Recent Finds - May 2015 Store finds and purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Sunday night... my wife and I went looking for patio furniture... after stopping at Lowes, Menards, and Big Lots, we went to Kmart... Found the Mini/Van case 2 packs and bought the Mini/Van... they also had their new Star Wars Hot Wheels display - I bought the new Hot Wheels, including the R2D2 and C3PO singles which are "clean" variants - they are "dirty" in the 2 pack.

And yesterday I had to go to a small town satellite campus - stopped at the Walmart... still no new singles... but I did find and buy the one Deluxe in stock - Brian Fuel.
    I haven't seen Mini and Van around in my area at all haven't seen anything of the new 2015s that I need at all, and from the looks of the May finds thread, its been a slow month for many others. My wants list is going to just grow faster rather then taking off any.
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Picked up the new singles; Frederickson and the blue Audi on Thursday.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Made a trip towards the Dayton (Ohio) area today... stopped at multiple stores:

From 2 Walmart stores:

Front of cards:

Back of the cards from Sajan Karia and M. Fenderickson:

Kroger Marketplace purchases - I've now found Henri Motisse in a store - that was the last non-Super Chase 2014 single I hadn't seen in a store.

And I realized when talking with Scavenger the other day I didn't have Chug... I bought one Chug for $4.97 at a Walmart... and then found this one for $2.50 at Kroger... guess which one I'm opening.

TRU purchases:

Deluxe purchases (2 Tractor and 1 Brian at Target... the other Tractor and Brian at Walmart):

At the 6th Walmart I found several Chug, including 2 each of clean Chug on 2 different cards... I bought the clean but not the dirty versions.

I can remember years ago where all my finds would have been what I might have found at one store (except for maybe the TRU exclusives)... still, it was good to find some Cars and Planes characters that I didn't have and to help out a few friends.

And I can confirm that there is a new cardback variation of the Radiator Springs 500 1/2 3 pack... here's a picture:

(new version on top - I didn't buy... old version I purchased several months ago)

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

nice finds cac

I have yet to find the newest cars you found

Comment

We are on the last week of May and only 2 pages of store finds? Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
              I was up in Naperville today and checked Walmart and Target, too. I didn't see anything new either, lol.
              Thanks for the heads up --- wont be traveling that way today now

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                No doubt, bobbyjack... it's been a slow time for finding Cars in stores...

One of the Walmart stores I stopped at on Memorial Day had just completed their "Spring Reset"... 2 months through spring... winter clothes will be appearing in stores again soon before we know it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                  couldn't of said it better myself, more like embarrassing Mattel.
                  "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Found sajan karia, m fenderickson and the van mini 2 pack in Walmart (Florida) today. It was great to find new cars for only $3.50 with tax). They had lizzie and kit revster etc but there was nothing else I needed and not that many 2015 cards left. Now if only I could find the hw ecto 1a and bear rig retro before I return to the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                      Found sajan karia, m fenderickson and the van mini 2 pack in Walmart (Florida) today. It was great to find new cars for only $3.50 with tax). They had lizzie and kit revster etc but there was nothing else I needed and not that many 2015 cards left. Now if only I could find the hw ecto 1a and bear rig retro before I return to the UK!
                      nice finds

good luck on the ecto 1a

I have yet to find that one here

Comment

Cheers cars lover, almost at the end of my holiday/vacation and these are the first real finds of any consequence. The local walmarts are very dry of disney cars and only have a load of the zoolander jeep, anchorman van and 90210 mustang retros (no sign of the f&f hw either &#128530

Comment

Cheers cars lover, almost at the end of my holiday/vacation and these are the first real finds of any consequence. The local walmarts are very dry of disney cars and only have a load of the zoolander jeep, anchorman van and 90210 mustang retros (no sign of the f&f hw either ��)
                          mine are the same in texas

and the F&F hw didn't last long here

Comment

Great finds B.T! always nice to pick up a few quality Cars on your hols! Have a great time

Comment

Bought a couple of Franks last Thursday in Target.

Comment

Great score sir! Glad my backyard could help you! LOLOL I still haven't seen them yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X