Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANDANCE
    replied
    I never thought I’d see the day but Joe don Jackson single is becoming a peg warmer in my part of the world. We have seen so many clip strips of the same mix that he is now being left behind in many stores. I counted 5 in the shops today. If anyone needs one I’m happy to help!!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Hi all, a new mix in Sainsbury’s recently, Racing Red Cruz and Dewey Conerod. Not seen this mix about often on my travels. I have seen more of the same old mixes in Asda. Also, Morrisons had the Joe Don Johnson mix in a few stores as well. Still checking Smyths toys website for Mille and the last few needed from this year.
    Last edited by VANDANCE; 11-25-2021, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    That probably explains the case I’ve been seeing in multiple B&M’s, the same hook on them as the C case clipstrips we saw earlier this year with those contents, good value at £3.99 but managed to grab them all elsewhere previously.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    A few ASDA local to me have got more clipstrip assortments in - two cases per store by the looks of it! Found in the crisp, cereal and toilet rolls aisles!

Nick Shift
    Pit Crew Member Fillmore
    Cartney Carsper
    Joe Don Johnson
    Antonio Veloce Eccelente
    Raoul CaRoule (3)
    Pile Up
    Hot Rod Steve Hearsell
    Jackson Storm (2)
    Mater
    Murray Clutchburn (2)
    Rusteze Lightning McQueen (2)
    Fabulous Lightning McQueen
    Ron Hover
    Clutch Aid Racing Tractor
    Bob Pulley
    Darren Leadbeater
    Jimbo
    Dinoco Cruz Ramirez

Date: P19A

12 of the 20 Cars in the AJ case are in this assortment. These are the European clipstrip type rather than the J-clip hanger cards.

All the cards have the same 8 87961 48789 3 barcode.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    In B&M stores I have been to this week have had either no Cars or the same AJ cases. But one B&M yesterday yielded an AL case.

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Heads up all U.K. collectors. B&M are getting singles cases in at £3.99. They are coming with a bespoke floor stand which fits a case of Cars on either side. Among the highlights: Hot Rod Steve Hershall, Joe Don Jackson, Spare Mint next gen racer, clutch aid racing tractor, Bob Pulley. Nice to see a case that was hard to get now in stock at a great price.
    Congratulations on some great finds. I don't believe that the AB or AH cases have shown up in the UK as yet, but it's great that there are more AJ cases, although some of those cars are from other cases? Who knows what might turn up next!

If Mattel want to continue the Cars mainline in the UK, they will need to do the hard sell or we are going to miss more cases! It's probably too big an ask for the whole range to be sold at only Smyths, ASDA, Sainsburys and a few independents? They've got to get Morrisons and Tesco back on board, unless they are no longer interested?

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    Managed to get all the goodies from the AL case from Smyths last week, but also to my surprise the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen from Toytown, must be about 7 years since we had an opportunity for Super Chase cars over here
    Wow! Totally agree, what a great find. I'd not heard of Toytown until you posted this. They look a bit similar to Toys R Us - greatly missed! I'm thankful we have Smyths!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent scores, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    That's a great assortment of 3 Cars at £14... congratulations once again!

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! Great scores, rossibutton! Congratulations! I've seen the case AL singles at 1 grocery and 1 auto parts store... I never saw the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen in a store and paid $32 each for 2 of them on eBay... Brilliant find at an amazing price.

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Nicely done there!! I returned to Smyths today and picked up Jim Reverrick, Sara Wheelson, Derek Wheeliams and 3 repeats- not such a good deal but I can’t pass them up!!

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post

congrats on finding the super chase LMQ, that’s a great looking model and a great buy at £7.00!
    It was also a good opportunity to grab another Gold McQueen with the promotion, so spent £14 and got the Scavenger Hunt Haul Inngas, Super Chase McQueen and Gold McQueen!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    Managed to get all the goodies from the AL case from Smyths last week, but also to my surprise the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen from Toytown, must be about 7 years since we had an opportunity for Super Chase cars over here
    congrats on finding the super chase LMQ, that’s a great looking model and a great buy at £7.00!

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the heads up, VANDANCE! It's great to see a previously hard to find case of Cars but especially great to find it at a great price.
Working...
X