Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirchTiger
    replied
    So they are about $18 in the US then - prices must be going up across the board! When I was in the states last year, singles were only $3.47 in Walmart at regular price (I thought that was crazy cheap compared to UK!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied
    that price does suck

but with the current exchange rate of the pound that is only slightly higher (about $2 more ) than it costs in the USA

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    Well, after no joy in any of our local Asda stores for months, found 2 mater the greater sets on the shelf in the fareham branch today (though they are £16.97)

Leave a comment:

• BirchTiger
    replied
    Well, after no joy in any of our local Asda stores for months, found 2 mater the greater sets on the shelf in the fareham branch today (though they are £16.97)

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    well fair play to ye for paying 8 quid for them in the first place,

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    What are the road trip singles trailer sets that were mentioned above somewhere? I never found that asda mater the greater set either so I'm worried that may have been and gone now...

That's the feeling I get sometimes, but ASDA are a bit of a mystery. They get a few in stock (at a few stores) then nothing! Then, almost as if they forget they had these (stashed away) loads of them suddenly appear all over the place!

I haven't seen any of them in any my nearest ASDA stores, indeed 2016 has been a pretty lousy year for ASDA in my area. I've got 12 Morrisons within ten miles. I was reading all these reports about cases coming one after the other, nothing for weeks, then hey presto, all my local stores got the 959W case in!

I'd already bought the cars at Hamleys at £8 each. I took three old/spare cars back and got a refund. The lady then took the £8 stickers off and re-priced them £10 in front of my eyes! Any feelings of guilt at getting my money back, quickly evaporated!

Leave a comment:

• BirchTiger
    replied
    What are the road trip singles trailer sets that were mentioned above somewhere? I never found that asda mater the greater set either so I'm worried that may have been and gone now...

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Sainsbury's toy sale started yesterday, Cars singles reduced to £3. I found the Rusty cars, Sally and Max crew pity today. Also the Mack plastic playset was reduced from £20 to £10 ...and for the Hot Wheels heads, Mainlines are £99p and 5 car packs under £5. Have fun hunting and saving folks!
    went looking today for me and ru5ty, but only had old stuff, (thats the sainsburys he, s barred from!!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    thats hamleys,
    anybody that shops in hamleys can afford a tenner
    but what a rip off, wonder how much they are up the road in john lewis and walt

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Hamleys have ramped up the price of standard singles to £10.

They blamed Brexit and the GBP's poor current exchange rate compared to the Euro and the Dollar!

Hmmm!?

Considering the stock they had been there for a few weeks, the price increase isn't justified at this time. New stock, maybe?

We're approaching Christmas ... enough said!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Sainsbury's toy sale started yesterday, Cars singles reduced to £3. I found the Rusty cars, Sally and Max crew pity today. Also the Mack plastic playset was reduced from £20 to £10 ...and for the Hot Wheels heads, Mainlines are £99p and 5 car packs under £5. Have fun hunting and saving folks!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Thanks for the updated summary, niftynigel.

I wish we could see that variety in stores here in the US... I've personally seen one Walmart store with remnants of the Vic Vanley case and have seen nothing newer than the Bob Pulley/Retread case at any store in Ohio or Indiana... it is so frustrating to not find new Cars.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Where to find the 2016 singles in the UK ...
    (Wave 2 - 959Q onwards)

Morrisons - 959W (Previously 959U, 959S, 959Q)

ASDA - 959T (Nothing in Wave 2)

Sainsburys - 959U (Nothing in Wave 2)

Tesco - ????

Wilko - 959Q

Disney Stores - 959T (Previously 959R)

Hamleys - 959U (Previously 959Q)

Fenwicks/Bentalls - 959Q

Toys R Us - 959T / 959S / 959R (Concurrent)

Smyths - 959T / 959S / 959R (Concurrent)

Toymaster - 959W (Previously 959S, 959Q)

Debenhams - 959W

If anyone finds anything different, please report it. Don't be shy!

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    found case w in debenhams, carla and coriander. but they were 6 quid each, left them

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by boogity View Post
    found road trip range, but they were 5.97, however there was a big dump bin with cars in them, priced at 3.40, managed to find vic, had everything else
    Nice find on Vic Vanley, boogity... I haven't seen Vic in a store.

Great finds as well, rossibutton! You found several I haven't seen in stores.

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    found road trip range, but they were 5.97, however there was a big dump bin with cars in them, priced at 3.40, managed to find vic, had everything else

Leave a comment:

Working...
X