No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent question, Justin... excellent insight, niftynigel.

2021 singles case AA has been found at both Walmart and Target stores in the US in the last 2 weeks... so hopefully you'll see it fairly soon.

I was a little bummed to find out that in the US, Target and Walmart bought all the stock of 2021 singles case AA... that means Mattel canceled the order for the case that had been placed by Get Me Collectibles.

And because of COVID cases skyrocketing, I'm not wanting to do much if any Cars shopping out of town at this time... I may check a few stores in 2 weeks.

Hopefully our UK friends will find the new 2021 Cars soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• could very well be stuff out there, but havnt been out in the shops recently, getting tesco man to bring the groceries, this particular tesco man had a bad fall down a wifies steps when delivering her shopping, so he offside for a bit. my mother who has just turned 89 was diagnosed with covid in the nursing home along with a number of other old dears, as she was classed as life ending we were allowed in to see her for a period of 5 days, with ppe etc, first time in home since march, got a call saying we no longer allowed in.....as she off the critcal list and his making a recovery along with a few of the others, unfortunately some did die, which was sad
      hope everyones keeping safe and has they say over here... keep her lit ya boy (girl)ye!

Comment

• b and m bargains, found on a clip strip at 3.99, drag racing cars, interesting no 117 is lil, torquey, but looking up the clip strip I found another 117, but it said spikey fillups, on the card , which weirded me out somewhat!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
          b and m bargains, found on a clip strip at 3.99, drag racing cars, interesting no 117 is lil, torquey, but looking up the clip strip I found another 117, but it said spikey fillups, on the card , which weirded me out somewhat!
          The first wave (release) of the Drag Racers listed the next gen racer #117 as Lil Torquey Pistons... however, Lil Torquey Pistons is the name associated with the Piston Cup Racer version of #117.... the name of the next generation racer #117 is Spikey Fillups.

And like you, boogity, seeing the same Car with a different name on the card label was strange to me... years ago I'd have bought the new Spikey Fillups labeled Car... but I no longer have to buy every variation of Car and card/label that Mattel releases... the 3.99 GBP price is a good price for those of you in the UK.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Tried Smyths, Asda, Tesco and Morrisons today. Still no sign of any 2021 Cars

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

The first wave (release) of the Drag Racers listed the next gen racer #117 as Lil Torquey Pistons... however, Lil Torquey Pistons is the name associated with the Piston Cup Racer version of #117.... the name of the next generation racer #117 is Spikey Fillups.

And like you, boogity, seeing the same Car with a different name on the card label was strange to me... years ago I'd have bought the new Spikey Fillups labeled Car... but I no longer have to buy every variation of Car and card/label that Mattel releases... the 3.99 GBP price is a good price for those of you in the UK.

thanks chris, googled that info earlier, like you I would of bought them both back in the day, might yet, but cant face going back and queing up again!

Comment

• Most of the South/East of England and London is now in the new Tier 4 / Lockdown. This will be reviewed, but it's unlikely to be lifted until end of January at the earliest, but more likely March.

All non essential shops are closed.

It's not that important compared to the health and wellbeing of the nation, but I can't see any new Cars arriving or being distributed before Easter. That may well mean the UK misses out on the first few 2021 cases or any cars that were due only in those cases.

We've missed out on dozens of cars in the last couple of years, so we're used to that anyway!

Keeping healthy and avoiding COVID-19 is much more important right now.

Stay safe, abide by the rules.

Comment

• found wave 7 maybe series 1 mini racers in tesco, some had been opened , but they the ones i wanted, trainee, black white mater, transforming mcq and rusteze filmore
                  cars down to 5.50 but only had 2 old card storm, prob is they come in in 12s now and dont know what box looks like, wasnt going to any other shop to find out

Comment

• also
                    2 other good finds
                    lego type tesco truck with wee mini tesco man figure, it down fom 20 to 10 and is now worth with, pretty good , i can now create tesco man diaoramas like the one where i fell down wifies steps and buggared me knee
                    second find was in lidl, it a glass display cabinet , in white or wood, holds i reckon 50 1.43rd,s also be good for 1.55 cars too, could get 75 plus in
                    looks good and good price too at 59.95, substanial unit , yet to build it .... it for me overflow 1.43 ferraris
                    good looking item
                    no room in house for another unfortunately
                    have a good christmas, keep ,er lit and stay safe

Comment

• England has been in a national lockdown for around two weeks - the first review is 15 February. No one is expecting the situation to change before all the vulnerable groups have had at least their first vaccine. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales have devolved governments - they have similar measures in place, indeed Scotland's rules are much more severe than England's. Thankfully, the figures appear to be lowering, both in terms of confirmed cases and deaths. The lockdown is likely to be progressively lifted from just before Easter. I don't know if that means non-essential shops can reopen.

Smyths Toy Superstores have been busy adding loads of 2021 singles to their website, but as they are showing loads of end of 2020 stock in stores, so unless they have a clearance sale, it could be months before they get 2021 cars in.

With the new film due in the Spring, I can actually see a situation where they cancel the 2021 cars. Any early 2021 cases that made it to the UK, may end of at TK Maxx, B&M Bargains, Toymaster and The Entertainer at £3.99.

I actually bought my first car in ages earlier this month. It was a 2020 Florida Ramone. Until Hydraulic Florida Ramone landed in the UK at the end of 2020, we hadn't had any of the Florida Ramones!

We might be confined to eBay in the UK for the time being. The EU and the UK have tightened up the rules on internet sellers having to register for VAT (sales tax). This is easy for big companies like Amazon, but private sellers, selling from the EU to the UK and vice versa are deterred from selling as they won't be VAT registered in a number of countries. This is nothing to do with Brexit, but has been planned for some years. It may eventually pave the way for a digital tax?

The UK and EU have a shared procedure, where goods under the value of 135 GBP or 150 Euros are not subject to Customs charges. Over this there will be customs charges and (Royal Mail) handling fees. VAT will be paid by the purchaser. Under this amount, VAT is paid by the seller as part of the transaction. This is what has put a number of small sellers off selling between the UK and EU.

Finally, the low value consignment relief (goods under 15 GBP or 22 Euros) has been scrapped by the EU and UK. It was possible to purchase VAT free purchases, e.g. CDs from companies registered in some tax havens, e.g. Switzerland. Those that are still trading across the water, have now raised their prices to accommodate the buyers local VAT rate.
                      Last edited by niftynigel; 01-17-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for the update, niftynigel... lockdowns such as the one in the UK are tough but until we have better control on COVID throughout the world are more necessary than some people think...I am hopeful that with the change of leadership in the US that the US may be able to do a better job than has been shown since the start of the pandemic.

Congratulations on your 2020 Florida Ramone find..

Sorry to hear about the VAT implementation on eBay... eBay in the US now charges sales tax for the buyer's state - all my eBay purchases are now 7% higher than the were... and since going to Cars shop does not happen often for me because of COVID, I've been buying more on eBay and/or buying 2021 singles cases.

Comment

• Also posted on the ASDA UK finds ...

Getting out in the current lockdown has proven to be very difficult. I was out and about today for work and popped into ASDA Sheerwater, near Woking.

They appeared to have two near full clipstrips of cars. I counted 43 cars (out of a possible 48).

The actual assortment is identical to the US 95AC case.

There's probably 10 or 11 cars in that assortment that I would like to get when they are included in regular cases.

Smyths are due a case, which looks like it's similar, if not identical to the 95AD case.

If all goes according to plan, all non-essential shops in England are supposed to open in the middle of April. Here's hoping ... I've had my first COVID-19 jab by then and the shops open as planned!!

Comment

• I forgot to say, that a few weeks ago, for my birthday, my wife got me a few deluxes that I was missing, Frank Pinkerton, WGP Globie, Mr. Drippy and T.J. Well pleased with that lot!

I just realised that I reached 1,000 posts - Cars-a-holic! It's taken me nearly none years!

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday, niftynigel! Congratulations on the Deluxe Cars that your wife bought you as presents... that's a nice lot.... and congratulations on reaching the 1000 post level.

Comment

• On my home from my first COVID-19 jab, I popped into the two nearest ASDA superstores. One ASDA (Burgh Heath) was very near the major local vaccination centre - Epsom Downs Racecourse. The ASDA at Sutton didn't have any cars, neither did the Morrisons or Sainsburys. The large Tesco Superstore at Cheam didn't have any cars too!

As the non-essential shops in England aren't due to open for at least another four weeks, I gave in to temptation and purchased the ten cars I wanted on the clipstrip cards. Apart from all having the same barcode and different SKUs to the cars in regular cases and the clipstrip cut out hanger, they are identical to the international cards.

As these cars are from the 'AC' case assortment, it's likely that some of them won't be repeated or released in regular cases in the UK. I think Smyths are starting from the 'AD' and 'AE' assortments. This influenced my decision to purchase the cars - they were £6.47 GBP each. That's a good price by UK standards, but still works out at around $9 USD.
                                The full assortment is:
                                KORI TURBOWITZ 1
                                JEFF GORVETTE 2
                                J.D McPILLAR (TOW CAP No.4) 2
                                HOT ROD RIVER SCOTT 1
                                MANNY FLYWHEEL (N20 Cola No. 68) 1
                                DARREN LEADFOOT (SHINY WAX No. 82) 1
                                WILL RUSCH (VINYL TOUPEE No. 76) (2G) 1
                                CALEB WORLEY 1
                                EASY IDLE RACING TRACTOR 1
                                KATHY COPTER 1
                                PIT CREW MEMBER FILLMORE 1