Recent Finds - August 2015 Store finds and purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
    Scavenger is loving Az!! Great find sir.
    Glad the move has had it's benefits!

Comment

Friday night we hosted an overnight birthday party for our granddaughter for her 10th birthday... I don't know why they call them sleepovers - they didn't do a lot of sleeping... anyway, I went on a quick Cars hunt in western Ohio Saturday morning... stopped at 3 Walmart, 1 Target, 1 Family Dollar, 1 Meijer, and 1 Marshalls...

Walmart #1: singles are up 15% to $3.76 each:

First time I've seen Paul Oilkley and My Name is Not Chuck in stores... so I bought them... DJ is the "incorrect" version with all blue (no green stripes).

Family Dollar: First time I've seen Dynamite as a single:

Walmart #2: Still working on their reset... singles $3.76 each... I left Sajan Karia and M. Fenderickson... I did buy Larry Camper and Trent Crow-Tow: Deluxe still $5.97.

Target: I found Manny Roadriguez, Scott Motorse, and a 2015 DJ with the correct green stripes - thanks for the heads up, RCcars5!

Walmart #3: I had trouble getting into the parking lot as they had an old car show going on and had shut down the 2 streets I usually use to get into the store... I saw 2 Frank on the pegs... 2 Pit Crew Member Mack... finally found Richard Clayton Kensington on the shelf... and then this, which I pegged for the picture:

Store purchases:

That is only my 3rd Super Chase store find... my other 2 were Long Ge at a Big Lots and Circus Van at a Walmart.

Not a bad Cars day for a quick trip... I got back in time for the family birthday party for our granddaughter.

I also got my Civic back earlier this week after being without it for 7 weeks due to a bad transmission... the radiator was also bad and the manifold was cracked... I guess my Civic was glad to go on Cars hunts again.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
        Tru this morning...

I'm glad I saw your post. Now I have another bus to find. I have Emmanual from cars 2. Now I see they have one from Planes F&R. Hopefully hes the same size, even though the mirrors are different.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Friday night we hosted an overnight birthday party for our granddaughter for her 10th birthday... I don't know why they call them sleepovers - they didn't do a lot of sleeping... anyway, I went on a quick Cars hunt in western Ohio Saturday morning... stopped at 3 Walmart, 1 Target, 1 Family Dollar, 1 Meijer, and 1 Marshalls...

First time I've seen Paul Oilkley and My Name is Not Chuck in stores... so I bought them... DJ is the "incorrect" version with all blue (no green stripes).

Walmart #2: Still working on their reset... singles $3.76 each... I left Sajan Karia and M. Fenderickson... I did buy Larry Camper and Trent Crow-Tow: Deluxe still $5.97.

Target: I found Manny Roadriguez, Scott Motorse, and a 2015 DJ with the correct green stripes - thanks for the heads up, RCcars5!

Walmart #3: I had trouble getting into the parking lot as they had an old car show going on and had shut down the 2 streets I usually use to get into the store... I saw 2 Frank on the pegs... 2 Pit Crew Member Mack... finally found Richard Clayton Kensington on the shelf... and then this, which I pegged for the picture:

Store purchases:

That is only my 3rd Super Chase store find... my other 2 were Long Ge at a Big Lots and Circus Van at a Walmart.

Not a bad Cars day for a quick trip... I got back in time for the family birthday party for our granddaughter.

I also got my Civic back earlier this week after being without it for 7 weeks due to a bad transmission... the radiator was also bad and the manifold was cracked... I guess my Civic was glad to go on Cars hunts again.
          Great finds, cac1959!
          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I found a couple cool ones I didn't already own. I got the camera guy suv from the first movie. Nelson something. He's a green suv. I got the official named Tom. He's a yellow and blue sedan. And also a 2 pack. Easy Idle #51 and a pit crew guy. I know they're all very common, but still I was very glad to find them all today.

Comment

Awesome finds Chris & Scavenger!
              These new Planes are so cool, I was never a big fan of the movie, but Ted, Trudy, and Colin are making me think about getting some of the cars from Planes.

Comment

Found Ice Racer RIP at Walmart, they finished their Fall reset, and took away the Deluxe pegs.

Also stopped in Meijer today, the Cars are in a totally new aisle, it's weird. They still only have 2014s and Ice Racers.

Comment

nice find nitroade

will have to keep an eye out for ice rip at walmart

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Store purchases:

Congratulations on the Civic return, birthday and cars finds! None of those cars are out down under yet, great finds!

Special congrats on the super in the wild. For someone like you that hunts so much, it truly shows the poor distribution that this is only your 3rd find! There seems to be a lot of Super finds in Houston in the past year so I'm not sure why they get so many!

Comment

Originally posted by Nitroade View Post
                      Found Ice Racer RIP at Walmart.
                      Nice! The new ice racers haven't made it down here yet. Hopefully they will join Frosty in a few months!

Comment

Walmart this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                          Walmart this morning...
                          Another new case stateside! Great to see new cars on the pegs!

Congratulations on the find!

Comment

I found the Protect and Serve 3 pack at my local Walmart on Friday.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great finds, Scavenger and bobbyjack!

Went down to Martinsville (Indiana) yesterday for my wife's parents' 60th wedding anniversary dinner... I stopped at 1 Toys R US, 1 Target, and 1 Walmart... Didn't buy anything at TRU... bought a few things and Target and Walmart:

Target purchases - first time I've seen Grem in Trouble and Acer in Trouble in the proper locations in the package:

Walmart: I found the cube - only the 2nd one I've seen at 20 different Walmart stores:

Walmart purchases:

I bought the pittys because I wanted to try creating a couple of customs per Toyfountain's directions... it worked... you can see the result in my customs thread, reply #21 at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...3904#post53904

I'm going to leave more complicated customs to people like Scavenger, GotFrank, etc.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Nice scores, Chris!
                                But why so many Shifty Drugs ?
                                Cars Addict

Comment

Working...
                                X