Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was in the glasgow disney store yesterday and got told much the same - they'd had one case and that was that

did find something different in the entertainer

was almost tempted but managed to resisit

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
      At a day out in Glasgow I went to the Disney store, the manager there said they have not had any new cars in months, and she wasn't expecting any in the near future. On a brighter note, I went to Tesco and they were bringing out pallets of stock and I spied a box of planes singles, I opened it up and got Ishani, Leadbottom and Skipper, when I took the to the tills the items were not recognised on the system, the woman in charge of the checkouts looked at them and says does £4.97 seem a fair price sir - yes that sounds about right! lol - nice to get one over on the big guys now and again lol.
      Nice! Had similar experience earlier this year in HB when I picked up a certain 2-pack fully prepared to pay the shelf-marked 4 or 5 quid but it didn't scan and after the manageress went back up the aisle to check she came back with some random item and said to checkout girl "here scan this as a substitute"...the item being £1.49 which meant I paid 75p for Leland Turbo.

Comment

• yes I can confirm 5 planes pirelliboy, yuffie - is there an entertainer in Glasgow that I don't know about?

Comment

• i think it is new - it is in the buchanan galleries shopping centre

we'd gone in there looking for the lego store and were given a leaflet - i'm sure the girl said it had just opened

Comment

• Damn - I was in Glasgow today and decided against the buchanan galleries as it was too nice a day - didn't know it had opened. don't think they had anything of interest based on your photo but its good to know for future reference!

Comment

• Was out on my travels yesterday and thought I would share my TRU stock with you all....

2013-07-19 13.04.36.jpg2013-07-19 13.04.43.jpg

Total Embarrassment in all honesty. The amount of opened packages was obscene. There was even one 3 pack with Ramone, LMQ and Doc that someone had ripped open to get doc out and left the rest there. I took one look and couldnt even be bothered to rummage through it.

I did see this in Smyths and thought it was cool tho....
              2013-07-19 14.17.16.jpg

Comment

• That looks fairly typical for a Toys R Us in my area; a total mess. TRU do appear to be the most hit for shoplifting.

However, the biggest missing item I (haven't) seen was the £50 Lightning McQueen in DS Oxford Street. I'm still trying to work out how someone got that out of the packaging without being noticed, let alone steal it!

I suppose it's a consequence of minimum wage, less staff on duty, particularly at places like TRU and TK Maxx?

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  That looks fairly typical for a Toys R Us in my area; a total mess. TRU do appear to be the most hit for shoplifting.

However, the biggest missing item I (haven't) seen was the £50 Lightning McQueen in DS Oxford Street. I'm still trying to work out how someone got that out of the packaging without being noticed, let alone steal it!

I suppose it's a consequence of minimum wage, less staff on duty, particularly at places like TRU and TK Maxx?
                  And perhaps the fact that the staff at tru don't give a monkeys, the last time I was there I took my items to the till and there was no one there, it was about twenty minutes before closing, it took me 10 of those minutes to find anyone and that's because I entered a staff only area. I said to the girl I could have walked out the door with this stuff and no one would have known - her reply - wouldn't have bothered me! Priceless

Comment

• isnt that pathethic

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                    And perhaps the fact that the staff at tru don't give a monkeys, the last time I was there I took my items to the till and there was no one there, it was about twenty minutes before closing, it took me 10 of those minutes to find anyone and that's because I entered a staff only area. I said to the girl I could have walked out the door with this stuff and no one would have known - her reply - wouldn't have bothered me! Priceless

Comment

• that is a sad sad state of affairs, bombom77

Comment

• not much in tescos today, but did spot a couple of planes books, one with a nice padded cover for a fiver, read the first few pages, the stopped as Ididnt want to know the ending, story line was somewhat familiar,
                        her indoors spotted some bath time planes in the toiletry ailse, didnt think to look there myself, so dont know what they are like

withdrawal symptoms agains

Comment

• We've got the planes book, picked it up yesterday..... My daughter loves it and had 4 different people read it to her at our bbq yesterday. Now at least she knows who and what some of the characters are. Chug is Dusty's best friend awwww! LOL!

Comment

• Whenever I see a store display that looks like what BomBom77 pictured, I can't help myself... I spend a little time organizing it and arranging items on the pegs and shelves... employees need to care more about their inventory and their jobs, because if the store doesn't have customers, the employees won't have jobs.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• One for Nigel this, not sure what it means if anything other than they recycled a case...

Comment

• TEASER!! What's IN IT?!?!?! LOLOL

Comment

Working...
                                X