No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - July 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds, David&davidmcqueen, carslover, and KK&PP_Cars... and I agree with you, KK&PP_Cars - Darrell Cartrip with headset is already a pegwarmer in western Ohio and central Indiana... Sputter Stop and Edwin Kranks seem to be pegwarmers as well... Mama Bernoulli and Chase Miles with hood up are selling quickly.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Of all cars to be pegwarming... as long as it ain't Finn, I have no problem welcoming new friends to the shelves. Ha ha.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Every time I see an Edwin on the pegs, I want to curse the people for not buying him. He is awesome! I wish I could make customs because he is begging for it. Make some Motorama Bros!

Comment

Haven't found time to post my finds, so here here are my July finds!
          Got all of these from Walmart, Target, Kmart & TRU!

Comment

I was in BJ's yesterday and saw 2013 cars for the first time. There were very few left, so I'm not sure what they will have, but another store to add to the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
              I was in BJ's yesterday and saw 2013 cars for the first time. There were very few left, so I'm not sure what they will have, but another store to add to the hunt.
              Interesting .. were they in a tray or on clip strips? When Cars 2 first came out, I found Porta Corsa cards there for on clip strips ... they did not have peg hanger holes cut into them. they were really nice looking cards.

Comment

ok, not a new car, but i couldn't leave Taia on the peg

this is my second Taia that i have found in the wild

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                  Interesting .. were they in a tray or on clip strips? When Cars 2 first came out, I found Porta Corsa cards there for on clip strips ... they did not have peg hanger holes cut into them. they were really nice looking cards.
                  They were on the clip strips like last time, but regular cards this time. The Bjs around here had the Porta Corsa cards that you are talking about last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post

WOW it is a Taia parade

Comment

• I found this today at a garage sale for a great price

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                        I found this today at a garage sale for a great price

That's an international carded Popemobile! What is that doing in the US? That's a very rare car, excellent find.

Just to confuse the issue, TRU (and maybe other stores too?) in the UK have got the Pope Pinion IV and Popemobile Deluxe case. On Saturday, there were a few US-carded Popemobiles at a TRU on my travels (Southampton). Quite a few in fact. The Queen is also becoming quite a common sight at Smyths on a US card.

The US gets international cards and the UK gets US carded Deluxe! How does that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by keonisdad View Post

Great find! A few more have recently been advertised on Amazon.co.uk.

Why can't Mattel get these out on time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                            Haven't found time to post my finds, so here here are my July finds!
                            Got all of these from Walmart, Target, Kmart & TRU!

In the second picture down, there is a JEFF GORVETTE. He's not supposed to be released until case 999L. Have you any idea what case he was in, as Mattel are swapping cars and cases like crazy at the moment?

Super Chases being found at retail in the US. Whatever next?

Met on T5AD hinted that Jeff may not be coming out as a single as there was a double-pack with John Lassatire on the way, possibly instead, but the numbering on the two-pack didn't make sense, unless Mattel are considering another sub-series of double-packs?

It would be great if they did, sort of an expansion of the current 2013 card series!

Comment

• Jeff Gorvette on the short checklane card has been at TRU for over a month or so.

Comment

• the brislington toys r us had about 5-6 popemobiles yesterday

and seeing taia and taco mater going for about £10-12 on amazon when i paid £25 each reminds me to just stick to what i get in shops and not pay over the odds on ebay

Comment

Working...
                                X