Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2018/19/20/21/22/23 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogity View Post
    is there anything out there, must say i havnt real;ly been looking as theres not much to look for it would seem
    It's been a huge lull everywhere, boogity... stores are starting to do their resets... new items coming out are the Fireball Beach series items (at Target in the US and smaller stores in the UK) and the Thomasville Legends series (at US Walmart stores after coming out at Big W in Australia)... I've seen very few 2018 singles Cars... Deluxe have been more common and I have seen 2 packs at a few store chains... Toys R US merchandise has been showing up at many different consolidators stores in the US... Mattel hasn't even shown the 2018 poster and we are 3 months away from the 2019 Mattel year.

2 new things appeared in California yesterday so there is hope for new merchandise... but this lull has been bad... if Mattel is making long-term collectors like me lose interest in their products there's a problem with their strategy... and I agree - 15 quid for Deluxe is too much to pay although I have paid more than I'd have liked to have paid for many items.

I expect we'll see new case assortments sometime and would not be surprised to see the equivalent of the Super Case from 2012 with 2 Super Chase Cars and 11 or 12 new Cars total.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

good reply chris thanks

Comment

Hamleys have opened a small store in the basement level at London Bridge railway station. It's similar to their small store at London St. Pancras International station. They had a few Cars and Hot Wheels items. Hot Wheels singles were Ł3.50, Cars 3 singles Ł8.00, Cars 2018 deluxe and double packs are Ł21. These prices are influenced by the high rents that Network Rail charge retailers and the high salaries paid to employees in Central London locations.

Toymaster have the Road Trip On The Road 3-Car pack for Ł11.99. On the 'sale' price ticket it states the price is down from Ł19.99. I'm sure I paid Ł14.99 at ASDA.

Although it's been suggested that the Fireball Beach Racers and Thomasville Racing Legends have been offered to smaller retailers, there have been no reports of them for sale in the UK so far. Toymaster have confirmed that they haven't been offered to their collective buyers, but individual stores or small groups within the brand may stock them. These two series would almost definitely have been been stocked by Toys R Us as the first to market retailer.

Mattel have been busy offloading overstocks of various lines to both The Entertainer and Toymaster. On my travels, I saw loads of old Cars 3 singles and double packs (US carded) at B&M Bargains in Ipswich. Singles are generally Ł3.99 and double packs Ł7.99, the same prices as Toymaster Cars 3 'sale' stock.

School holidays are always a good time for Mattel to clear the warehouses. Once the kids are back to school in September, expect to see some new stocks, hopefully Cars 3 singles!?

Comment

good wee find in home bargains, behind the normal peg warmers I found a rusteze cruz wth the little poster and sign, at 2.99 I said, i,ll have that thankyou
          also
          mate was over at snetterton bttcc at the weekend, phoned up to tell me a stall had loads of cars 3, he then told me the price was 8 quid, told him they can keep them!

Comment

part from that sod all else on my trip

Comment

Fireball beach cars in Asda today folks if you need to scratch that itch and pick up some Cars. Thanks

Comment

how much

Comment

Ł7.97. At that price they can keep them!

Comment

second that

Comment

new cars mag out freebie car was dinoco cruz and daniel swervz or what ever his name is

Comment

Nice find on the Cars Magazine, boogity... I have several of those that I got in the past from rippers and Mr Brownstone (2 names from the past)...

Anyone found any new Cars in the UK? None in the midwest within 150 miles of me...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

well i,m in wales on hols, found a nice 1.18ish scale plastic dinoco cruz in txmax for 6.99, well chuffed, that adds nicely to my cruz cars.
                          also got some good news, our friends have finally found frosty, he,s been in transit from austrailia ever since he first came out, cant rem how many years, then he,s been boxed up somewhere ever since

Comment

The original release of Frosty?

Comment

dunno frank havnt got it yet, assume its an aussie version, there are 2 types,,,or so i,m told, will keep you updated,,,so watch this space

Comment

Righton.

Comment

Working...
                                X