No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UK has the most competitive supermarket situation, with Waitrose and Marks & Spencer (who also sell clothes) at the top end. We then have the 'big four', Tesco, Sainsburys, ASDA and Morrisons. There is also Co-op, who tend to have smaller stores competing with small Tesco and Sainsburys. We then have ALDI and Lidl at the bottom end.

Comment

• I found some XRS drag racers in B&M store today, £3.99 each and had 2 cases in stock.

Comment

• Also, in a different branch of B&M I got the rest of the scavenger hunt series including Chick with piston cup, Cal and Jackson. There was also a metallic hunt Marilyn as well as a few mainlines. All priced at £3.99

Comment

• Awesome finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations! That was a very difficult case to find in the US... I wish they'd have made that case available to Get Me Collectibles to order, but it was a store exclusive (Target I believe) that got canceled by the retailer... I saw it one week at Meijer... and just recently it appeared at Big Lots stores - some got a full case, others just got a handful of singles from the case... I was fortunate to find a SH Chick with a bad card so I could open one... I haven't opened the others yet - I need more display cases for my diecast Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Awesome finds, VANDANCE! Congratulations! That was a very difficult case to find in the US... I wish they'd have made that case available to Get Me Collectibles to order, but it was a store exclusive (Target I believe) that got canceled by the retailer... I saw it one week at Meijer... and just recently it appeared at Big Lots stores - some got a full case, others just got a handful of singles from the case... I was fortunate to find a SH Chick with a bad card so I could open one... I haven't opened the others yet - I need more display cases for my diecast Cars.
            Yes I’ve found these hard to come by but there were 3 at least of each SH model, all hung separately on the pegs. I was surprised to see so many of each in one shop.

Comment

• That moment when you realize you've hit the jackpot at the pegs!

Comment

• My nearest / only local B&M at Tolworth just had a solitary Scavenger Hunt Cruz Ramirez. I knabbed her - it would've been rude not to, sitting there on her own!

Comment

• Great find Nigel, I think the cards the SH Cars are on are some of the nicest in design so I’m keeping mine in the packets. I did get 2 Jacksons as I wanted to open one. The wheels are very different to the standard car. They have the same next-gen design but a lot smaller due to the thick rubber tyres. It actually looks good. I also noticed he has lines running down the back window when the mainline doesn’t.

Comment

• Great find, Nigel... there's no doubt about these being nice looking cards, VANDANCE... I've opened the new SH Chick - I'd like to do a side by side comparison of this Chick with the rubber tire Cars 1 Chick from the old Kmart Cars collector event days.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Jackson vs Rubber Tyres Jackson: Very slignt difference in the body with the rear window fins and the wheeels / tyres.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I ventured a little bit further, out of my work area, to a small number of B&M Bargains. I picked up Cal Weathers and Jackson Storm, both with rubber tyres and Metallic Marilyn. No luck with finding the one I really wanted, Chick Hicks with Trophy!

That said, I still need Metallic Cars 3 Lightning McQueen, Metallic Florida Ramone, Metallic Sally and Biz Torqsen from the 2018-2019 Scavenger Hunt series.

I'm certain that McQueen and Sally were released in small numbers at Disney Store, but none of the Florida Ramone's of any description have officially made it to the UK so far!

Comment

• Very nice comparison photos, VANDANCE... thank you for sharing...

Glad that you found 3 of the 5 Scavenger Hunts from that case, niftynigel.

Comment

• I found a new series of Cars at my local Toymaster the other day. They are called Cars Basics Collection.

The cars are in a mini card, smaller than the old Lane Mates of a few years ago.

They are ideal for someone who just wants the cars and throws away the card. They were priced at £2.99.

I tried to paste an image, but here's a eBay listing ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Ca...814f09e9beef57

Comment

• I was out and about on the Highways again today!

In my scheduled breaks, I stopped at ASDA, Smyths and B&M Bargains - the latter being just over the border!

ASDA

The had a new/old/hybrid case! There was a mix of cars on Cars 3, 2018-2019 and 2020 cardbacks plus a few 2018-2019 and 2020 European clipstrip Cars. Dates ranged from 0097EAA (China) to N12A (Thailand)!

Smyths

They had around 250 cars or more than ten 962C cases! This is the 2018-2019 975A case all over again. That case kept appearing everywhere for nearly a year. The 962C case, as good though it is, has been around since January!

B&M Bargains

They had around 15no Cars 3 Sterling! Sterling wasn't released on a Cars 3 cardback in the UK. The really bizarre thing about his release this time around is that they all had 1079EAA datestamps! Yes, they were manufactured mid-April 2019, two years after Cars 3. We were all on Thailand Cars by then! The equivalent date would be L16A.

Comment

• some good finds there, i havnt ventured out to the shops much , if I dont need it then i,ll do without and cars isnt high up in the scheme of things, the social distancing can be poor and the pics I see in england are quite frankly, pathetic

Comment

Working...
                                X