Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cac1959
    replied
    Stopped at several stores in the Indianapolis area earlier today.... my best finds were at the 3rd Target I stopped at.

At the second Walmart I stopped at I found Vic Vanley- the first time I have seen Vic in a store.

I also found the Hot Wheels Ghostbusters singles

I also saw Road Trip Cars that did not have the Daredevil Garage

No sign of Back in Time at either of the 2 TRU stores I stopped at.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    I see that the daredevil garage snipe has been removed from the carnival racers card
    Yes, the cards look a lot better without the Daredevil Garage snipe... I probably should have bought the new Jeff Gorvette single to get one without the snipe... except I'll probably open a 4 pack to get Jeff.

I'll be checking a few stores in the Indianapolis area tomorrow - maybe I can find more.

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    I see that the daredevil garage snipe has been removed from the carnival racers card

Leave a comment:

• RCcars5
    replied
    Great finds, cac1959!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Made a trip up to Muncie last night to eat dinner at the Outback Steakhouse... checked out a few stores after eating... here's what I bought:

I bought the Carnival Cup racers at Target - was able to use the 30% off Cartwheel coupon on toys... they had 13 Transforming McQueen singles on the pegs - I left them all.
    I found Coriander Widetrack at a Walmart store.

Toys R US had 2 unopened Radiator Springs Classics cases on the top shelf... I was hopeful that they'd have the Back in Time case... but after retrieving them and opening them up for me they contained 3 each of the Radiator Springs Flashback and Crusin Radiator Springs sets... the Cars section is less than 6 feet wide at this TRU store.

Found old pegwarmers (singles and Deluxe) at Carson's.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Our 2 youngest grandchildren spent the weekend with us... I gave our grandson some of my used Cars to take home so he could play with them at home... My wife and I then made what was going to be a quick trip to Dayton so I could pick up the Radiator Springs Gift Pack with Lizzie's radio which was a Cartwheel 50% off purchase today only, in-store only... Brickseek showed the nearest one had 7 in stock... we stopped and no sign of it... even though their store price checking system showed it was in the stockroom... decided to go to the next one 16 miles away and not in toys... but on the counter in electronics:

I got one which was the limit.

Checked the ToysRUS store looking for the new Back in Time 3 pack but they didn't have it... and now Cars is down to 1/3 of an aisle.

Went to eat dinner at Red Robin - no one there... there was a sign in the door that they were closed for renovations... Really? On a Sunday late afternoon?

Headed back home and went to the Red Robin closest to home... got a good meal and found out the other restaurant was closed due to a fire that broke out Friday afternoon... told my wife I wanted to check the Walmart in the area... found this on the pegs:

Bud!

Decided not to check any more stores and headed home... today's purchases:

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    The good news: Meijer has cut the price of Cars singles from $3.99 to $3.79.

The bad news: they still have just a few pegwarmers from a 2015 singles case as well as the Alberto/Geartrude case from 2013... sigh...

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by Homercleez View Post
    I haven't spotted them yet but Carbon Frostys have been found in Target.
    Awesome news, Homercleez! Thank you for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• Homercleez
    replied
    I haven't spotted them yet but Carbon Frostys have been found in Target.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I took part in a 5K walk/run on Saturday morning... Saturday afternoon I decided to make a Cars run to Dayton... I bought 1 each of the 5 Movie Moments singles with signs at the Kroger Marketplace I went to...

I'd already bought a Dexter Hoover with Cones and a Tow Cap but thought I better buy the Piston Cup Racers while I saw them as opposed to paying more for them later.

I found and left these at the O'Reilly Auto Parts I stopped at:

At $5.99 each they have to be Super Chase Cars or Cars I don't have.

Absolutely nothing new or worth buying at 3 Walmart and 1 Target... and while I intended to go towards the southern part of Dayton and then towards Cincinnati, my legs started hurting from the 5K and I decided I'd go home.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    TJ Maxx and Marshalls recent store finds:

Sharpes and variant Ryker:

Ice Racer Francesco single:

Glue problem causing the blister to separate from the cardboard... but since I haven't opened any Ice Racers yet that won't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Chantilly Lady
    replied
    Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    Awesome find, Chantilly Lady! Congratulations! I'm hoping to find Bud sometime.

I found new Color Changers at the local Meijer over the weekend... I do not collect them so I did not buy them.

I may buy a Color Changer some time for our 3 year old grandson to play with in the bathtub.

No sign of any new Cars in stores in Indiana or Ohio... stores are stuck with singles pegwarmers left over from the Mater with Balloon case or Deluxe from the Studs McGirdle case.
    The color changers we have had in the past have been somewhat of a disappointment as they eventually fade and do not change colors anymore.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantilly Lady View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4582[/ATTACH] Found these in Bremen GA Walmart
    Awesome find, Chantilly Lady! Congratulations! I'm hoping to find Bud sometime.

I found new Color Changers at the local Meijer over the weekend... I do not collect them so I did not buy them.

I may buy a Color Changer some time for our 3 year old grandson to play with in the bathtub.

No sign of any new Cars in stores in Indiana or Ohio... stores are stuck with singles pegwarmers left over from the Mater with Balloon case or Deluxe from the Studs McGirdle case.

Leave a comment:

• Chantilly Lady
    replied
    bud.jpg Found these in Bremen GA Walmart

Leave a comment:

• Chantilly Lady
    replied
    We recently found the Bud Superchase at the "hot" Walmart. Hubby and son just called to say they were at the same Walmart and found 6 Superchase Buds and asked if they should buy them all. I said YES, lol. Will be looking for trading opportunities.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X