Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing new in our stores

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
      me thinks cars are starting to hit the buffers over here
      I've been up and down the country and many stores have little or no stock whatsoever. That's not good in the run up to Christmas. In some respects that may mean that sales are up, but many stores have reported that they have had stock for weeks! That may well be that the supermarkets have underestimated the demand and under-ordered in total contrast to two years ago!

From what I have seen Tesco, Sainsburys have all run dry and Morrisons haven't had any cars for weeks.

All the Toys R Us have been well stocked, but not necessarily with what people are going to buy. A refresh of the Radiator Springs Classic wouldn't go a miss although cut down on the number of Lightning McQueens and Maters in the cases (or cartons as Mattel have labelled them)! And sell off those very old US rejects for £1.

Argos have been busy restocking with two ... cars at a time, not cases, but just two cars per store. There's no substitute for thinking big!

Disney Stores have not restocked for ages, they are just running down stocks of their combination of 994/998/B/C/E/F cases.

Everyone's ripe for 2014 stocks, but by the tone of many on here there's no need to produce too many as there's so many early repeats, many aren't going to collect them!

Comment

• well, I see cars 2 is on bbc at 4.05 on boxing day!

Comment

• Asda Milton keynes had a great selection this morning, sadly nothing I needed:
          RPM, sputter stop , Brand new mater, mildred , Luigi and guido, taxi , nitrade , both mcqueen's , snot rod , Alex , race tom , plus the usual silver racers.
          They also had a good selection of hotwheels: batpod , herbie , mystery machine etc.
          I really was hoping to find some 2014 cars plus Smokey and the bandit hotwheels.
          My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• Originally posted by rob View Post
            Asda Milton keynes had a great selection this morning, sadly nothing I needed:
            RPM, sputter stop , Brand new mater, mildred , Luigi and guido, taxi , nitrade , both mcqueen's , snot rod , Alex , race tom , plus the usual silver racers.
            They also had a good selection of hotwheels: batpod , herbie , mystery machine etc.
            I really was hoping to find some 2014 cars plus Smokey and the bandit hotwheels.
            Normal diecast size Taxi or Deluxe size?

Comment

• Originally posted by millimoo View Post
              Normal diecast size Taxi or Deluxe size?
              Sorry, it was vern. Could'nt think of the name yesterday!
              My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• Hardly anything to be found in Bristol area.

Sainsburys Emerson's Green 1 car
                Sainsburys Stoke Gifford about 6 cars - usual shelf warmers
                Argos Emerson's Green 10 cars
                Argos Central Bristol 2 cars
                TK Maxx had 1 lmq Francesco 2 pack in one store and nothing in other
                Asda Cribbs had about 20 cars - remains of clip strip and silver racers
                Disney Store had 21 Maters and 7 Finns - old stock bought back out
                Did pick up a Franz from planes though - only 1

Argos Cribbs - 7 cars but didn't look
                Tesco Cribbs - old porta corsa peg warmers
                Toys r us Cribbs - usual waste of time

Entertainer Central Bristol - had new stock for them, a couple of Francesco's to go with Mater and Kimura.
                Wilkinsons - had some Petrov's in last few days and 1 Don Crumlin

Tesco Eastville has about 40 cars from 998e cases
                Asda Eastville has 5 cars remaining from clip strip

Comment

• finding franz was a good score

Comment

• Awesome Franz has arrived !! Must remember to keep a look out for him now

As far as Cars are concerned it's beyond a joke now.. No new cases for weeks !!

Comment

• Forgot to add:
                      Smyths - full up with Lightnings the old Francesco and Kimura
                      WH Smith - Broadmead - 4 or 5 cars - Vern, 3 LMQ and forgot the other

Planes were 4.99 at Symths but the original characters (Skipper, Dusty etc)

Argos at Emersons Green said they were not expecting any more stock before Xmas.
                      Sainsburys next door have 10 on order (0.4 of a case) but not sure when they will arrive

Good job the Franz find saved today

Comment

• Where did you find Franz? Really sad that us in the UK are not seeing any 2014 stock

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                          Where did you find Franz? Really sad that us in the UK are not seeing any 2014 stock
                          It was at the Disney store in Bristol. There was only one.
                          I also managed to find the Arturo pit row set at Asda last week. They had 1 in Smyths today as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                            Hardly anything to be found in Bristol area.

Sainsburys Emerson's Green 1 car
                            Sainsburys Stoke Gifford about 6 cars - usual shelf warmers
                            Argos Emerson's Green 10 cars
                            Argos Central Bristol 2 cars
                            TK Maxx had 1 lmq Francesco 2 pack in one store and nothing in other
                            Asda Cribbs had about 20 cars - remains of clip strip and silver racers
                            Disney Store had 21 Maters and 7 Finns - old stock bought back out
                            Did pick up a Franz from planes though - only 1

Argos Cribbs - 7 cars but didn't look
                            Tesco Cribbs - old porta corsa peg warmers
                            Toys r us Cribbs - usual waste of time

Entertainer Central Bristol - had new stock for them, a couple of Francesco's to go with Mater and Kimura.
                            Wilkinsons - had some Petrov's in last few days and 1 Don Crumlin

Tesco Eastville has about 40 cars from 998e cases
                            Asda Eastville has 5 cars remaining from clip strip
                            wish I could say the same for our local stores
                            haven't seen any 2013 cards anywhere besides smyths.

Tesco,asda,wilkinsons,Sainsbury's,morrisons all came up with nothing apart from maters,francesco's,finn's and the odd silver racer.
                            tk maxx had 2 Ka-ciao lightning McQueen movie moments priced @ £5.99
                            Tru had a few bits and pieces including the 2013 Christmas cars but only Lightning Mcqueen.

sorry state of affairs here in south wales I'm afraid

Comment

• My last day of cars hunting before Xmas.

Found a helpful member of staff at TRU Brislington today.
                              He checked stock room and found a new case.
                              It contained Lil Torquey and Marilyn but didn't need these.
                              Left one of each on shelf. There was also 1 Queen there.

Nearby Tesco that had Ruka and Ichigo the other week had a few peg warmers left.
                              Sainsburys at Brislington had about 30 cars. Mixture of old stock and recent clip strip.
                              There was a Maurice there when I left.

Home Bargains had the lights and sounds car but no others.

Argos at Imperial Park only had 17 left. Remains of 998e case
                              Range next door had Topolino 2 pack and Leland Finn 2 pack.

Back to eBay I guess although even that seems quiet.

Comment

• managed to find franz in longwell green asda this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X