No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up all U.K. collectors. B&M are getting singles cases in at £3.99. They are coming with a bespoke floor stand which fits a case of Cars on either side. Among the highlights: Hot Rod Steve Hershall, Joe Don Jackson, Spare Mint next gen racer, clutch aid racing tractor, Bob Pulley. Nice to see a case that was hard to get now in stock at a great price.
    Last edited by VANDANCE; 10-08-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• cac1959
      cac1959 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the heads up, VANDANCE! It's great to see a previously hard to find case of Cars but especially great to find it at a great price.

• Managed to get all the goodies from the AL case from Smyths last week, but also to my surprise the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen from Toytown, must be about 7 years since we had an opportunity for Super Chase cars over here
    Attached Files

Comment

• cac1959
      cac1959 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Great scores, rossibutton! Congratulations! I've seen the case AL singles at 1 grocery and 1 auto parts store... I never saw the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen in a store and paid $32 each for 2 of them on eBay... Brilliant find at an amazing price.

• Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
    Managed to get all the goodies from the AL case from Smyths last week, but also to my surprise the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen from Toytown, must be about 7 years since we had an opportunity for Super Chase cars over here
    congrats on finding the super chase LMQ, that’s a great looking model and a great buy at £7.00!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post

congrats on finding the super chase LMQ, that’s a great looking model and a great buy at £7.00!
      It was also a good opportunity to grab another Gold McQueen with the promotion, so spent £14 and got the Scavenger Hunt Haul Inngas, Super Chase McQueen and Gold McQueen!

Comment

• cac1959
        cac1959 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great assortment of 3 Cars at £14... congratulations once again!

• Nicely done there!! I returned to Smyths today and picked up Jim Reverrick, Sara Wheelson, Derek Wheeliams and 3 repeats- not such a good deal but I can’t pass them up!!

Comment

• cac1959
        cac1959 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent scores, VANDANCE! Congratulations!

• Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
      Managed to get all the goodies from the AL case from Smyths last week, but also to my surprise the Super Chase Transforming Lightning McQueen from Toytown, must be about 7 years since we had an opportunity for Super Chase cars over here
      Wow! Totally agree, what a great find. I'd not heard of Toytown until you posted this. They look a bit similar to Toys R Us - greatly missed! I'm thankful we have Smyths!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
        Heads up all U.K. collectors. B&M are getting singles cases in at £3.99. They are coming with a bespoke floor stand which fits a case of Cars on either side. Among the highlights: Hot Rod Steve Hershall, Joe Don Jackson, Spare Mint next gen racer, clutch aid racing tractor, Bob Pulley. Nice to see a case that was hard to get now in stock at a great price.
        Congratulations on some great finds. I don't believe that the AB or AH cases have shown up in the UK as yet, but it's great that there are more AJ cases, although some of those cars are from other cases? Who knows what might turn up next!

If Mattel want to continue the Cars mainline in the UK, they will need to do the hard sell or we are going to miss more cases! It's probably too big an ask for the whole range to be sold at only Smyths, ASDA, Sainsburys and a few independents? They've got to get Morrisons and Tesco back on board, unless they are no longer interested?

Comment

• In B&M stores I have been to this week have had either no Cars or the same AJ cases. But one B&M yesterday yielded an AL case.

Comment

• A few ASDA local to me have got more clipstrip assortments in - two cases per store by the looks of it! Found in the crisp, cereal and toilet rolls aisles!

Nick Shift
            Pit Crew Member Fillmore
            Cartney Carsper
            Joe Don Johnson
            Antonio Veloce Eccelente
            Raoul CaRoule (3)
            Pile Up
            Hot Rod Steve Hearsell
            Jackson Storm (2)
            Mater
            Murray Clutchburn (2)
            Rusteze Lightning McQueen (2)
            Fabulous Lightning McQueen
            Ron Hover
            Clutch Aid Racing Tractor
            Bob Pulley
            Darren Leadbeater
            Jimbo
            Dinoco Cruz Ramirez

Date: P19A

12 of the 20 Cars in the AJ case are in this assortment. These are the European clipstrip type rather than the J-clip hanger cards.

All the cards have the same 8 87961 48789 3 barcode.

Comment

• That probably explains the case I’ve been seeing in multiple B&M’s, the same hook on them as the C case clipstrips we saw earlier this year with those contents, good value at £3.99 but managed to grab them all elsewhere previously.

Comment

• Hi all, a new mix in Sainsbury’s recently, Racing Red Cruz and Dewey Conerod. Not seen this mix about often on my travels. I have seen more of the same old mixes in Asda. Also, Morrisons had the Joe Don Johnson mix in a few stores as well. Still checking Smyths toys website for Mille and the last few needed from this year.
                Last edited by VANDANCE; 11-25-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• I never thought I’d see the day but Joe don Jackson single is becoming a peg warmer in my part of the world. We have seen so many clip strips of the same mix that he is now being left behind in many stores. I counted 5 in the shops today. If anyone needs one I’m happy to help!!

Comment

• Hi to all and happy new year! I hope you all have a fantastic 2022 and find all the cars you need to keep the hobby going!

Comment

• Smyths have the first 2022 singles case. The blister packs are smaller and the cars are more tightly packed, which makes them look smaller and not as good IMO.

I guess the cases / cartons will be smaller too?

Still 24 to a case / carton?

It's probably Mattel's contribution to reduced packaging as they probably consider that *everyone* opens the packaging and throws the packaging away. If we all did, maybe a good move?

Comment

• On my way back from West Ham United v. Leeds United in the FA Cup, I stopped off at London Bridge Station. I was walking past the small Hamleys store, when I noticed they had some new cars, the first time I'd seen any cars in Hamleys for a very long time!

All the ones at the front looked to be repeats, but then I noticed Kris Revstopski (with Yellow flag). Yes, they had a fresh 96AM case! I picked up a Hydraulic Ramone, Millie and Racing Red Lightning McQueen!

I had purchased a Corgi Diecast Back To The Future at Regent Street, just after Christmas, so I had a £5 voucher to spend, so the four cars cost £27. Well pleased!

As Hamleys have now got this case, that means it must be a general circulation case, so it could turn up anywhere!

Comment

• cac1959
                          cac1959 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great find, niftynigel! Congratulations! This is also one of the first times I've heard that the first singles case from 2022 has been found... I'll check the Smyth's website... I have no idea as far as contents of the 2022 cases as of today (January 18, 2022).
                      Working...
                      X