Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome find!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
      Hey guys!

Heads up for all in the U.K. I am pleased to report a new find! After a long wait Mater the Greater 3 packs were in Asda today. On the back of the box shows RSQ Mater 3 pack but other than this set all that was left was the Protect and Serve 3 pack. Happy Hunting guys!
      Great find, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
        Hey guys!

Heads up for all in the U.K. I am pleased to report a new find! After a long wait Mater the Greater 3 packs were in Asda today. On the back of the box shows RSQ Mater 3 pack but other than this set all that was left was the Protect and Serve 3 pack. Happy Hunting guys!

Wow! What a fabulous find. Hopefully, this'll be the start of a run finding new stuff after the line killing four months in the UK!?

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
          I have seen the yellow submarine set at one of my walmarts as well as the new set of 8 mustangs

so, so far distribution seems limited
          I too have been in search of the Yellow Submarine and haven't had any luck at any of my stores. Sigh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• vandance nice find, pitty (no pun intended) it hadnt of been found 8 years ago or whenever mater the grater first came out, ridic

Comment

• cycled up to new smyths yesterday, nought new. good job as queues were horrendous on opening day, cycled down into town, did tru and disney, not much in either of them, cycyed home, past asda living but couldnt be bothered stopping, round trip of 13 miles
              only thing of note was a nice full masted cruise ship that was in port, think it was called europa 2 (11), worth a check out on google

Comment

• july is now over and i.ve bought nought all month, thats a record

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  july is now over and i.ve bought nought all month, thats a record

A few weeks ago my local Toymaster group received ten cases of singles, their first delivery containing 2016 cars. Unsurprisingly it was the ubiquitous 959L case they got. I popped in there last week and they said most of the cars had gone and they had enquired about getting some more cases, maybe half a dozen to tide them over for the school holidays. They told me that Mattel have said that there won't be anything new for a few weeks, probably September!

Apart from a handful of the 959Q cases that were found at Morrisons at the beginning of May, there hasn't been a new general release case since 959L first appeared at the beginning of April. That could turn out to be FIVE months with no new cars! That's even worse than the Cars 2 era of 2012.

Unless Mattel either cut production of the remaining eight cases or have special assortments for the UK, it looks highly unlikely that we will see all the 2016 singles over here!

Some double packs appeared at Hamleys but as yet, there have been no reported sightings of any international deluxe.

From my recent travels, I have seen blank shelves and pegs at ASDA, Morrisons and Tesco. Sainsburys and Smyths have a few singles, whilst TRU still have loads of 2015 singles, deluxe, Silver racers and Carnival Cup racers.

My last purchase was the two RS Classic 3-Car packs at TRU on 11.05.2016. Singles was early April.

Comment

• I never thought i would see the day that i would be completely fed up of finding the Autobahn society car.

I did find the Mater the Greater 3-pack at ASDA and the RS Classic 3-pack with Derek "Decals" Dobbs at Toys R Us.

Toys R Us and The Entertainer had the new Wheel Action Drivers assortment.

Comment

• that boat is called sea cloud 2 apologies if anyone looked it up, anyway its now in dublin

Comment

• Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                        I never thought i would see the day that i would be completely fed up of finding the Autobahn society car.

I did find the Mater the Greater 3-pack at ASDA and the RS Classic 3-pack with Derek "Decals" Dobbs at Toys R Us.

Toys R Us and The Entertainer had the new Wheel Action Drivers assortment.
                        rossibutton, you have now made ru5tys day, he,s been harping on about ddd for the past few months, so hopefully that will shut him up if he finds it up the road

Comment

• Like everyone else, nothing new for ages. None of my 3 local Asdas have the rescue squad mater 3 packs which is a shame as my son would love that mater! I did however find the carbons down to £4 in sainsburys and the silvers for £3.50. I had all the carbons but picked up most of the silvers as we only had two in the collection from the first run and I wasn't going to pay £7 each when they went down to clearance prices the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nought in shopsbut,,,,,,,

whilst driving up the country the other evening I spotted a new holland frank resting in a freshly cut field, made my day

Comment

• interesting fact that I did not know, or ru5ty either
                              was watching a stupid game show called the chase, its on in the uk, the chaser was that big fat bloke, anyway the question was what dog is associated with fire engines, naturally smarty pants knew the answer and then elaborated, the answer was a dalmation, so .......thats why mia and tia in fire and rescue are white with black spots, clearly disney aint that dumb, ru5ty then said there was some other cartoon with a fire dog in it and it was a dalmation too, cant rem what he said it was

so there ye go!

Comment

• nearly forgot, found these plastic cars in tru, you press the top and the front wheels splay out and the mouth (bake) changes, found , mcq, mater, doc and a slightly bigger red, I think the first 3 may have been 8.99

the new smyths has just opened up the road and Ithink there were only about 6 people in the place, ie tru

as for smyths, waste of time at the mo

Comment

Working...
                                X