Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guy martins tour of india is just starting on 4, get yourself off the lap top

Comment

I don't have a lap top, just a regular HP desktop!

The last 2013 Ruka/Ichigo/Mildred Bylane case (998F) case was actually released at the end of November 2013 about two months (correspondingly earlier) that the last 2014 (995C) case. In the end there were 2,000 of them plus the 'chase-car less' 994F case of which there were 1,000 of them.

The 2013 998F had a date stamp of 2483EAA. 994F was 3043EAA.

The 2014 995C had a date stamp of 2464EAA.

We didn't get the first 2014 case (998K) and no one from Europe reported a date stamp. The first 2015 case 959D had a date stamp of 3074EAA. The Canadian version of 959D was 2794EAA.

Mattel said that these were supposed to be out at the end of February. I guess that supermarkets will be discounting like crazy to clear old stocks through half term week. New cases always get released immediately after half term! That could be the wider distribution of the 959D case?

We know what's in cases 959E and 959F. Both of those will be out before the end of March.

Nigel

Comment

Great stuff guys - thanks for the very useful information. Now it's time to hunt!

Comment

Saw this in Argos today, just waiting to be filled with a fresh case of Cars:

Comment

maybe shouldnt have walked past the big argos in town this morning!
            Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            Saw this in Argos today, just waiting to be filled with a fresh case of Cars:

Comment

did disney this morning, some nice stuff, could have spent a fortune, but didnt buy anything,amazing self control here
              diecast disney cabbie 18 quid
              5 pack , protect and serve, 25 notes
              2 pack disney chase moonmater mcq and the white car that he saves , whose name escapes me, 12.50

tkmax, found a nice coffee table sized book on pixar, good section on cars, was 25, now a tenner, found out about 3 characters i,d never heard of, the bagatrons, these are 3 cars that bet on the races apparently

asda living, new planograms being worked on, everything was in cages , couldnt be bothered looking thru

will check smyths tomorrow while her indoors goes to sainsburys

Comment

Went via a different Asda on the way home this evening, Cars still priced at £5.97. All they had were an older selection from 2014. Only things on offer were Fire & Rescue for £5. They had a end display, but was full of Hot Wheels

Is this Asda £4 offer localised?

Comment

Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                  Went via a different Asda on the way home this evening, Cars still priced at £5.97. All they had were an older selection from 2014. Only things on offer were Fire & Rescue for £5. They had a end display, but was full of Hot Wheels

Is this Asda £4 offer localised?
                  Contrary to what some stores (or members of staff) may have you believe and in spite of the price tickets, the standard singles should scan as £4. This is a company-wide deal in association with Mattel UK.

Comment

Thanks Nigel. Hopefully they will get new stock before the offer expires

Comment

One thing I noticed on the rear of the 2015 international cardbacks is there is no mention of Mattel UK's distribution.

Many previous series have printed:

Additionally distributed in the EU by: Mattel U.K. Ltd., Vanwall Business Park, Maidenhead SL6 4UB along with other mentions of France, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

There maybe nothing cynical involved as it just states Mattel Europa B.V., Grondel 1, 1186 MJ Amstelveen, Nederland. (Mattel Europe HQ).

If anyone thinks this could result in a positive change, think again. Maybe (some parts of) mainland Europe has been getting double packs and deluxe, but many have reported that this has been at the expense of getting all singles cases.

Although the numbers have varied at least the UK has got all 149 singles released in 2013 and 2014.

Comment

Big Asda I visited today had no end cap and cars showed at £5.97 but were showing on the tickets at £4 the other day. Had a fresh selection of all launchers (including vitoline and octain), but these were now showing at almost £11 instead of £5.50 as they were recently - maybe I should have price checked one. No sign of new toons and they are up to 5.97 as well.

Comment

The correct price is the one that scans. I went to the self-service tills and scanned one myself to make sure of the price before my disagreement with the staff at one store. The other store were quite willing to give me a refund for the price difference (but they had to check with the store I purchased my cars from first).

I've got seven ASDA stores within about 10-15 miles. They all sell cars but none of them appear to have the same product ranges in stock at the same time. Indeed, none of the stores have all current product lines at once. This makes me think that someone in Head Office decides what each stores are going to get.

All the stores vary in size but they are all classed as superstores.

Comment

out of 4 asda's I've visited over the last few days,all bar one had these birdfeeder displays.all had the same case assortments of planes,ice racers and singles,needless to say I managed to get 3 full sets of the new releases bar one which was interview Francesco.

all car singles are priced at £4 at the moment regardless of what the display says.all ice racers are £5 ,although I managed to get mine at £3.75 from the store that didn't have one of these displays and oddly it is the biggest store of all 4

Comment

Hello all. Disney cars 2015 are buy 3 for 2 in smyths today they also had lots of the 2015 collection on display and 2 full boxes unopened on the shelf. At 3 for 2 brings the cost down a good but....if you want 3 of course.

Comment

I price checked an ice racer in Asda today and it was not £5, it was £6.97, so I guess as they have unique barcodes, they may have different prices; The one I checked was Lewis Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                                X