Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016 Finds - Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    What are the road trip singles trailer sets that were mentioned above somewhere? I never found that asda mater the greater set either so I'm worried that may have been and gone now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the feeling I get sometimes, but ASDA are a bit of a mystery. They get a few in stock (at a few stores) then nothing! Then, almost as if they forget they had these (stashed away) loads of them suddenly appear all over the place!

I haven't seen any of them in any my nearest ASDA stores, indeed 2016 has been a pretty lousy year for ASDA in my area. I've got 12 Morrisons within ten miles. I was reading all these reports about cases coming one after the other, nothing for weeks, then hey presto, all my local stores got the 959W case in!

I'd already bought the cars at Hamleys at £8 each. I took three old/spare cars back and got a refund. The lady then took the £8 stickers off and re-priced them £10 in front of my eyes! Any feelings of guilt at getting my money back, quickly evaporated!

Comment

• well fair play to ye for paying 8 quid for them in the first place,

Comment

• Well, after no joy in any of our local Asda stores for months, found 2 mater the greater sets on the shelf in the fareham branch today (though they are £16.97)

Comment

• that price does suck

but with the current exchange rate of the pound that is only slightly higher (about $2 more ) than it costs in the USA

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
          Well, after no joy in any of our local Asda stores for months, found 2 mater the greater sets on the shelf in the fareham branch today (though they are £16.97)

Comment

• So they are about $18 in the US then - prices must be going up across the board! When I was in the states last year, singles were only $3.47 in Walmart at regular price (I thought that was crazy cheap compared to UK!)

Comment

• yes the 3 packs went up a while back and are around $18 with the tax
              and the regular singles did go up to around $4.25 with the tax
              the carbons, road trips, ice, carnival and neon singles are about $6 with the tax
              and the road trips with trailers are about $11 with tax

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
              So they are about $18 in the US then - prices must be going up across the board! When I was in the states last year, singles were only $3.47 in Walmart at regular price (I thought that was crazy cheap compared to UK!)

Comment

• found austin lilleton in tesco, in unopened box on top shelf in tesco, think it was box q with the funny coloured holley and mater with baloon, prices down to 4.50

prices back up in sainsbury, still no new stock

Comment

• smyths, found widetrack, brad and darla, 5.99 unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                    smyths, found widetrack, brad and darla, 5.99 unfortunately
                    Great finds, boogity... I think we're probably at the point where retailers are going to try to keep prices high in advance of the Christmas season...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found remains of case U in Tesco today.

Comment

• Found case w in sainsburys yesterday, was able to pick up brad (£6) but widetrack and darla were both already gone. It was a shame as it looked like they were the only ones missing from a full case fresh out.

Comment

• nothing recently, but did get the 2016 f1 ferrari for 10.95, so thats me up to date 1949 to 2016

on the subject of f1, hamilton needs some luck to beat that finnish/german/monoco based rosbore(g) hope he takes him and knocks the grin off wolf and herr lauda

after brazil my new hero is maxi

Comment

• found case u in tescos today, got shoesteer, japeth, and max schnells pity,
                            most pleased as toys are 3 for 2 over t,weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              found case u in tescos today, got shoesteer, japeth, and max schnells pity,
                              most pleased as toys are 3 for 2 over t,weekend
                              Awesome finds, boogity! I've yet to find those in a store... Congratulations on finding them at a great price as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Case 959Y is now available in UK.

Contents:
                                LMQ x2
                                Mater
                                Bob Pulley
                                Artist Ramone
                                Mater with Balloon
                                Tex
                                Timothy Twostroke
                                Brad Winmiler
                                Wingo