No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over in sorrento for our hols, found very little of note. nice burago ferrari roma and the only cars item I got was a dinoco king off a cars kids mag at 5 euros,, actually that pretty good , found those wee mini cars in a cone shaped box, but at 16 euro gave ,em a wide birth
    only saw one real ferrari and 1 lambo , however saw tons of wee original fiat 500s , pure class the lot of of ,em
    keeping my powder dry til le,mans next month, shall report back and hopefully I,ll see a ferrari win...... then it be the 1.18 version of it sometime, may start saving now

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
      Thanks Chris, yes shocked to get a $uper treasure hunt. It was hot wheels collecting that sparked my cars collecting. I collect both to this day. Mattel certainly had their monies worth from me!! Although prices have skyrocketed since I started hot wheels collecting in 1998. I used to pay 75p for a single hot wheels, now £2.30 per vehicle, some places cheaper, some even more expensive! Cars were £2.99 back in the day in 2006, fast forward to 2023, and you won’t get much change out of £10. There are discount stores that sell cheaper but my point is it’s not a cheap hobby anymore. However, if you enjoy it, it doesn’t matter about the cost, it’s the thrill of the chase and the enjoyment of striving to complete your collection.
      the thrill of the chase... thats what it all about... you sound like that edjut up the avenue.... ru5ty... remember him

Comment

• just spotted some cracker new stuff on the b and m site, , cant remember the names , the big dragster was one , one called jeremy....sheriff mcqueen

Comment

• cac1959
          cac1959 commented
          Editing a comment
          These sound like great Cars, boogity... not sure if these are from case CH or CJ... I'll have to check the B&M website.

• great arrival today schuco 1.18th metal lightning mcqueen, absolutely superb, really heavy, used ck models in germany, had to post thru ireland because of brexit

Comment

• the 9 pack salt fever set is down to 19.99 in smtyhs , it on clearance , the lad reckons it may come down even further, so i,ll keep me receipt, mind that lad a bit full of it when it comes til cars , peggy liner , what a car

Comment

• cac1959
            cac1959 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great finds, boogity... glad to hear the Salft Flats set is marked down at Smyth's... while others have found it at a consolidator (Ross) in the US, I have checked 3 Ross stores (all are 60 miles or further from my home) and have yet to find it... that 1:18 McQueen that you mentioned in your previous post sounds like a great Car.

• Per boogity's post on June 4, here's a link from the B&M site that shows the new Cars he was referring to:

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/...ssorted-336724

Let us know when you find them in stores.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• FYI - someone from the UK posted on Facebook that they found the Cars case CG singles at B&M earlier today, June 7, 2023... and has anyone found the D100 Crusin McQueen at Smyth's?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              FYI - someone from the UK posted on Facebook that they found the Cars case CG singles at B&M earlier today, June 7, 2023... and has anyone found the D100 Crusin McQueen at Smyth's?
              I found Case G in B&M yesterday aswell. I also looked in Smyths but no sign of the D100 Crusin McQueen unfortunately but the cars are on offer 3 for 2. I hope Faregame gets another release in a later case as I missed that case

Comment

• cac1959
                cac1959 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations on your great find, Justin!

• well they not 3 for 2 in ours yesterday

Comment

• Great finds guys and glad to hear lots of new
                Cars being found out there. I also hit B&M yesterday and bamm!!! Found Road Rumbler LMQ, very nice!! Plus Finn McM re-release and Pittystoposorus. Not sure what case that is? but I'm liking finding new castings at great prices! Anyone heard from Nigel since the West Ham game??!! I always support English teams abroad and good to see them lift the cup! Man City's turn tmrw!!
                Last edited by VANDANCE; 06-09-2023, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• cac1959
                  cac1959 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great finds, VANDANCE - congratulations!

I am falling further and further behind...

• Cheers Vandance!

Some great Cars being found in the UK. Long may that continue!

It was a memorable trip to Prague! That now ranks as the greatest sporting event that I have attended. Previously, it was seeing Harlequins win the Rugby Premiership for the first time in 2012.

All bleary eyed - I hadn't slept since Monday night - I went to my local(ish) B&M on Thursday afternoon after I got back home. No Cars at the moment and haven't had any for a few months (after having had loads of them on a regular basis). I might venture out there again over the weekend.

As Smyths are clearing out with a 3 for 2 sale, I guess they might have a new case soon. If they get the D100 McQueen, it might be in conjunction with a new case?

Totally agree with you, we'll all be supporting Man. City tomorrow. Given that Arsenal threw all their eggs in their failed Premier League bid, it was shame that they didn't take the Europa League seriously, otherwise England may have had a clean sweep of the three UEFA trophies!

Comment

• Tried another B&M yesterday, they had a new case. Picked up Kelly Beambright, Tokyo Mater, another Road Rumbler LMQ and Paul Conrev. I’m really surprised by the amount of new cars coming out at the minute, it’s just like the god old days!

Comment

• cac1959
                    cac1959 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations! When new Cars come out at a rapid rate it does take us back to the good old days.

• I popped into my local(ish) B&M today. They had a fresh case, only a couple missing. I picked up Pitstoposaurus, Kelly Beambright and Road Rumbler Lightning McQueen. All £3.99.

Comment

• cac1959
                    cac1959 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great finds, niftynigel! Congratulations!

• Nice finds Nigel! Look forward to seeing more of the on the road releases soon

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    Cheers Vandance!

Some great Cars being found in the UK. Long may that continue!

It was a memorable trip to Prague! That now ranks as the greatest sporting event that I have attended. Previously, it was seeing Harlequins win the Rugby Premiership for the first time in 2012.

All bleary eyed - I hadn't slept since Monday night - I went to my local(ish) B&M on Thursday afternoon after I got back home. No Cars at the moment and haven't had any for a few months (after having had loads of them on a regular basis). I might venture out there again over the weekend.

As Smyths are clearing out with a 3 for 2 sale, I guess they might have a new case soon. If they get the D100 McQueen, it might be in conjunction with a new case?

Totally agree with you, we'll all be supporting Man. City tomorrow. Given that Arsenal threw all their eggs in their failed Premier League bid, it was shame that they didn't take the Europa League seriously, otherwise England may have had a clean sweep of the three UEFA trophies!

aye congtrats on that result nifty, great result for ye, saw a few lads being interviewed before the game, they didnt have talk tripe, so clearly none were you!!!
                    our friend andy ditty, a life long hammers fan who sadly died of motor neurone a few years ago,i,ll bet he was there with you all in spirit

Comment

Working...
                    X