Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Great additions at a great price, Ru5ty! Congratulations!
    Thanks Chris... haven't been able to add Timothy Timwzone yet.. delivery due Wednesday, so fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

• tescos cars are 3.50 until 15th june, so stock up

Comment

• stewarty stu, who would have thought you could find a mood springs up the avenue in the wee tescos for 3.50, how times change , eh!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
          stewarty stu, who would have thought you could find a mood springs up the avenue in the wee tescos for 3.50, how times change , eh!
          At the checkout yesterday and some little fella with his granda had Andy vaporlock and tank coat... the kid was all biz! 😁... if only the price was always £3.50... you couldn't keep them on the shelves. Which brings me onto my next point. Asda living still haven't got anything, that's like five weeks now. Most of the tescos I've hit as well, are out or down to there last two... what cases are due next?

Comment

• well I did telt ye you were wasting yer time down there

Comment

• im new to posting..... But a regular reader!!! Thought it was worth mentioning that the cars in tescos are not only reduced to £3.50, but also part of the 3 for 2 deal! So you get 3 for £7!!! To good a deal to not share....I was rather pleased today!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1busymum View Post
                im new to posting..... But a regular reader!!! Thought it was worth mentioning that the cars in tescos are not only reduced to £3.50, but also part of the 3 for 2 deal! So you get 3 for £7!!! To good a deal to not share....I was rather pleased today!!
                Welcome on board 1busymum...
                Thanks for the heads up on the 3 for 2... Awesome, now all tescos needs to do now is stock up as all my stores have been depleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1busymum View Post
                  im new to posting..... But a regular reader!!! Thought it was worth mentioning that the cars in tescos are not only reduced to £3.50, but also part of the 3 for 2 deal! So you get 3 for £7!!! To good a deal to not share....I was rather pleased today!!

Welcome aboard!

That's a great deal. Mattel and the supermarkets should've done more of this in the school half term holiday. We're well behind in the UK at the moment. By the beginning of June, in previous years 2013 to 2015, the sixth singles case was well established in the UK. So far, we've only had the first four cases on general circulation with a handful of the fifth case appearing at Morrisons about a month ago. Since then, they've restocked with the fourth case!

The 2016 cases are: 979A, 959N, 959P, 959L and 998Q. Clearly Mattel Europe/UK can't work out a basic number/letter sequence!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    Welcome aboard!

That's a great deal. Mattel and the supermarkets should've done more of this in the school half term holiday. We're well behind in the UK at the moment. By the beginning of June, in previous years 2013 to 2015, the sixth singles case was well established in the UK. So far, we've only had the first four cases on general circulation with a handful of the fifth case appearing at Morrisons about a month ago. Since then, they've restocked with the fourth case!

The 2016 cases are: 979A, 959N, 959P, 959L and 998Q. Clearly Mattel Europe/UK can't work out a basic number/letter sequence!
                    Nigel. Is Mattels warehouse empty or what's the story on there stock levels. I've been scouting the local asda living store now for over five weeks and the only new stuff they've gotten are the carnival racers and the riot racer's. No oversized, 3 packs or the normal die casts. Most of the tescos haven't any singles either... what are we expecting in these randomly numbered cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                      Nigel. Is Mattels warehouse empty or what's the story on there stock levels. I've been scouting the local asda living store now for over five weeks and the only new stuff they've gotten are the carnival racers and the riot racer's. No oversized, 3 packs or the normal die casts. Most of the tescos haven't any singles either... what are we expecting in these randomly numbered cases?

Before the year starts, weeks, maybe months before, the Mattel reps go out and about, selling their products to retailers. With products like Cars, where there are different case assortments throughout the year, Mattel get retailers to sign up to the programme. Quite often, retailers try and sign up for a first to market. In 2016, Morrisons signed up to get three or four cases on a first-to-market basis. Given that their stocks have dried up and only some stores (who had previously appeared to have an almost unlimited supply of new/cases) it would appear that Morrisons deal is now over. The first cases is always the most lucrative one, with the most new cars! It's not a surprise if no one else has signed up for any of all of the remaining eight cases on a first-to-market basis, just maybe on a needs basis!? Apart from Morrisons, it looks like Sainsburys, ASDA, Toymaster and Tesco all have plenty of of current stocks, so they may just reorder when they need to replenish stocks only?

The 12 cases planned for the year are split into three waves. The first four cases are what constituted the first wave. Beacuse of the late start in the UK, the first four cases were almost simulteneously distributed around the stores, by that meaning that Morrisons got three of them first, but with just a two week window. ASDA got case no.1 (979A) first. Usually, Mattel gets two cases in the warehouse, sometimes with overlapping dates as it often takes around four to five weeks to get through them. 12 cases = 12 months.

It's probably fair to say that case no. 5 (998Q) and case no. 6 are in stock. Probably the first deluxe cases are too, but there are tons of the final 2015 deluxe cases out in the shops. As we saw from the recent RS Classic singles at TRU, the datestamps would suggest they should've been in store before Christmas but all these other lines, Neons, Silver reissue (Sainsburys and TRU have OD'd on them big time), Carnival and Carbons mean there's only so much shelf space, other lines (e.g. RS Classics and Toons) have been delayed! I don't think it's necessarily because sales are down, as there aren't that many shelf warmers (except TRU who have massive stocks in each store).

Comment

• ... I got cut off, timed out!

... Sales aren't down, in spite of lots of repeats. McQueen will always be a big seller. He's the main charactor and in all his guises, he looks the part. If you look around, all the films have some sort of merchadise. A significant proportion of 'toys' are movie merchandise. Look at Star Wars! You don't have to look far! It wouldn't be a surprise of some former cars collectors have switched to Star Wars.

I did go on a Cars hunt today but it was a similar story as it's been for a month or more. Nothing!

I did get the Rolling Stones 'Totally Stripped' and Travelling Wilburys (reissue) offerings in HMV, so it wasn't a totally wasted morning! Paul McCartney, Motorhead, Phil Collins (reissues) and U2 next week!

Comment

• Great read as always Nigel. My asda living manager zero'd the cars stock weeks ago but they still haven't received any. Maybe there stockists are the US or Europe and the lead time is more... doing my head in checking every day. fingers crossed they get the new cases and not any of the first wave.

Comment

• Hopefully, as the school half term is over, new cars will filter through into stores next week.

Mattel (and the major stores) rarely introduce new stuff during school half term holidays.

It's usually a good time to have a sale and get rid of overstocks of old stuff!

Comment

• Found Mood Springs single in Tesco for £3.50, had to have it!!! my first Disney Car in a year... oh no is this the start of collecting again!!! GULP

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
                                Found Mood Springs single in Tesco for £3.50, had to have it!!! my first Disney Car in a year... oh no is this the start of collecting again!!! GULP
                                That's just how it started with me lol... can't hold back, I'll just get one. Boom your back on the train full steam ahead... another member posted that they're 3 for 2 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X