Recent Finds - 2016 Store Finds and Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice find, jestrjef!
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

• Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
      Found my first "NEW" deluxe in what seems like years. TRU got in Finn with Breather. Almost missed him ... but then noticed the picture and the breather during my double take. Would have left him if it were not for the 20% off cars sale going on right now! Probably still should have left him at the TRU sale price as it is still higher than walmart! lol
      Great find, jestrjef! I'm buying what is new when I see it... Case assortments are causing stores to get stuck with pegwarmers and they are canceling orders.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        Great find, jestrjef! I'm buying what is new when I see it... Case assortments are causing stores to get stuck with pegwarmers and they are canceling orders.

That's exactly what it's like in the UK at the moment.

The 4th 2016 case (959L) was first seen in the first week of April. That's nearly 3 1/2 months since the last new case. There were a few of the 5th case (959Q/998Q) seen at the beginning of May. They were so limited, none appeared on eBay!

Just to put eBay in context. A few weeks ago, our national record store (HMV) had a vinyl week. There were a few exclusive to HMV (in the UK) limited edition vinyl albums. One album, marble coloured Deep Purple in Rock (Harvest label) was limited to 1,000 copies. I found 391 of them on eBay! Over 200 of them appeared on eBay within a couple of hours of them going on sale! The store price was Ł19.99. Those being sold on eBay were going for around Ł50-60. They were strictly limited to one per customer!

I went to two HMV stores (lucky dip) and both reported that just about all limited editions had sold within around 10-15 minutes of opening! My wife picked a copy up at first attempt!

Comment

• Great analogy, niftynigel... Glad to see that your wife picked up a copy of the Deep Purple in Rock album for you... I still have several albums on vinyl from way back in the day...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Went on a cars hunt around town and found a freshly stocked Toys R Us. I picked up a Timothy Timezone and One eyed Mater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
              Went on a cars hunt around town and found a freshly stocked Toys R Us. I picked up a Timothy Timezone and One eyed Mater.

9.99 geeze toys r us is out of their minds!

Comment

• Cars are more expensive in other countries, DraculaMater123... That $9.99 is in Australian dollars which converts to $7.57 in US dollars - still more expensive than the US, but cheaper than eBay plus shipping or the newly over-inflated Amazon prices.

I found Road Trip singles at central Indiana Walmart stores yesterday... I'll add photos later.

Comment

• According to Brickseek, several Walmart stores in southwest Ohio had the Road Trip trailer sets in stock... I planned my route and headed east... First store had just the Ramone and McQueen sets... The next 5 didn't have them... I was able to get employees to check via UPC at 2 of the 5 stores... Not in stock... I headed back home and stopped at what would have been my first store had I gone south first... Found a fully stocked sidekick and got the Mater sets I needed... Ended up buying myself 2 Mater, 1 Ramone, and 1 McQueen sets - McQueen is going to be the pegwarmer.

Store 7:

Back of Mater set:

Back of McQueen and Ramone sets:

Store 1 finds:

Hot Wheels Ford Performance set - found at 1 Walmart - I left them yesterday:

170 mile road trip... I did not stop at any Target, Meijer, or TRU stores... I could have... but only stopped at Walmart stores.

Comment

• Went to the local Walmart during lunch today... bought Road Trip Fillmore and Sarge - need another Sally but they were out.

Also found Michael Sparkber and Jesse Haullander - bought Michael.

Comment

• I went to southern Indiana Sunday morning to work on my mother-in-law's laptop... stopped at 4 stores on the way down and 0 on the way back...

I saw the new TRU 5 pack at an Indianapolis store... I really thought I was going to buy it... but I didn't.

One Walmart of 2 had a full set of the Road Trip singles... the other had no Road Trip merchandise... no sign of anything new at either Walmart.

The one Target I stopped at had the Radiator Springs 11 pack with Lizzie and her radio but I didn't buy it.

Where are the new Cars?

Comment

• Finally found a Bob pulley in my local Walmart image.jpg

Comment

• I have found the following in stores:

Lightning McQueen, Mater, Ramone all with Road Trip Trailors (only bought McQueen. More interested in when Fillmore and Sarge get release with trailer)
                          Dr Mater with mask up
                          Carburetor County Mike 07/ DD 05 and Lightning McQueen 3 pack
                          Mater w/ allinol cans with 2 japanese pitty

Comment

• Melbourne Targets have Deluxe Case E

I relented and got Finn with breather even though I really don't need another underwater Finn! I also got the small Fred even though I have the larger one.

Both purchases I wouldn't of bought if not for being addicted to buying cars and not having bought one for a few months!

I now have had the pleasure of leaving Frank and Bessie on the pegs!

Comment

• I didn't pick up any but recently saw the precision series at a local TRU in Ontario Canada. Currently in Quebec Canada and spotted them at Wal-Mart

That translates to about 11.55 usd.

Transformers for Trade
                              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• image.jpgimage.jpg
                                My Friday finds..
                                Just late posting it..

Comment

Working...
                                X