No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• didnt know about the 9 pack, the peggy liner looks good, can someone remind me what these silver 100 cars are as I havnt seen them, well , maybe I have and its not registering
    someone is beating me to it , in the local b and m now... hasnt been one thing there in past few visits
    smyths reduced the chevy chase estate to 5 quid, griswold, bought that as I hadnt got it and also the wee jap car to a quid, never bought it back in the day as I didnt like some of that range, didnt tempt me for a quid neither, begins with a c, ah chisaki, there was tons of the little madams

Comment

• wheres davey moyes, hasnt been on for a while, prob crying over his footy!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        wheres davey moyes, hasnt been on for a while, prob crying over his footy!
        He’s probably relocated to deepest darkest Europe somewhere, the form appears to be much better abroad!

Comment

• nice one!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post

He’s probably relocated to deepest darkest Europe somewhere, the form appears to be much better abroad!
            I haven't posted as I haven't found any new Cars for weeks!

I've paid a couple of visits to Smyths in search of Doug Crankel, but none of the Smyths on my routes have had that case. Now there's a new case...CF!

Congratulations to everyone who has found the CF case with all the Disney 100 cars in them!

Comment

• I found a few new cars in B&M at the weekend, a circus mini van, cryptid buster LMQ and a few others. Still £3.99 so good value

Comment

• cac1959
                cac1959 commented
                Editing a comment
                Brilliant finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

• found the sally 100 in smyths, that all. roll on 1st may and the lego le mans pug,,,

Comment

• cac1959
                cac1959 commented
                Editing a comment
                Great find, boogity!

• I found a couple of unopened 96CF cases (0333A1) (S05A) at Smyths in Charlton, London the other day.

I picked up the six Disney 100 singles, Claire Gunz'er and Cryptid Buster Lightning McQueen. That's the largest number of new Cars I've purchased for some time!

I also saw fresh 96CC cases at Toymaster and Morrisons. That's the first cases I've seen at both of those shops in a long time.

The current situation (for 2023) would appear to be...

Smyths - 96CF, 96CD, 96CC. Price £6.99.

B&M - 96CF, 96CB. Price £3.99.

ALDI - 96CC (First known appearance of Cars at ALDI). Price £4.99.

Morrisons - 96CC. Price £7.50.

Toymaster - 96CE, 96CC. Price £7.99 or £7.49.

ASDA and Sainsburys are only stocking Cars occasionally. ASDA had a 'clipstrip' variant of the 96CB case a few weeks back.

Tesco appear to have given up on Cars and Hot Wheels or maybe just Mattel totally?
              Last edited by niftynigel; 05-09-2023, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• cac1959
                cac1959 commented
                Editing a comment
                Brilliant finds, niftynigel! Congratulations! I am so looking forward to Cryptid Buster McQueen and completing the set of Disney 100 singles... And thank you for listing what stores have Cars and the prices... in the US we are down to Walmart and Target and occasional grocery stores which may or may not have much (or any) of a selection at all.

• found buster mcq in smyths today, also that 9 pack cars on the road, reduced to 39.99!

Comment

• cac1959
                cac1959 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome finds, boogity! I'm hoping to find Cryptid Buster McQueen one day...

• chris, i,m surprised so few stores are carrying the range

Comment

• Case CE has been found in the UK! Toymaster became the first stores to get the case at the beginning of May. With Smyths getting lots of the CF case, it remains to be seen if any other stores get the CE case in the UK?

I picked up Mae Pillar-Durev, Lightning McQueen Deputy Hazzard and Cave Lightning McQueen.

Comment

• The Entertainer have now got the 96CF case, which they share with B&M and Smyths.

They are priced at £7.50, compared to B&M (£3.99) and Smyths (£6.99).

Comment

• cac1959
                    cac1959 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brilliant find, niftynigel... I am so wanting a Cryptid Buster McQueen for my collection... that is a large price range on the singles ranging from B&M (£3.99) to The Entertainer (£7.50)

• I found the whole set of the Disney 100 cars at B&M yesterday. £3.99 each and loads of the mainline singles as well. On a slightly different tangent, Boogity mentioned the Lego Peugeot Le Mans hyper car….had to get that too!!! And I found the Glory Chaser hot wheels super treasure hunt on short card! Had a good week so far It’s been expensive!

Comment

• cac1959
                    cac1959 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow - incredible finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

• Thanks Chris, yes shocked to get a $uper treasure hunt. It was hot wheels collecting that sparked my cars collecting. I collect both to this day. Mattel certainly had their monies worth from me!! Although prices have skyrocketed since I started hot wheels collecting in 1998. I used to pay 75p for a single hot wheels, now £2.30 per vehicle, some places cheaper, some even more expensive! Cars were £2.99 back in the day in 2006, fast forward to 2023, and you won’t get much change out of £10. There are discount stores that sell cheaper but my point is it’s not a cheap hobby anymore. However, if you enjoy it, it doesn’t matter about the cost, it’s the thrill of the chase and the enjoyment of striving to complete your collection.

Comment

• vandance, find of the year getting that stuff in band m at 3.99, the disney 100
                    as for the pug, have you started to build as i noticed it at a reduced price when i came back off me hols, i think
                    i, m away to see the real thing in less than 2 weeks... diff colour scheme tho, cant wait
                    however... boogity... he follow only the ferrari... at le mans

Comment

Working...
                    X