Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
    came across three cars in wh smith today - alex carvill, race official tom and j curby gremlin

unusual in itself (first cars i've come across in there that weren't francesco's) but they were also proper clipstrip cards with no cut out hook and had the names on the front rather than the picture of the car

That same assortment appeared at my local Toymaster about two weeks ago. There were two Rips in the case. On the back, the usual six images of other cars and the message 'Collect Them All'. Quite clearly they are from the US, as Mattel UK make it impossible to 'Collect Them All'.

Comment

• so the first of the unsold US stock has made it over here - will the doubles and deluxes follow

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
        blimey 8.99 - haven't got sally or sheriff but at that price it might stay that way (ignoring the fact by the time i get to toys r us it will probably just be mcqueen and ramone left)
        found sally and sheriff in cribbs toys r us today and after carrying the around the store for a while decided against buying them - left the shop unusually pleased with myself

Comment

• My son found Alex Carvill in Sainsbury's today, can't believe how excited he was to find a new car, few & far between now-a-days.
          Tesco had 15 Francesco's in, 10 of them silver! Asked an employee if they had any new ones out the back,
          he said "I didn't know there was different ones, I've only ever seen that one!"

Comment

• her indoors was under instruction to ask in disney shop to look for mildred and ruka the other day, karon explained what ruka looked like, describing the the little air hostesses hat, the sales girl said she had seen it and took iher over to the display and showed her it..... it was the queen and the hat was the crown......although this seems funny now its just another example of staff knowing nothing, sorry diddly flammin squat about their product
            most of them in that shop are a shower and as for walts supposed guest service, I dont think they know what good customer service is!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
              her indoors was under instruction to ask in disney shop to look for mildred and ruka the other day, karon explained what ruka looked like, describing the the little air hostesses hat, the sales girl said she had seen it and took iher over to the display and showed her it..... it was the queen and the hat was the crown......although this seems funny now its just another example of staff knowing nothing, sorry diddly flammin squat about their product
              most of them in that shop are a shower and as for walts supposed guest service, I dont think they know what good customer service is!
              I know the feeling when it comes to the DS.. Useless comes to mind!

I once asked if they had one of the diecast Cars sets in stock, was told they had plenty.. what they actually had was plenty of the plastic figurine sets .. not diecast. Was not impressed at all.

Comment

her indoors was under instruction to ask in disney shop to look for mildred and ruka the other day, karon explained what ruka looked like, describing the the little air hostesses hat, the sales girl said she had seen it and took iher over to the display and showed her it..... it was the queen and the hat was the crown......although this seems funny now its just another example of staff knowing nothing, sorry diddly flammin squat about their product
                This just reinforces that we know more about the Cars product than the employees at stores that sell it... at least they got the blue color and a head piece right.

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to find what you were looking for, boogity.

And how hard is it to tell the difference between plastic and diecast? Must be harder than many of us think.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• another disney shop gem, karon phoned up the other week, looking for mildrid bylane, a cars figure, the manager told her mildred was in fact a character from ...planes
                  I get her indoors to phone now as I no longer have the will to explain things to this lot and mostly get told a load of guff
                  her indoors has told me i,m go in myself from now on, as her aunt whose 83 knows more about those wee cars than they do!

Comment

another disney shop gem, karon phoned up the other week, looking for mildrid bylane, a cars figure, the manager told her mildred was in fact a character from ...planes
                    I get her indoors to phone now as I no longer have the will to explain things to this lot and mostly get told a load of guff
                    her indoors has told me i,m go in myself from now on, as her aunt whose 83 knows more about those wee cars than they do!
                    That's worse then mistaking Ruka for a Queen!

It's really poor when stores aren't informed about what they are selling or can't be bothered to help. One local Toymaster will check for certain characters over the phone (even if it means checking box in store room) but another just says they haven't got any..yet if you go in the store they have them on the shelf ! Its poor service if you can't even be bothered to go to a shelf and look.

Comment

• Today's haul
                      image.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                        Today's haul
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3370[/ATTACH]
                        Where did you find the international carded 2-packs?

Comment

• Picked these up in Paris
                          Not cheap either

Comment

• Posting them in UK thread? You tease

Yeah I know, 15€ on the other side of the channel, about £12.50.

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                              Today's haul
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3370[/ATTACH]
                              Nice finds.. for a second there I thought us lot in the UK had a chance of finding those twin packs

Very jealous

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                                Posting them in UK thread? You tease

Yeah I know, 15€ on the other side of the channel, about £12.50.
                                That was 65 euros worth and the Mater set was on offer.
                                Better hope my wife doesn't find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X