Recent Finds - January 2015 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds - January 2015 Store Purchases

Please post your January 2015 store finds and purchases in this thread... Many thanks!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Target was crazy today. I couldn't believe what I saw newly put on the shelves this week:

[IMG][/IMG]

2 new cases of Silver Frostys, Case K and even an American card Case T from a year ago!

Weird!

Comment

Wow, incredible find, Silver Frosty!

I haven't actually found anything Cars related at a store since November... really hoping that changes soon!!

Comment

Inappropriate post edited by cac1959

Again, please refrain from being critical about people who purchase multiples of a Car.

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
        Target was crazy today. I couldn't believe what I saw newly put on the shelves this week:

[IMG][/IMG]

2 new cases of Silver Frostys, Case K and even an American card Case T from a year ago!

Weird!

Comment

I found 2 Alberto's at a Target today. Sadly, no Sally with Tattoo.
          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

That's not cool. You never know *why* someone does something. It could be for any reason. If that same person bought all those because they liked surprising kids in the hospital with them, would you stand by your statement? I think as a general rule, it's not good to make assumptions. I know without that person's help most of us in the states wouldn't even have a silver Frosty.

Comment

Wow... 2 cases of the 2013 Silver Frosty Australian promo... 14 months after the fact... amazing find, Silver Frosty!

Again, please refrain from being critical about people who may purchase multiples of a Car... I wouldn't have had Super Chase Frosty, Silver Frosty, or Neon Frosty for use as prizes without people buying multiples... many of those have gone to people in the US, Canada, UK, Europe who wouldn't have had them otherwise... and I personally know that last year over 700 McQueen and Mater were sent to a memorial service for a young Cars fan who passed away due to a terrible illness... and many more were donated to charity.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found Sally W/ Tattoo, Alberto and Interview Francesco along with the first case of ice racers at one local Target. Then another day different Target I found Jonathan Shiftko, Henri Motisse and got the Target exclusive McQueen for $4.39!

Good Luck and Happy New year to all
                May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Dear Boogity,

Your post has been edited so I don't know what you wrote. But I'm guessing that you vented about people buying way more than they need.

For the record, I haven't bought a single car including any frostys, in the past few weeks as I only buy one for myself and sometimes a second to trade. The only exceptions I have made to this were buying a load of cheap Taia and Taco Mater on the instructions of a UK board member who then backed out of buying them, leaving me with most of them now still. Also I bought multiple Neon Frosty to all those who requested to me by PM. I have none of those left and even gave away the last 2014 poster and don't have one myself.

My son and I took all of those frostys off the shelf to photograph so that this board could see them as I thought it would be fun to share this find. We then put all of them back and tidied the shelf. We had fun doing it which is the reason why we collect cars.

I have never made a profit by onselling cars and have never sold on eBay.

I hope that your post was in regards to people in general buying more than needed for profit rather than defaming myself in the mistaken belief that I had bought them all and that made me 'bad.'

I was going to write this as a PM but feel that if my character has been questioned publicly then I need to respond publicly too.

Comment

That's awesome! I hope to see our local stores like that soon. My son is nuts about these cars, especially the piston cup racers! So currently my hunts have been mostly for those. I know it may not seem like much to most of you here(considering some of your collections. Wow!) But I did find a single sputter stop at Kmart. Never seen it other than the 2 pack with gasperin.
                    Also got sarge and doc for my little guy as I'm now looking to get the main characters to keep packaged for him. Left a Mildred bylane which I am regretting now!

Comment

Wow, those Frosty's are awesome.

Haven't posted my recent finds in a while so here it goes:
                      Wen't to a few Targets / Walmarts in the area I've never been to before the other day. For the first time ever I found RIP and Holley W/ Screen. Also bought a WOC DJ who had his own peg priced at $2. There was only one of him, lol.

Yesterday I went to my local Target, found the RS Team Mcq on clearance for $7, mixed in with the bunch of those were one Red Box RS Mcq, also $7, not sure how he wandered out there, maybe a return? The bigger find was 7 Cars DVD Gift Packs with Gold Mcq and Fire Truck Mater. Priced at $29.99 and caused quite a stirr on PCD Facebook, lol.

Comment

Bought Interview Francesco at Target today and I am not happy about it. What a lame car. But I bought it anyway. Mattel owns us all

Comment

@ Bumper Save... you have a point with your last statement. Dang..."Out on the highway..." again in search for newness.
                          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

@Silver Frosty - please continue to show us your Australia store finds and continue to help out others... I want to assure every PCD member that Silver Frosty is a great addition to our Cars community.

@Bumper Save - yes, Mattel does own many of us... I made a 110 mile one way trip last Monday to check stores that are served by different distribution centers...

@jeff - back on the highway again for me but not before next weekend.

Comment

So I have to admit that I'm pretty excited for my 3rd post! Apparently one of our 2 local TRU stores is closing as I found out today! It is located on the east side of town so I don't frequent it very often but happened to be in the area this morning. I walked in to find 90% of the shelves empty and it was like a war zone of workers tearing down displays and shelves. Long story short, I scored a flow v8 cafe for $9.00 and a "reporting live from radiator springs" box set for $13.00 !! The last of each. Everything in the store including shelves and fixtures were being sold. I was just in the store the week of christmas and there wasn't even a hint of the location closing the doors.

Comment

Working...
                              X