Recent Finds - March 2015 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, cac1959!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I found Henri Motisse and Jonathan Shiftko at the Target last night near where I work. First time I had seen them in a store. I didn't buy them because a member here had already gotten them for me a few months ago. I didn't find anything of note at the Walmart next door.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

As I posted on PCD facebook, Checked Walmart nearly every day last week (including yesterday) Of the two near me, one had the Easter bins without Cars, the other didn't have the bins.
        I've seen one 2015 Single since I found a case at Walmart in November. While I have the first case of MM's and the Toons, still have yet to see Deluxe or Singles. :/ Next week is my spring break, I might take a trip around my part of Illinois in search of these things.

Comment

Nice find, bobbyjack... I've not seen Henri Motisse or Jonathan Shiftko in a store - even though I don't need them thanks to others I'll probably even pay the TRU retail price for one of each in a store.

I've only seen 2015 singles at Walmart and Walgreen's... I've seen 2015 Deluxe at 2 Walmart stores... I've seen 2015 Movie Moments at Meijer and Walmart stores.

I wish you good luck on your Cars hunts on spring break, Nitroade... I may try a road trip next Friday.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to 5 more Walmarts tonight looking for Hooman and a second Greg Candyman, I did find Hooman, but no Greg. Also, found my first 2015 Deluxe, but there was just a Grey Semi-that's it.

Comment

I have to say, I think the interest in collecting might be growing again. The quickness with which Tach O Mint and Franks are being scooped up is something. At one point, I could have sworn some my local stores were either going to Bobbyjack or myself. Shopping in Walmart last night at one of those stores, out of curiosity I checked the bins. No Tach O Mint. While I suppose technically it is possible there weren't any to begin with, for fun, I counted the cars. 25. So like most stores, apparently they had 36, which means 11 sold in a pretty short time period. I may not be buying them anymore, but somebody is.

Comment

I've been using the Brickseeker website to track Cars singles in my area to see when new cases show up. (Hoping that Target gets some 2015 Cars.) Somebody is buying them, because I'm seeing the numbers drop consistently, especially after weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by odisn View Post
                  I've been using the Brickseeker website to track Cars singles in my area to see when new cases show up. (Hoping that Target gets some 2015 Cars.) Somebody is buying them, because I'm seeing the numbers drop consistently, especially after weekends.
                  I hope your targets system is more accurate than mine

I have checked brickseeker and compared it to what was on the pegs and they are way off showing a lot more cars than they have

they have checked the back room for me and found nothing there

so all the cars that they have had to ring manually because they were not in the system yet has there stock showing many more cars than they actually have

Comment

I am pretty sure that the Brickseek website adds to inventory what a store has ordered or has as a pending order.

It was very useful for looking for the Promo McQueen or if stores had gotten in ice racer singles or 4 packs... for other things not so much... the drawback to the system is that the 7 pack with Bruce has the same DPCI code as the 7 pack with Chauncey...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                      I hope your targets system is more accurate than mine

I have checked brickseeker and compared it to what was on the pegs and they are way off showing a lot more cars than they have

they have checked the back room for me and found nothing there

so all the cars that they have had to ring manually because they were not in the system yet has there stock showing many more cars than they actually have
                      If you run into a smart enough Red Shirt, they will do something in the system to notify the inventory team to manually count & change the number in their system. I've had that occur for me on a couple of occasions, and I noticed it in the numbers this week as I've been checking them. One store went from 30-some Cars down to 5 overnight, then got restocked one case about a week later.

Comment

I scored a Sally with Tattoo at TRU today!
                        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Nice find, ksammut!

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
                            I scored a Sally with Tattoo at TRU today!
                            cool Kenny

I love that car

Comment

finally found some 2015 singles

Comment

Thank you Carslover and RCcars5!

Great finds, Carslover!
                                Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Working...
                                X