing, I suppose most traffic comes thru cairnryan
                saw west ham play dunfirmline in a pre season way back when, ran on the pitch and got a few autographs, as a kid it was beezer, think it may have been the 69,70 season

on the footy front, think iron bru cup final is on sky on the 26th (ish) cliftonville v crusaders, should be good, come on the hatchet men!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  nifty nigel, i,m impressed I didnt think any of you southern softies had heard of stranraer never mind been there!
                  havnt been there for a while, came back birkenhead/belfast last time, someone told me the railway line will be closing, I suppose most traffic comes thru cairnryan
                  saw west ham play dunfirmline in a pre season way back when, ran on the pitch and got a few autographs, as a kid it was beezer, think it may have been the 69,70 season

on the footy front, think iron bru cup final is on sky on the 26th (ish) cliftonville v crusaders, should be good, come on the hatchet men!
                  I've only done two in Northern Ireland, Coleraine and Lisburn Distillery. I have been to Derry City in LOIP game a few years ago though. Now if the North moved to the summer too that would be great! I go to the Rep. Ireland every summer to get a game or two in and tick the grounds!

Collecting is in my DNA. It started out with football programmes, 7in singles, albums, CDs, LaserDiscs, DVDs, Blu-rays and now Disney Pixar Cars! Just about enough room in the house for my wife, the dog and myself!

Comment

Working...
                  X