Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars are 7 quid in tesco and blind boxes are 3, something wrong here

Comment

• I hope this works, a list of recent (2020 cardback cases, US and UK compared).

It looks like case 963L is probably Euro-wide as it's been available at Hamleys, Smyths and Morrisons and has the same contents as US 946A.

Case 946B has only been found at Smyths and is identical to Disney 20A. This would appear to be UK exclusive.

Case 946C has only been found at Smyths so far. Again it would appear to be a UK exclusive assortment.

Datestamps:

958Q/18A (M20A),
      958R (M22A),
      958T (M25A),
      958S/19A (M30A),
      962B/20A (M36A),
      946A/963L (M39A),
      946C (M41A),
      21A (M42A),
      962C (M44A),
      946D (M47A)

US UK Disney Store (UK)
      958Q Disney 18A
      958R
      958S Disney 19A
      958T
      962B Disney 20A
      946A 963L
      Disney 21A
      946C
      962C
      946D
      946E
      946G
      Last edited by niftynigel; 02-07-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Great details, niftynigel! Thank you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• found mood springs micro racer in tesco, pretty nice, bought the no 10 car from demolition derby , the name escapes me, think it no 39, anyone got the latest codes, seem to be up to mid 40s

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
            found mood springs micro racer in tesco, pretty nice, bought the no 10 car from demolition derby , the name escapes me, think it no 39, anyone got the latest codes, seem to be up to mid 40s
            Nice finds, I got the same ones from Asda. The codes are on page one of the micro racer check list thread, series 4 boxes. Good luck hunting!

Comment

• thanks for that

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                I hope this works, a list of recent (2020 cardback cases, US and UK compared).

It looks like case 963L is probably Euro-wide as it's been available at Hamleys, Smyths and Morrisons and has the same contents as US 946A.

Case 946B has only been found at Smyths and is identical to Disney 20A. This would appear to be UK exclusive.

Case 946C has only been found at Smyths so far. Again it would appear to be a UK exclusive assortment.

Datestamps:

958Q/18A (M20A),
                958R (M22A),
                958T (M25A),
                958S/19A (M30A),
                962B/20A (M36A),
                946A/963L (M39A),
                946C (M41A),
                21A (M42A),
                962C (M44A),
                946D (M47A)

US UK Disney Store (UK)
                958Q Disney 18A
                958R
                958S Disney 19A
                958T
                962B Disney 20A
                946A 963L
                Disney 21A
                946C
                962C
                946D
                946E
                946G
                The UK 962B and Disney 20A case is similar to the US 958Y case. After a long absence, Met at T5AD has started to post case contents again. He's started with a roundup of older cases.

Comment

• found some nice stuff in smyths, but it not nice enough at 6.99 to buy, also why would trainer cruz have the microphone\speaker on the inside of the packing......

Comment

• Morrison’s have Cars on offer at £5.53 right now, it’s the metallic Cal case.

Comment

• I made a rare venture out this week. Our local Sainsburys Superstore had the Met. Cal Weathers case, indeed it looked like they had about three of them! Another collector told me that his local Morrisons and ASDA both have this case too.

Smyths had put a new case on their website, but that's now disappeared - they are just down to the remnants of the Met. Chick Hicks case!

Comment

• bout ye , all, only shop i,ve been in is tesco cos of work, but nothing there, got a few ferraris and stuff for my train set, i,m just working away driving my tesco van doing home deliveries,,, it like christmas everyday, i,m knackered
                        stay safe everyone

Comment

• When I was out and about for work today, I popped into a few supermarkets on my way home. I saw the remnants of what looked like a new case, with a date stamp of N12A. The previous newest date stamp in the UK was M45A. I'll have a look around and see if I can find any more - all the cars I would've considered buying were all gone!

I'll post info as soon as I have any to report!

All the main supermarkets in the UK, ASDA, Morrisons, Sainburys and Tesco have queuing systems on entry and some have one-way systems in store.

Comment

• I found the scavenger hunt Cruz with rubber tyres in B&M this week. Otherwise it’s repeats of the Harvey Rodcap, Sliver Chick, Paul Conrev singles on clips strips. Still seeing metallic Cal cases everywhere else. Distribution is sooo poor I can’t begin to vent my frustration. I have found it’s almost impossible to find new cars in shops and have to pay more on line. Fingers crossed this improves one day

Comment

• Nice find on the Scavenger Hunt Cruz with rubber tyres, VANDANCE... after finding a few almost a year ago at a Meijer in the US, that case showed up at the Big Lots consolidator chain... I take it B&M is a close-out type of store?

Distribution is an issue everywhere... had I not bought cases from Get Me Collectibles I'd have huge holes in my collection... I have seen case E or F in a couple of stores once on a trip to Indianapolis... locally case D twice is the most recent singles case I've seen... I have received E, F, G, and J from Get Me Collectibles (I skipped D and H)...

The US economy is still in the process of opening back up... I may make a quick Cars run this weekend... I haven't gone to any out of town stores just to look for Cars in 3 months.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• B&M Bargains are one of a number of retailers, that generally sell a range of different items, some brands found in most places and other bargain brands at generally cheaper prices than High Street retailers or supermarkets. There are others like Home Bargains and Poundland who sell a similar wide range of products at low prices. There are other stores like Savers that sell just toiletries and smaller homeware and cleaning products and a small range of groceries.

B&M etc will either sell cheaper brands of toys, not necessarily end-of-line and other lines, like Cars, where manufacturers want to get rid of old stock at reduced prices. Cars are generally £7 in the UK, but around £4 at B&M.

The Entertainer and Toymaster groups of High Street toy stores sell a mix of old and new. They have recently concentrated on old Cars for £4. TK Maxx have done the same, but generally only in the run up to Christmas in recent years.

Cars 3 overstocks hit the market bad. Many stores have now given up, Wilko being the biggest. Wilko is in every High Street, so they are a major loss. They are effectively the modern day Woolworths. It was a very sad day in British history when Woolworths closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X