No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping to see some of the ‘racing red’ series on these clip strips but sadly not. The four big Asda’s in my area have have multiple clip strips and the same assortment. I was pleased with Hot Rod River Scott, Caleb Worley and Will Rusch. Also found 2021 mini racers.

Comment

• Nice finds, niftynigel... over the years I've learned to buy what I can when I see it... I have seen case AC multiple times... I bought most of the ones you bought but passed on Rust-eze Lightning McQueen, Tex, Jimbo, and Tom W... I figured one each in the case I bought was enough.

VANDANCE - the only Racing Red Car I've seen in a store is the Jackson Storm... I only have a Mater because I bought the AB case... it looks like I'll have to spend $25 on eBay to get another Racing Red Mater - that case has to be somewhere, but no idea where.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• happy belated birthday old son, you got a good haul of cars, her indoors did you proud
        we got our jabs on 1st march, still working away as hard as ever, got a cracker wee tesco lego van, came with lego tesco man, it cool
        havnt been looking for cars recently, but spotted metallic union jack ramone in sainsbury, would of bought it back in the day, but left him
        cycling spring classics now on, so thats keeping me in front of the telly,
        what you make of those two jokers,nigel? what a pair of wasters, harrybo lost the plot

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
          happy belated birthday old son, you got a good haul of cars, her indoors did you proud
          we got our jabs on 1st march, still working away as hard as ever, got a cracker wee tesco lego van, came with lego tesco man, it cool
          havnt been looking for cars recently, but spotted metallic union jack ramone in sainsbury, would of bought it back in the day, but left him
          cycling spring classics now on, so thats keeping me in front of the telly,
          what you make of those two jokers,nigel? what a pair of wasters, harrybo lost the plot
          I'm confused - there are lot more than two jokers in the world and most of them are not funny! They are in every walk of life!

If you are referring to sport, there is such a fine line between success and failure. Look at the bizarre season in the (English) Premier League and even the (English) Premier Rugby!

One minute you're a hero, then the next minute you're a zero!

On the Cars front, I hope to be able to go into London after the shops open in April. With a bit of luck, there might be some 2021 cars!

Comment

• To bolster the GB and NI finds ... already posted in the general finds!

I went to my local Sainsburys on Tuesday evening. They had the remnants of the AD case. I purchased The Easter Buggy. The few cars were on offer down from £7.00 to £5.25. I then went onto a few local Sainsburys, taking in ASDA, Morrisons and Tescos too - not a car in sight.

Tonight, I decided to go a little further afield and go to my nearest Smyths, 20 miles away. They had loads of the final 2020 case!

I thought I'd take a slight detour on my way home. First big Sainsburys nothing. The second one had a few cars, so I picked up Pat Traxson and H.J. Hollis. There was a member of staff in the toy section. I asked her if they had any more, but unfortunately not. She did say that a very big store only three miles away had three nearly full cases! I got there with about ten minutes to spare before closing! I picked up Aiden, Ruby Easy Oaks, Ramone (Green), Ducky Fauntleroy, Lighting McQueen as Easter Buggy and Taco! There appeared to be more than one Suki per case and more than one Cartney Carsper, so it looks like Racing Red Jackson Storm is not in that case or at least the variant that Sainsburys have! They were £5.25 at all stores! Funny how some stores got multiple cases and most stores got none!

Comment

• cracker finds nigel, we still behind in locktown, smyths arnt open yet, maybe try sainsburys over weekend if weather poor

Comment

• Case AE has just started to arrive at Smyths. The website states that they will be in stores this week.
                I just popped down to my nearest one (about 20 miles away) and bought Jimmy Cables, Hot Rod Junior Moon, Sputter Stop Racing Tractor and Lightning McQueen (with Piston Cup).
                It looked like they had an initial allocation of two cases, as they still had plenty of the last 2020 case in stock!
                On another recent trip, I noticed that The Entertainer and Toymaster had XRS Mud Racing singles, XRS Drag Racing singles and Rocket Racing singles all priced at £4.99 GBP. B&M Bargains had some of those too.

Comment

• Great finds, nigel! Congratulations! I have never seen the Sputter Stop Tractor in a store... Hoping to find case AG singles soon - they are the only ones I still need from the Spring 2021 poster.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Case AA has just started to appear at Tesco.
                    United Kingdom - Recap...
                    Case AA - Disney Stores; ASDA; Tesco
                    Case AB - Not found
                    Case AC - Disney Stores; ASDA (Clipstrip version)
                    Case AD - Sainsburys; Toymaster
                    Case AE - Smyths
                    Case AF - ASDA; Smyths
                    Case AG - Not found
                    Last edited by niftynigel; 05-15-2021, 05:11 PM. Reason: Case AF found in the UK

Comment

• finally got to the shops, well smyths, assume it was the AE case, but all the good stuff was gone, so bought a trainer cruz reduced to a fiver which I havnt got, bumped into ru5ty, rem him, said anyone buying at 7.00 was in his words, nuts, had to agree, i,ll bide me time....
                      asda living , old stuff, our tesco, old stuff too
                      headed off to garden centre and bought some plants.......

Comment

• thanks to ru5ty I got the easter buggy in asda, the dream team back in action

Comment

• Case 96AF has been found at ASDA and Smyths today. I purchased Robert Jam Jones, Brian Spark, Joe Don Johnson, M Fast Fong, Saludos Amigos Ramone, Lightning McQueen with Cone, Todd Marcus and Racing Red Sally.

Todd Marcus was actually released a few years ago in the UK. He was in the truncated case that appeared at TK Maxx, just before Cars 3 was released. There were just a few. I never saw him, so it's great to finally get him!

Comment

• As can be seen from my previous post, the UK cases are 96 rather than 95 in the US. I don't know whether 96 is unique to the UK and Ireland? Probably the whole of Europe at least?

Comment

• After reading Nifty Nigel’s recent success - congrats on the finds btw! I dropped into a few Asda stores today. Only 1 had new clip strips. I scored Pam Wheeldarrow, muddy racing centre LMQ, Fast Fong, Hot Rod Louise Nash, Jimmy Cables, Blindspot and Brian Spark. Happy to get a number of fresh releases!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                                After reading Nifty Nigel’s recent success - congrats on the finds btw! I dropped into a few Asda stores today. Only 1 had new clip strips. I scored Pam Wheeldarrow, muddy racing centre LMQ, Fast Fong, Hot Rod Louise Nash, Jimmy Cables, Blindspot and Brian Spark. Happy to get a number of fresh releases!
                                Congratulations on your new Asda finds, VANDANCE! Case AG is a great case!

Comment

Working...
                                X