No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who thinks these 4 packs area complete load of old dross, clearly I am! (thirty quid before christmas, now a tenner and still a right royal waste of space and time)
    And talking of dross lets face it, ice racers,what are they about really, i,ve never seen any shorts toons etc, the same could probably be said for carbon racers and the rod lookalikes/ sheriffs,(the name escapes me) never seen any shorts of them neither!
    As for the circus cars range, wonder if the UK will ever see this stuff?
    Maybe its time to wise up to Mattel and their constant release of 2 bit cars 2 characters and assorted cr.p or maybe more sensibly its time to put the brakes on collecting til cars 3 comes out and restart, yep maybe i,ll do that.......but then again I probably..... wont

Someone needs to stick it to the man or in this case Mattel

Comment

this rant aint meant to offend any members

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks these 4 packs area complete load of old dross, clearly I am! (thirty quid before christmas, now a tenner and still a right royal waste of space and time)
        And talking of dross lets face it, ice racers,what are they about really, i,ve never seen any shorts toons etc, the same could probably be said for carbon racers and the rod lookalikes/ sheriffs,(the name escapes me) never seen any shorts of them neither!
        As for the circus cars range, wonder if the UK will ever see this stuff?
        Maybe its time to wise up to Mattel and their constant release of 2 bit cars 2 characters and assorted cr.p or maybe more sensibly its time to put the brakes on collecting til cars 3 comes out and restart, yep maybe i,ll do that.......but then again I probably..... wont

Someone needs to stick it to the man or in this case Mattel

Steady on Rodger, you'll blow a gasket!

Seriously, I know where you're coming from. A few years ago, we bought the Silver Racers at Disney Stores. All five of them! The other five were supposed to go to TRU, but that never happened. At least the US got all ten (Kmart). But then again, there should've been Rip too, but he was late for the Cars 2 party, so we had to wait until 2013 to finally get him! Cars 2 was unfinished in the UK/Europe. The last four cars (including two Chase cars) didn't make it.

Around the same time, there was a gap in the RS Classics at TRU. There are still around half a dozen singles that haven't made it to the UK. Luckily for us, a friend in the US sold us all her RSC collection last year.

The first reissue of Cars Toon saw only five of the eight make it to the UK. At least they all made it last year!

I'm glad we didn't buy the Neon and Ice Racers. Although the Carbons look great, they are just recycling the same old cars!

We only bought new cars and long time reissues last year. We'll do the same this year. This will be our last year of collecting them. It's an expensive hobby, very time consuming and you need a big house! We're struggling to tick any of those boxes!

Comment

said 4 pack are now down to 7.50!

Comment

1.43 carbon racer twin packs are in disney store, check the www, at 12.95

Comment

I'm right there with ya boogity!

http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/To_Protect_and_Serve

They have a director, a cast but no short/Toon...

The only way they're gonna stop serving up half baked products. Is if we stop buying them. To protect and Serve I couldn't say no to. But Neon Racers, Ice Racers, Carbon Racers and Carnival Cup Cars will never grace my collection.

As for the multi-packs they're clearly made to take advantage of the collectors. Nothing short of a slap in the face. It's not my fault you over produced Francesco and WGP McQ or whatever peg warmers they fill up the space in those boxes with. Just raising the price point on a new single. Dirty pool pure & simple. That being said they're gonna keep doing it no matter what we think or say. Best thing I can say is either wait for a clearance, buy 'em backdoor from China (taking your chances there...) Or wait a year or two til they come out as a single at a rational price.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                Back in 2011, when Cars 2 was about to hit the cinemas, Mattel withdrew the last few cases of the Final Lap style lenticular series from sale. WH Smith (stationers / newsagents / bookshop / etc) were the last major retailer in the UK to receive a significant shipment. All orders to other retailers were cancelled although there was a significant shipment (possibly 10,000 cases) in Mattel's main warehouse and distribution in England.

We started to collect Cars in early 2012. I joined a couple of chat boards shortly after. Hearing much criticism of Mattel's case contents and distribution, I decided to contact them myself. After a slow start, I started to build up a little bit of trust with Mattel UK. They were quite happy to feed me a lot of information (some which I was requested not to circulate widely due to business confidentiality).

They did confirm that the Final Lap situation was true, without divulging how many cases they were actually holding on to. It's actually possible that if there is a huge amount as has been suggested, then without the prospect of a significant 'mark-up' retailers have not been interested in taking the stock? Also, taking into account some fits and starts, there's never been a long enough period to effectively bombard the market with these cases!

If you consider that there are typically 1,800 - 2,000 singles cases in the UK and they sell through in about three - four weeks, then 10,000 cases is now five months worth of stocks! The UK market is just not big enough to sustain all the current product lines alongside that massive amount of extra stock! There could also be other Final Lap product lines too?

If the current Cars 2 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 stocks are exhausted around early 2017 in the UK, it would appear to be a good opportunity to 'fill the gap' until the Cars 3 launch (June 2017?) with the Final Lap stock!

That said, it's been suggested (if not confirmed) that Mattel have lost the merchandise rights to the Cars franchise and that it's moving to Hasbro (with other Disney products). If this is the case, I would guess that Mattel and Disney would have to come to some agreement over the disposal of any remaining stocks (without undermining the launch of Cars 3)?
                Very interesting, thanks for that!

Last year I was surprised how many 2012 cases turned up cheap in Australia and New Zealand Toyworld shops. Taia Dec etc was bountiful. I imagine Mattel Aus decided to clear their warehouse then.

Maybe Mattel UK could just drip feed the lenticular cases to one toy shop chain as its own line similar to neons/ice/silver etc.

Comment

Found the second case of 2015 2-Packs

DSC00446.jpg

They also had the Lost in Desert Van & Mini

This is the first 2015 2-Pack i have seen at retail in the UK, also the first time i have seen an international carded 2-Pack since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                    Found the second case of 2015 2-Packs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4485[/ATTACH]

They also had the Lost in Desert Van & Mini

This is the first 2015 2-Pack i have seen at retail in the UK, also the first time i have seen an international carded 2-Pack since 2012.
                    Mattel have tried to sell the double packs to retailers in the UK, but due to overstocks / over production of Race Team Mater & Zen Master Pitty from Cars 2, retailers have generally shied away from stocking them.

The only place I've seen them in recent years is Hamleys, Regent Street and they were a little more expensive than £11.99. At one stage along with deluxe they were £17.99. I think they were 'down' to £15.99 last time I looked in Hamleys? Bargain!

Comment

spotted this stuff in krakow in december

Comment

found a new range called power turners in asda, they look like 1.32 scale carbon racers with bigger back wheels found mcq and miq, no price as they were not on file
                        also found 1.55 carbon, they were priced wrongly as they came up as a barbie at 12.95!
                        found choke cables in tesco for 3 quid , never thought I,d see that
                        nought else

Comment

The last 2015 deluxe case (959Y) has just started to appear at ASDA.

They are priced at £10.97.

PIT CREW MEMBER MACK (Deluxe) - 2
                          UCCHI (Deluxe) - 1
                          LARRY CAMPER (Deluxe) - 1
                          BENNY BRAKEDRUM (Deluxe) - 1
                          TRENT CROW-TOW (with luggage trailer) - 1

They will also be available from TRU in due course.

The last 2015 singles case (963P) has been seen at Disney Stores, ASDA and now Toymaster.

There's probably not enough remaining to go around all supermarkets, so the first 2016 singles cases (S/T) might start to appear in late February?

Comment

have to search em out

Comment

Saw a new display in Asda today:

First of the 2016 Cars!

Not sure what I missed but glad to have picked up Andy Vaporlock:

Also got Andy G in the post today:

A great day's finds!

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                                Saw a new display in Asda today:

First of the 2016 Cars!

Not sure what I missed but glad to have picked up Andy Vaporlock:

Also got Andy G in the post today:

A great day's finds!

That looks to be the third case (US 988C). I would guess that it's possibly 963U in the UK/Europe?

Comment

Working...
                                X