Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogity View Post
    has anyone found any of the circus cars over here yet?
    No sir, well not yet anyway. That will only happen if a chain buys in US cases. This time last year Smyths toy store made such a move and Francesco Superchase's were being found. Then a while later Wilko's bought a batch of US cases and Luigi & Guido Superchases were available at last to long suffering British and Irish public! The whole Superchase thing sucks really. I want the new and upcoming deluxe release of Bud, an RV. But he is only being made as a deluxe Superchase so that puts a limit on availability because he will only be found in the U.S and the knock on effect of this sends the secondary market prices sky high. Meanwhile in the same case there will be 2 Macks that no one needs!

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
      No sir, well not yet anyway. That will only happen if a chain buys in US cases. This time last year Smyths toy store made such a move and Francesco Superchase's were being found. Then a while later Wilko's bought a batch of US cases and Luigi & Guido Superchases were available at last to long suffering British and Irish public! The whole Superchase thing sucks really. I want the new and upcoming deluxe release of Bud, an RV. But he is only being made as a deluxe Superchase so that puts a limit on availability because he will only be found in the U.S and the knock on effect of this sends the secondary market prices sky high. Meanwhile in the same case there will be 2 Macks that no one needs!
      Picked up super chase Francesco this year at Smyths, so some stragglers are still out there! Also, any sign of Trike Feldman over here?

Comment

From my understanding Trike was a no show in the U.K. And unless that particular assortment turns up somewhere like Home Bargains, B&M or the Range then I suspect there will be slim chance of finding him at retail. Don't give up hope completely though as in 2014 a number of the first wave of Cars 2 cases were appearing in Home Bargains and TRU. Cars like Prince Wheeliam and Becky Wheelin' were available again when before were very limited to Disney Stores and a handful of retailers.

Comment

spotted a nice us carded clip strip in sainsburys tonight,
          had the taxi, andrea, dexter, strip, etc, but at 6 quid gave them a miss
          asda living has cars down to 1.50, unfortunately there was only 5 left and not great, problem is that asda itself has them all at 4 quid
          tescos, only thing I spotted was a single ancient francesco! we.ll have to wait this toy re range! come onnnnnnnnnnn

ps congrats to the jackel on his big fight win on sat night, as i,ve said before... stand up for the ulsterman, think you,ll be seeing a lot of karl frampton in the states, roll on vegas and madison sq garden

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            From my understanding Trike was a no show in the U.K. And unless that particular assortment turns up somewhere like Home Bargains, B&M or the Range then I suspect there will be slim chance of finding him at retail. Don't give up hope completely though as in 2014 a number of the first wave of Cars 2 cases were appearing in Home Bargains and TRU. Cars like Prince Wheeliam and Becky Wheelin' were available again when before were very limited to Disney Stores and a handful of retailers.

We can only speculate why the super chase cases turned up in the UK last year. My guess (and that's all it is, a guess) is that the US is Mattel's biggest market and they need to keep to a timetable in order to get everything out. Given that the toy market is a bit volatile and the retailers' distribution can be inconsistent (it's not down to Mattel to distribute on behalf of major retailers like Walmart, TRU or Tesco), it shouldn't come as much surprise that the timetable (Mattel calls it programme) starts to slip. If the situation looks like getting out of hand, some 'unsold' cases are made available for sale in other countries. The UK has been a bit of a dumping ground for Mattel US (via Mattel Europe/UK) for years.

As the super chase cases were 'old' by the time they were offered (and accepted into the UK), they were probably at a significantly discounted price, hence the reason some bargain sellers got hold of them; not all those stores sold the cars so cheaply! The Entertainer sold (and continue to sell) 'old' US singles for Ł6.00 and double packs for Ł13 (although they are currently on sale for Ł9.75). It was telling that the double packs in The Entertainer were not selling at Ł13, when nearby TRU had the same double packs for Ł5 or less! All The Entertainer stores I've visited recently still have loads of double packs at a sale price of Ł9.75.

I'm not sure it's been reported, but TRU have the last 2015 deluxe case now. They are Ł12.99 each but they do price match ASDA (Ł10.97). Sainsburys and Toymaster have them for Ł13.

There's a new toy shop in Oxford Street, London (near Bond Street tube). It's called The Toy Shop!

They have cars (mostly damaged).

Singles are Ł7, Ice/Silver Racers Ł9, Carbon Racers Ł10 and Deluxe Ł14. Ouch! Over the road is Disney Store, significantly cheaper!

Hamleys have competition!

Comment

Originally posted by CarsCollector02 View Post
              After a months or so break from Cars hunting, I got out with my Mum yesterday to Lakeside to have a root around. Mostly 2015 mop ups. Stopped at Hamely's, Disney, Smyths and Asda, but still got a good little haul!
              Brett Warnewagen - Hamely's - Ł7
              Carnival Cup McQueen - Disney Store - Ł8 (Fair amount of other Carnivals that I will try and get later)
              Benny Brakedrum - Asda - Ł10.97
              Trent Crow Tow - Asda - Ł10.97
              Rescue Squad Trooper - Asda - Ł6
              Heavy Metal McQueen - Asda - Ł6
              Only need Paul Oikley to complete the Mike Fuse, Jay W. case, and need Ucchi, Larry and PCM Mack for the deluxe case! Also, no sign of neons ��
              The only sign of 2016's in my area is Carnivals, but the regular singles should soon follow!

Get yourself down to TRU or ASDA for those deluxe. Don't forget TRU do price match!

Comment

spotted a nice us carded clip strip in sainsburys tonight,
                had the taxi, andrea, dexter, strip, etc, but at 6 quid gave them a miss
                asda living has cars down to 1.50, unfortunately there was only 5 left and not great, problem is that asda itself has them all at 4 quid
                tescos, only thing I spotted was a single ancient francesco! we.ll have to wait this toy re range! come onnnnnnnnnnn

ps congrats to the jackel on his big fight win on sat night, as i,ve said before... stand up for the ulsterman, think you,ll be seeing a lot of karl frampton in the states, roll on vegas and madison sq garden

It has been reported that due to computer glitch, some ASDA were selling singles for Ł2!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                  Get yourself down to TRU or ASDA for those deluxe. Don't forget TRU do price match!
                  Yeah, I have seen lots of deluxes at Asda, and I haven't been to a TRU for a while now so I will definitely check!

Comment

tesco, found case r on my way out of work today in a cage, thats the one with the red citroen van

asda, have carbon at a fiver

little else in both shops

Comment

thats three case r.s in three seperate tescos
                      also found deluxe in one of the tescos, reduced to clear for 2 quid, 3 left so got another rv, doc and red, couldnt really leave them there could I?
                      Sainsbury would appear to be redoing planogarams and there was no stock, but deluxes were 13 quid
                      nought new in home bargains

Comment

I found the following case W1938-979A (2835EAA) in ASDA ...

WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 3
                        MIGUEL CAMINO - 1
                        LEWIS HAMILTON - 1
                        MAX SCHNELL - 1
                        MATER - 2
                        LUIGI & GUIDO - 1
                        NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
                        CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 1
                        SARGE - 1
                        LIGHTNING McQUEEN (No. 95) - 2
                        STRIP WEATHERS (THE KING No. 43) - 1
                        JAMES CLEANAIR (VITOLINE No. 61) - 1
                        LIGHTNING RAMONE - 1
                        SNOT ROD - 1
                        DJ - 1
                        SHERIFF - 1
                        TIMOTHY TWOSTROKE - 1
                        OTIS - 1
                        SUKI - 1
                        FINN McMISSILE - 1

Also the third case (959P?) found briefly in ASDA in the endcap has been found in Morrison. It would appear that there are more than one case in the endcap as I found three of many of the cars (where there was supposed to be one in a case).

Tesco appear to have dropped Cars altogether!

All in all, I bought 22 cars tonight! The biggest one day haul for me, ever!

Comment

22! Congratulations Nigel!

Comment

Wow - 22 Cars in one day is a lot! Congratulations, Nigel!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

22 cars in one day would get be put out of the house so to speak!

Comment

22 cars in one day would get be put out of the house so to speak!
                                I did have to sneak them in!

(Along with some shopping) (Coughs)

I have visited a few more stores on my travels.

ASDA - They appear to have a combination of 2016 959N and now 979A cases.

Sainsburys - Those that have had a recent delivery, have had the 959N case. Will they follow ASDA and get 979A too? I never saw the end-cap in ASDA, but we know it was the third case (959P or ????)

Morrisons - They've had a combination of their version of the end-cap. All the stores I saw this in confirmed they had three cases plus some also had the 959N case too!

Tesco - Nearly all the stores had no cars (or placeholders / tickets) whatsoever. It looks for the moment, like they have dropped Cars!? Can someone find out officially?

Toymaster - Not much at all.

Argos - Not much at all.

Wilko - Starting to get Jay W. case!

Comment

Working...
                                X