Recent Finds - 2016 Trades and Online Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Here are my latest gets, both have glued blisters and no tape on the cards whatsoever. I was surprised how purple Holly really is, completely different to previous releases, more of a solid purple than metallic. Also I noticed the card and art are not as glossy as usual. Is this a new thing for 2016 where Mattel save money by printing lower resolution images on the cards? Any one else noticed this?

No Tape
    In Australia that same case when it first surfaced had no tape but later in the month the same case appeared with tape holdong the blister on and not just one or two in the case, the whole case!! But ive found a car from the next case that does not have tape on it but only one from that case and its still early days yet, hopefully theyve fixed the problem and not by taping the blisters on.

Comment

I saw these new 3 packs in Tru today, only the 2 sets: Cruisin and Flashback. No singles but hopefully this is a sign they are on there way!

Comment

I saw these new 3 packs in Tru today, only the 2 sets: Cruisin and Flashback. No singles but hopefully this is a sign they are on there way!

Excellent too see vandance... my tru was getting a delivery today, so looks like me and the cash card are doing some shopping lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
          Excellent too see vandance... my tru was getting a delivery today, so looks like me and the cash card are doing some shopping lol

Go for it! I already had the three cars in both box sets but what the heck! Looking forward to the new R.S.C singles now...!
          Last edited by VANDANCE; 05-12-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Go for it! I already had the three cars in both box sets but what the heck! Looking forward to the new R.S.C singles now...!
            Lol...didn't get to tru today, pencilled in for tomorrow tho lol..
            I'm in the same boat, I only need Derek. Ebay has him for Ł8.50 but that wee box is to delightful. After all this deliberation what's the odds my local doesn't even get this set lol

Comment

Thanks for the advanced warning! I popped down to my nearest TRU superstore on my way home from work this evening and got one of each. The store said that they only got one case* of these along with some more of the previous 3-Car RS Classic packs. There were six of the latest two 3-Car Packs, five of the Flashback to Radiator Springs and only one Cruisin' Radiator Springs! Why? Mattel! Why? * They will be getting more!

The store also got some more of the previous RS Classic singles (with Leroy Traffik). They said they had some more out the back (but there was no one to go out and get them), so the new 2016 cardback RS Classic singles may well have arrived too?

Comment

We should be continuing this conversation on the latest UK finds thread ...

Comment

eBay purchase arrived on Monday...

I was glad to see that only Jesse had tape - Jerome Amped and Michael Sparkber did not... now to find another one of each to open.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Got a couple of Amazon packages the last few days... Michael Sparkber and Jesse Haullander singles came poorly packed... Dan/Kim 2 pack came poorly packed... but believe it or not, Artie/Kim 2 pack came packed very well - I now have my carded version... from Amazon no less.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Recent Finds - 2016 Trades and Online Purchases

As you all might or might not know I'm a bit of s noob to this cars world so anything I get is new to me but old news to the rest. Anyways here are a few new additions and what I think are 3 gems that I found all at a bargain price (well I hope they were).

Please let me know if I was correct or not. Also is there a difference in year releases for the RS background piston cup racers (RPM)and the Piston cup arena background (Sputter Stop, Transberry Juice, View Zeen)?

Comment

Great score... they're always new if you don't already have them, that's what I think. Those racers (transberry, view zeen & sputter stop) they were part of the kmart day 1 promotion. RPM I think came next, not sure but I'm sure Chris or frank could give you better background to the rest.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...l-in-the-Cards

Nice haul Homercleez!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post

Nice haul Homercleez!
                            Thanks for pointing out the article link, GotFrank! Looks like I need to update the article once again to include the 2014, 2015, and 2016 cardbacks.

Fantastic additions, Homercleez! Those are a great trip back Cars memory lane.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post

Nice haul Homercleez!
                              Thanks for that gotfrank all clear now[emoji51][emoji1303]

Comment

Picked these up on eBay for cheap. image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X