No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen the first 2016 case at Wilko today, bought James Cleanair, also still got 2014 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
      I have seen the first 2016 case at Wilko today, bought James Cleanair, also still got 2014 cars.
      The first case (979A) has now appeared at ASDA, Wilko and Sainsburys. I've seen this case (or the remnants of it) at six Sainsburys in my local area. Luckily one of them still had James Cleanair.

With three other cars purchased, that takes the weekly cars count to different 31 cars!

As Mattel failed to release Rip Clutchgoneski as a single in Cars 2 (2011-2012), it's the first time all eleven World Grand Prix racers have been released as singles in the same year, we've decided to collect all of them this year.

Mattel even allocated a number (36), SKN (US W6676) (Int X6876) and a US barcode for him (7 46775 06826 4) in 2012.

Nine of them have been released already and we're only on the third case! Nine of the Piston Cup singles have also been released in the UK too!

In total, 47 singles have been released in the UK so far from the first three cases!

The breakdown of Cars singles being released per case is as follows:

979A - 20
      959N - 15
      Third - 12
      Fourth - 9
      Fifth - 4
      Sixth - 4
      Seventh - 1

Eighth to Twelfth - 21 (maximum)*

Possible number of singles in 2016 - 86*

* Maybe slightly less if some turn put to be deluxe or double packs.

At the moment, there are 11 known deluxe and ten known double packs.

Eight Colour Changers have been released in the UK in 2016, three additional ones compared to the five before.

Lightning McQueen, Doc Hudson, Wingo, Brand New Mater, Boost, Ramone, Sheriff and WGP Lightning McQueen.

There have been seven Carbon Racers and five Carnival Racers released so far.

Comment

the belfast boys are back in town, remember that edjut ru5ty ,well he,s back and .........fire,
        texted me that he found and planked an andy vaporlock down in tesco,s, drove down a few hours later and low and behold there was an andy hidden behind pokemon tins................ come to papa.
        had been a bit worried as its paddys day and the shop was busy and I reckon the rest of the stuff would have sold too, but it hadnt

think I would have missed the cars as they were low down on the bottom shelf and in the corner of the first bay, but not our ru5ty!!!!

reminds me of the brian park motors find, but thats another story

Comment

and its about time he got back on pcd

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            the belfast boys are back in town, remember that edjut ru5ty ,well he,s back and .........fire,
            texted me that he found and planked an andy vaporlock down in tesco,s, drove down a few hours later and low and behold there was an andy hidden behind pokemon tins................ come to papa.
            had been a bit worried as its paddys day and the shop was busy and I reckon the rest of the stuff would have sold too, but it hadnt

think I would have missed the cars as they were low down on the bottom shelf and in the corner of the first bay, but not our ru5ty!!!!

reminds me of the brian park motors find, but thats another story

Welcome back ru5ty and boogity! I love the story and the way you put it!

(It was a laugh so much - fall off chair moment - Ouch)!!!!

Also, welcome Tesco back to the party!

Comment

ru5sy continues to lurk, doesnt see the point on coming back on board as long as has me to chase about!
              got himself a new car the other week, and somebody swiped his rear number plate!

Comment

ru5ty found cad spinner in asda at 4 quid, first time there has been any new planes for a while I believe

Comment

This made me laugh the amount of times of hidden cars in different aisles and then gone back to see if they are still there, why is it even though I dont by the sodding cars anymore... whenever I am in a shop with a toy department or aisle I always go and look to see what they have! its not even like im not busy enough with life, I have loads going on!!!

Its like the damn cars have some kind of hold over me (that I cant kick off)!!! I cant believe the amount of new cars im seeing out there, everywhere I go they have new cases!!! As an experiment I even put all the good ones to the front and then came back the next week to see if they were still there. And they were!!! I then went back two and three weeks later and the same amount of cars are still there.

My wife thinks im nuts but I suppose thats just a normal tag for any husband!!! I think the cars hype has finally stopped for now, that is until Cars 3 is aired.

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
                    This made me laugh the amount of times of hidden cars in different aisles and then gone back to see if they are still there, why is it even though I dont by the sodding cars anymore... whenever I am in a shop with a toy department or aisle I always go and look to see what they have! its not even like im not busy enough with life, I have loads going on!!!

Its like the damn cars have some kind of hold over me (that I cant kick off)!!! I cant believe the amount of new cars im seeing out there, everywhere I go they have new cases!!! As an experiment I even put all the good ones to the front and then came back the next week to see if they were still there. And they were!!! I then went back two and three weeks later and the same amount of cars are still there.

My wife thinks im nuts but I suppose thats just a normal tag for any husband!!! I think the cars hype has finally stopped for now, that is until Cars 3 is aired.

I think you're right. My wife, who was the one who actually started collecting Cars before me, thinks I'm mad (for a number of reasons which we won't go into on here)!

From my own observations, it does vary from location to location and store to store, whether cars get sold quickly. If collectors and casual collectors get used to a store not having them for ages, it can take some time for them to clear. However, some stores that get regular replenishments of stock, will sell through quickly. There was a small Sainsburys where I used to work. They got a case of cars a week! They put shame on the nearby superstore!

I'm probably going to stop collecting when the 2016 series are complete. If the Radiator Springs Classic series continues, I will still collect new stuff, but buying 100s or 1,000s more cars, filling up our small house is a big no no! Mattel are sure to ramp the prices up for Cars 3 too!

I'll still look around like Madbob. The cars obsession is well and truly engrained in me by now.

Comment

• Found andy vaporlock and mood springs today in tesco, anyone know the case contents of this assortment, I'm wondering if I missed anything good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                        Found andy vaporlock and mood springs today in tesco, anyone know the case contents of this assortment, I'm wondering if I missed anything good?

Here are the contents. The only other new car in the case is Artist Ramone.

2016 Cars Case C
                        (3) Crusin' Lightning
                        (1) Max Schnell
                        (2) Mater
                        (1) Luigi/Guido
                        (1) Carla Veloso
                        (1) Andy Vaporlock
                        (1) Artist Ramone
                        (1) Francesco Bernoulli
                        (1) Giuseppe Motorosi
                        (1) Lightning McQueen
                        (1) The King
                        (1) Aiken Axler (Nitroade #28)
                        (1) Billy Oilchanger (Octane Gain #58)
                        (1) Chuck Armstrong (Mood Springs #33)
                        (1) DJ
                        (1) Tex Dinoco
                        (1) Jonathan Wrenchworths
                        (1) Lightning McQueen w/ Sign
                        (1) Mario Andretti
                        (1) Otis
                        (1) Kabuto
                        Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

• tesco, spotted a nice 1.32 radio controlled mcq at a tenner in the toy sale,quite nice too, in fact it might be good when I take a mcq on holiday with me for photos

Comment

• Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
                            Here are the contents. The only other new car in the case is Artist Ramone.

2016 Cars Case C
                            (3) Crusin' Lightning
                            (1) Max Schnell
                            (2) Mater
                            (1) Luigi/Guido
                            (1) Carla Veloso
                            (1) Andy Vaporlock
                            (1) Artist Ramone
                            (1) Francesco Bernoulli
                            (1) Giuseppe Motorosi
                            (1) Lightning McQueen
                            (1) The King
                            (1) Aiken Axler (Nitroade #28)
                            (1) Billy Oilchanger (Octane Gain #58)
                            (1) Chuck Armstrong (Mood Springs #33)
                            (1) DJ
                            (1) Tex Dinoco
                            (1) Jonathan Wrenchworths
                            (1) Lightning McQueen w/ Sign
                            (1) Mario Andretti
                            (1) Otis
                            (1) Kabuto

Internationally that's known as the W1938-959P CASE. It's been found at ASDA, Morrisons and Tesco.
                            Last edited by niftynigel; 03-27-2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Morrisons is defintely the place to find new cars at the moment. In addition to the end-cap display case (959P) and the preceeding case (959N), yet another new case has been seen there!

It's the W1938-959L (3525EAA)

MIGUEL CAMINO - 1
                              MATER - 2
                              RAOUL CaROULE - 1
                              CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                              SARGE - 1
                              SEDANYA OSKANIAN - 1
                              BRAKE BOYD - 1
                              JUSTIN PARTSON - 1
                              STEFAN GREMSKY - 1
                              RIP CLUTCHGONESKI - 1
                              LIGHTNING McQUEEN (No. 95) - 2
                              STRIP WEATHERS (THE KING No. 43) - 1
                              EUGENE CARBURESKI (TANK COAT No. 36) - 1
                              FABULOUS HUDSON HORNET - 1
                              SNOT ROD - 1
                              WINGO - 1
                              SHERIFF - 1
                              FRED (Resized) - 1
                              PATTI - 1
                              GALLOPING GEARGRINDER - 1
                              FINN McMISSILE - 1

That's the same contents as the 988D case in the US.

Comment

• Thanks rccars5 and Nigel, looks like I will need to track down that new case as it has lots of new cars! Shame my local morrisons doesn't sell toys!

Comment

Working...
                                X