No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ,,, and shame there aint a morrisons in the fatlad either, poor ru5ty and boogity
    Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    Thanks rccars5 and Nigel, looks like I will need to track down that new case as it has lots of new cars! Shame my local morrisons doesn't sell toys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• More great finds, UK friends... and it's great to read about the adventures of boogity and ru5ty.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• yeah ,well it gets better........guess who ru5ty found yesterday...................rippers............he, s alive and well and living in essex
        so to parprase the old adage..the king aint dead and he most certainly aint forgotten

maybe he,s become a lurker just like old ru5ty up the street, I dunno

yesterday, found oversize in Sainsbury, Larry camper, Benny brakedrum and that lorry with the steps, prob was they were 13 quid each

also Ru5ty is back in full swing collecting cars and he,s doing my head in!!! (still I can say what I like as he prob wont read this)

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        More great finds, UK friends... and it's great to read about the adventures of boogity and ru5ty.

Comment

• Hello all, take no heed of that egit Roger. Been hounding me for months with his latest finds trying to get me bk into this mess called cars collecting...
          So I've gotta lot of catching up to do. I'll try to keep yous all up to date on my latest finds, well providing Roger the Doger doesn't get there first :-(

Comment

• bout time too stewarty stu

Comment

• found the 2016 mattel poster free inside the latest edition of the disney pixar cars mag/comic

also case h in smyths

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                Hello all, take no heed of that egit Roger. Been hounding me for months with his latest finds trying to get me bk into this mess called cars collecting...
                So I've gotta lot of catching up to do. I'll try to keep yous all up to date on my latest finds, well providing Roger the Doger doesn't get there first :-(

We are definitely in need of some friendly banter on here, so welcome back Ru5ty!

I probably wasn't collecting of posting when you last regularly posted!?

We're probably all ejits, spending loads of time searching for cars, not to mention the cost (and the sneaking them in the house, when the wife isn't looking)!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  found the 2016 mattel poster free inside the latest edition of the disney pixar cars mag/comic

also case h in smyths

I've been looking for the magazine. Where did you find it?

The case H in Smyths, is that the US case H from last year?

Comment

• The latest 959L (as detailed in post #104) case has now been found in Wilko.

The four cases currently doing the rounds in the UK are what constitutes the first wave of the 2016 singles. There's around 5,000 (of the 8,000) currently in circulation, so they are going to (collectively) be around for a few weeks, maybe until early May, when the second wave of cars hit the shops.

In the meantime, the first 2016 deluxe case should appear along with first 2016 Toon singles case (ASDA) and (probably in very limited numbers) some haulers.

My guess is that the haulers maybe exclusive to one retailer, ASDA?

There are some more Radiator Springs Classics due, both singles and 3-Car Gift packs. There maybe two or three new Gift Packs, although as we have seen before, some have just been reissues.
                    Last edited by niftynigel; 04-01-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Nice to see so much activity in here. Spring has sprung and the new Cars have come out of hibernation at last!

Thanks for all the recent info folks, I found the mag & poster in Asda today for Ł3.99.

Here is a sneaky look at the poster...

Comment

• Strange poster, there are a lot of errors (WGP McQueen, Determined McQueen, Mater with Allinol Cans...) and missings... Seems to be a draft...
                        Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing ! :-)

Comment

• Yes I have to agree with you. I have not had time to study it in detail yet but I know some Cars that are due for release are not featured. On the back of the poster is just an advert for Carbon Racers and a few games for the kids to colour. Perhaps Mattel needed a bit longer...!

Comment

• Timed my visit to Morrisons well. The case must have just been put out on the shelves as they were all there. Chuffed to find Sedanya and Brake Boyd. My son and I don't collect Cars 2 diecasts but Galloping Geargrinder looks fun. The other two are handy spares.
                            On a visit to Sainsburys over Easter I saw a ton of US card back 2015 releases on clipstrips dotted all over the store. They were still mostly all there today. The 2016 releases are selling like hot cakes though!

Comment

• nice finds hondo!

Comment

• case h is int

cars mag in all good newsagents!

thats the first mag i,ve bought for a few years, but I have got a few on my travels where the free gift is a little 1.64 ish plastic car which are pretty good unlike the crap thats on them over here, someone said it was due to licensing laws in the uk, so far i,ve got, spanish, dutch, geman and polish copies and a nice little collection of cars too, if memory serves me I have kabuto,the london bus, francescos chief, cornhopper from planes, ivan and a few more

ru5ty found himself a larry camper in sainsbury today, dear knows how long it took him tracking it down, prob all day if his messages are anything to go by, still he,s a happy camper (no pun intended)
                                Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                I've been looking for the magazine. Where did you find it?

The case H in Smyths, is that the US case H from last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X