Apple car - real or custom???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple car - real or custom???

Hello there bought this one yesterday... The seller rold me it was a real one... Is this correct

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thx

I am not one of the pros here, so I might be wrong, but that either looks custom or back door, and though there may be more reasons, here are mine:
    1) the 7 on the date code has a curved line coming down, the real one has a straight line
    2)the outline around the sponsors on the side is a solid line, whereas I believe it is a dashed line on the real SOTS model
    Once again, I am not the pro, but I think that the two things I said are correct about your question.

Comment

I am also no expert by any stretch of the imagination but...
      To me I would say not authentic and what sticks out to me are the actual numbers 84...they do not look like the same font or something? Also maybe its the angle but the back rivet seem smooshed??

I do not own one but i am comparing to the one on the pixar.wikia.com
      185px-Mac_iCar2.JPG
      Last edited by Scavenger; 12-30-2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

as mentioned by e.davies1
        the sponsors should be surrounded by dashline not dots or solid line.
        backdoor midnight run usually have it as dotted line.
        although they are small but the sponsors should not be blur on the authentic car.

The white pin stripes at the back windscreen should have straight edge instead being curve.

The location of the 84 at roof also is also something you can use to see whether is real or not. (Agree with Scavenger the font looks a little different). The 4 should ends with a little gap between the roof and back windscreen.
        The 2847EA should not be bold.

Is hard to explain on these two but once you look at the authentic car you will notice the difference.

Comment

That's a custom or backdoor, definitely not real.You can tell by the date code. The bottom of the number 7 should be a straight line and not curved.

Comment

Looks like a backdoor/factory custom, not legit for the Speedway of the South set.

Comment

I'll retake photos in the next few days... here are a few photos of the Apple from my Speedway of the South set:

I'll take photos showing the SOTS Apple and a factory backdoor version.

Note too that the 8 in your date code differs from the 8 in my date code - as others have said, it's a different font.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

cac1959,
                maybe you can come out with a thread about the apple car by comparing
                the authentic, backdoor and custom. that should be a good resource for PCD

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                  cac1959,
                  maybe you can come out with a thread about the apple car by comparing
                  the authentic, backdoor and custom. that should be a good resource for PCD
                  Good suggestion, wintermelon... It's on my Cars to do list... I might even see about starting to take pictures today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                  X